Horseplay Fridaily (Read 43 times)

jonferg67

Endless trails

Happy Friday, trail people.

SRD for me today, planning a 20 miler tomorrow now that the trails are

clear of snow and ice.

Had yet another good interview this past week, Practice Administrator for a

Physical/Occupational Therapy agency. At least I'm getting very good at

interviewing, too bad I can't get a job as a professional interviewee.

Welcome to USMCtq. I was in the CG for 20 years, we always gave you

guys a ride. Are you now a former Marine, or still active?

QOTD: Anyone doing a St. Patricks Day race this year?

runtraildc

Morning!  SRD for me, too.  But I might take the littler one for a 2-3 miler while his older brother is in the pool.  We'll be going pretty slow.  Meanwhile, strength training is planned for after work.

Jonfer--good luck on the interview (and job search)!

qotd-- nope.  Though I'm thinking of hosting an informal Paddy's Day run for my older DS and his friends (track season is around the corner).

ultratom80

Good Morning!

SRD for me three!

Doing an easy 12 tomorrow. 1 week till the HAT 50K!

QOTD: Due to the 50k, I am not running any St. Patrick Day runs this year.

This time last year I was stressing about running a shamrock half marathon, now Im excited for my next ultra. Funny how it is.

Tom

Birdwell

Morning folks! got in 5.75 this morning. It felt really good too.  Had a discussion with my self as I was putting on my shoes, my brain told my legs that they'd been running much to slowly for as good as they felt, and that they needed to pick it up a little bit. It worked!

its great to see some new people posting here. welcome everyone!

QOTD: I'm doing a 5k, but it's next weekend (I live in a college town, the 5k is being put on by a student group. And it's spring break this week. So they're calling it a st Patrick's hangover run)

Low_O2

Happy Friday all! Seems like lots of folks resting today, I'll join you with a SRD as well.

Missed posting the last couple days but have been getting in some miles. Wednesday I got in 8.3 miles across the desert to the top of one of the local ancient volcanoes with the dog. Yesterday afternoon hit La Luz trail for 8.6 miles and ~2100ft elevation gain. Quite the contrast from Saturday, when it was a winter wonderland on the mountain. Yesterday was hot in the afternoon sun!  Starting to get a bit warm for the dog, had to stop and let him cool off a few times.

Have 22 planned for tomorrow. And like always I'm struggling with staying down low in the flatter stuff to take it easy on my ankle, or journey up the mountain to check on the current snow levels.....

QOTD: Nope, no races for me.

The pooch and I had another great 8 mile trail run. Despite the fact that there was still ice on the puddles, there were signs of spring everywhere.

QOTD: Nope no St Patricks day race for me this year.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Occasional Runner

Bit of a hangover this morning so my morning run was slow and unproductive. But it's worth it.

sugnim

Good morning and happy Friday!  There are rumors that the boss may let us out early today, and if so it will be a nice, if soggy, afternoon to go for a run.  We've been having weather in the 50s & 60s here which is pretty unusual for this time of year.  4 miles after work tonight.

QOTD:  Nope.

muppy

Ran 5 last night and was one of those runs that seems so easy and perfect, which I needed since I've been in a shitty funk  since last weekend when I had to put my dog down.

Tonight hope to get an hour or so on trails after work.

Good luck on the job hunt Jonferg67!

QOTD No St. patty day races for me.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

Seems like lots of rest-ups today in preparation for the weekend races or long runs. Way to go, trailers!

I'll go for a medium long run later, up a long, long mountain trail. It's the closest to mimicking the Hyner's long, steep ascents, which I dread, yet I do well on them. I'm actually looking forward to burning off some energy after yesterday's rest day.

Good luck to the racers this weekend!

QOTD: No. Doing a group trail run of the running club on new (flat!) trails instead.

Run for fun.

jonferg67

Endless trails

Sorry about your dog, Run Muppy. We had to do the same with

our Black Lab 13 years ago, I still tear up when I remember

taking him to the 'place'. It was fucking gut-wrenching.

Ultra Cowboy

RM my deepest condolences.  We have real close relationships with our pets.  I'm sure your dog treasured your timme together as well.

Rested yesterday after 2 days in a row of short runs following 2 weeks off.  had a lil soreness and tightness in my legs I  didn't expect.  I'll run tonight for 6 miles and get some hills in.

QOTD

Sunday I'll do a 12 mile trail training run and run a 3.17 mile St. Patty's day fundraiser run for the Parks and Rec.  I've even talked my wife and kids into being course monitors for the race Sunday....

WYBMADIITY

Save

USMCtq

Welcome to USMCtq. I was in the CG for 20 years, we always gave you

guys a ride. Are you now a former Marine, or still active?

QOTD: Anyone doing a St. Patricks Day race this year?

I am in the reserves with about 2 months left before I get out. Did some active time, and one overseas deployment. After I get out I'll go see how life overseas as a contractor is (pay off student loans and other shit).

Today is a 2 mile easy run with the wife and we have the Westchester Shamrock run tomorrow AM which is a 5k. As I mentioned yesterday it is my wife's first ever race. Although, disappointingly enough I noticed the "free beer" which was online is no longer there, wonder if their sponsor fell through... A St. Paddies run without beer doesn't seem right...

Runinaround

Morning trailers, ran 7.5 miles last night at MP and will take a rest day today, well maybe some weighs later.

QOTD: LA Marathon on Sunday

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Today is a "life just gets in the way" induced rest day.  It will more than likely spill over into the weekend too.  Oh well.  C'est la vie!

Good luck runinaround!

jon - didn't realize you have been out of work.  It hasn't been that way since you moved to MA has it? Good luck in your search.  I can remember back a few years when I became good at interviewing (or so I thought).

QOTD: nope

Have a great weekend!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday