Trailer Trash

Tuesday (Read 33 times)

AT-runner

Tim

1st run in a while today.  I've been on injured reserve fighting pneumonia.  Still feel like I was breathing through a straw, but gutted out 6 miles.  DW talked me into dropping from the Ironmaster for this weekend.  The race is full, so I gave up my spot.  Jamezilla, I'll be there working in some capacity, and may run a bit later in race with some people.  We can meet up at registration.

QOTD:  Guilty, "Will Run For Beer" & "Ultra Runner".  Most of the trail runners in my area have some stickers, since we park our cars at many different trail heads.  People know we're out there running, and we can recognize who else in on the trails.

I do want this sticker.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

1st run in a while today.  I've been on injured reserve fighting pneumonia.  Still feel like I was breathing through a straw, but gutted out 6 miles.  DW talked me into dropping from the Ironmaster for this weekend.  The race is full, so I gave up my spot.  Jamezilla, I'll be there working in some capacity, and may run a bit later in race with some people.  We can meet up at registration.

I was wondering about how you were doing with the pnemonia, sorry to hear you had to drop, but glad to hear you'll still make it.  I can't believe the race sold out.  Yes I'll be sure to seek you out.  I'm staying the night before in the Ironmaster's mansion.

**Ask me about streaking**

Brian Runner

Distance: 4.02 mi
        Time: 50:52
        Avg Pace: 12:40 min/mi
        Avg Speed: 4.7 mph
        Elevation Gain: 1,846 ft

My first run of any significance since Hyner. Still a little beat up, but feeling the urge to get rolling again.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I am really thinking of taking a break from the longer stuff and not running anything longer than a 20 mile race. I was looking forward to Cajun Coyote, and I will be there running one of the events. I just don't think I want to run more than about 20 miles anymore. That may change, but we will see. I am just tired of being in some sort of training cycle. I think they call it burn out.

I have never ran longer than a 50K and dreamed of doing it but it's too much work.  Running became work, training etc.  I just want to run in the woods, feel good and enjoy the shorter runs.  After running 4/5 hours my mind drifts to drinking beer and eating food and I just want to be done.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

NorthernHarrier

I have never ran longer than a 50K and dreamed of doing it but it's too much work.  Running became work, training etc.  I just want to run in the woods, feel good and enjoy the shorter runs.  After running 4/5 hours my mind drifts to drinking beer and eating food and I just want to be done.

+1

Been there, done that. It's liberating not to be thinking about each run as a workout. You can still run long but it is because you feel like it--not because you have to.

LB2

Yep. That is where I am, Sue and Harrier. That was my approach to hunting this spring, too. And it was very enjoyable.

LB2