Trailer Trash

Provo Marathon RR (Read 45 times)

Daydreamer1

Congrats on the good run. I understand your feelings on Boston. I have nothing against the large marathons, it's just that I have no desire to be in a crush of that many people.

Poop breaks are becoming a regular thing for me. How can cut those out when I don't seem to have control over them?

Welcome to my world. But it's not really the poop breaks that bother me. It's the bloating that I've been getting recently. It gets so bad that I can't run and constantly belch even when walking. I'm going to approach things scientifically to see what the problem is. I just got my first shipment of Perpetuem and Endurolyte fizz, so I'll be trying to adjust that to eliminate the problem.

Occasional Runner

Congrats on the good run. I understand your feelings on Boston. I have nothing against the large marathons, it's just that I have no desire to be in a crush of that many people.

Welcome to my world. But it's not really the poop breaks that bother me. It's the bloating that I've been getting recently. It gets so bad that I can't run and constantly belch even when walking. I'm going to approach things scientifically to see what the problem is. I just got my first shipment of Perpetuem and Endurolyte fizz, so I'll be trying to adjust that to eliminate the problem.

Thanks! Good luck with the Hammer products. Let me know how it goes for you and if you need any help with anything.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Congratulations, Kelly, awesome run! You really have gotten fast!

On the crappy side, you can try to reduce the fiber in your diet, that helps me a lot, and reduce the amount of fat of the pre-race meal. In case nothing works, and it gets too bothersome, you can take Imodium before the race (somewhere 1-3 hourse before the start). Downside is, the Imodium can make you drowsy, and when I take them, I always have to fight the urge to just fall asleep at the start line, or lay down somewhere along the trail and take a nap (which might take up more time than a pit stop).

Run for fun.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Congrats on a fast marathon and the BQ.  My thoughts on Boston...I wouldn't rule out doing Boston too quickly (not saying you are).  To me, it is a celebration of running for those who have put in the time and made the qualifying standard.  You've earned it so you have every right to be there.  Plus you can drink beer and kiss girls along the route.  I think if there is any year to do Boston, 2014 is it...I'm sure it will be bigger and better than ever.

I have found that a pre race dinner of Sushi works for me for the having to crap mid race issue.  All that rice binds me up and I'm good to go for a solid 24 hours.

Congrats again on a solid performance.

**Ask me about streaking**