Trailer Trash

Wasted Weekender (Read 18 times)

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

FTYC - I'd say you never seem to get a break, but that's exactly what you got.  (you can groan now)

Struggled through 3.4 miles before deciding I really should be taking it easy today.  5Ks can take it out of you when you run them right.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

fetch- sorry, that sucks!  biking might be OK; my guess is you'll know right away if it isn't Smile

8 miles and ~ 2000' gain for Tiny Elvis and I; thought we might have got some good heat training in as well, but when I got back to the truck it said 70 degrees 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

Golf today and then a hike.  Golf was good, missed a hole in 1 by inches after ball rolled and hit flag stick. Thought I had it.  Hike was nice but cut it short with storms brewing. 

Last night house was shaking with thunder.  Storm right over top of us. The lightning and thunder had no pause between them for a while. It was pretty intense.

FTYC - Ouch!  X-rays confirmed?  What toe, and how?  I ran last year with a broken second toe.  Pushing off felt sore, but otherwise not too bad. Walking barefoot was what hurt the most.  It all depends on what toe and what causes pain.

George - remember the old rule (Sheehan or Higdon, can't remember)  1 day easy for every mile you raced.    I'm sure that doesn't get quoted much anymore, but that was a popular suggestion in the 80's.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

runtraildc

No running. My cold turned for the worse, so I've been taking short walks and long naps. Feeling like a truck hit me, so I am taking it easy.

Marie-- ouch. I broke my toe, chipped the bone at the joint attaching into my foot (sorry, that's as technical as I can get) and I was out for over a month, almost 6 weeks before normal running. The pain wasn't too bad, except when I landed.  However, there was concern about running hindering the healing and then needing a surgical repair (the doctor's advice).  I hope yours gets in order a lot faster.

Now there's thunderstorms moving into the area. I'm looking forward to it since I don't have any running plans.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

George - remember the old rule (Sheehan or Higdon, can't remember)  1 day easy for every mile you raced.    I'm sure that doesn't get quoted much anymore, but that was a popular suggestion in the 80's.

So if I race a 50K every month, all the rest of my running would be easy?

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

wcrunner: Sounds about right to me . Wishful thinking...

AT, I broke the pinkie toe, splintering the first bone of the toe, the one closest to the base joint near the metatarsal. I was not sure if it was broken, as there was hardly any bruising, but the pain was stinging, so I went for the X-rays. The doc said I also had torn off a ligament from the bone, but it should all heal up fine again. They gave me a "shoe" and recommended taping the toe.

I have had similar injuries twice before, once on each foot, just more severe, with broken metatarsals/metatarsal heads, ripped and dislocated joints, and multiple toe bones fractured. Both these times, the foot was atrociously bruised. Seems I just can't guess the size of my feet right, or where they will land.  It always (including this time) happened when I crashed my pinkie toe into a corner, just walking, bending it way to the side, thus breaking the bones and ripping the tendons/ligaments. I consider myself lucky this time that the metatarsal is not involved and the joint is not dislocated.

Both previous times, the injury healed up without complications and no treatment other than taping the foot and toe and avoiding putting weight on it for a while, but it would be 3-6 months before I could wear shoes again. So 3-4 weeks this time sounds almost blissful. Considering the severity of the previous injuries, I am surprised that I can run 100-milers (and do the training for them) without pain or the injury acting up again. Keeping my fingers crossed that it will heal well again this time, you never know.

Run for fun.

Sandy-2

AT: nice that you were able to get the fam together.  Always nice.

FTYC: sorry about the toe.  Hope it heals up soon.

QoN: Devan says the knee is feeling better, she has a doctors appointment tomorrow so we’ll see.

Did 11 miles again today.  Felt a little better than yesterday because we went a little slower.  Because it was a little warmer.

Our little running club had a going away brunch for one of our friend who is moving away.  It was nice. Funny to see everyone in “real” clothes.

tbd.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

JThat’s it.....Training is done and taper mode begins....will see how good the training was in two weeks.  Ran 19 miles  in the “canyons” on WS trail.  It was either hiking up or slamming the quads on way down. We ran into some jeepers and they gave us a beer.  It was 4 ish mikes all down hill to the creek and 2.5 hike back up to start....so what the hell we drank our beers at the creek.  Ok I had a coors light....Rose choose an 805.

We thought it was going to be hotter than hell but we had a huge thunderstorm come though last night and everything was nice a damp.

Couch:  how did you do it?  Hmm they mentioned tendons...take the time off..let it heal.

Runtrail: Sorry about the cold...

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I ran with Alex today..he is also running TRT and has done it before.   I asked if it was going to be hot and he said definitely and mostly full sun.  He also said one time it was freezing..which he is hoping fir this year.  I also mentioned on another post nit sure you saw...that the trails are pretty easy as in not  to technical..

AT: nice that you were able to get the fam together.  Always nice.

FTYC: sorry about the toe.  Hope it heals up soon.

QoN: Devan says the knee is feeling better, she has a doctors appointment tomorrow so we’ll see.

Did 11 miles again today.  Felt a little better than yesterday because we went a little slower.  Because it was a little warmer.

Our little running club had a going away brunch for one of our friend who is moving away.  It was nice. Funny to see everyone in “real” clothes.

Sandy-2

Thanks Queen.  I hope it’s on the cold side too!!!!! But since I’m signed up it’ll probably be a record heat wave.

tbd.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Gatsby gave you more details  on your 69 report.

Thanks Queen.  I hope it’s on the cold side too!!!!! But since I’m signed up it’ll probably be a record heat wave.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Gatsby how was you 100k.... didn’t realize it was that far?  Was this your first 100k?