Trailer Trash

Tofu Tuesday (Read 19 times)

LB2

I just did a quick little 2.25 mile loop of running/hiking. I need to up my activity in June and for the rest of the year; it has been a poor performance for the first 5 months of the year.

QOTD: May mileage?

LB2

XtremeTaper

Joked with my wife last night that I needed to go back to work to get some rest as I spent most of the weekend in the yard, weeding, mulching, planting, etc. I did have some time for a short runs and a round of golf but still lots of time in the yard, scooping, moving, and laying mulch.

Saturday, wandered some the more rustic trails at Birdsboro including a short section the mountain bikers have cut in the past few years that I've never been on. It's a connector that drops pretty much straight down a steep hill to the old rugged rail bed trail that runs along Hay Creek. I tried to make this connection 5 or 6 years ago and could not find a route that did not include bushwhacking. It was fine for running/hiking, a few spots with sideways planted feet, but I could see how it could be rough for a mountain biker.

Hot today... mid 90's they say. Maybe a few miles by the lake, or perhaps a beer by the pool.

QOTD: 132 + today's mile TBD.

Mountain Laurel in bloom along the single track

Baker does not seem concerned about the "good day sunshine" trail's rating.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Sandy-2

Today's my last day at work. "Finished with engines" after 43 years and 2 days.  (Although I'll work as a part time consultant on a few transitional things for a bit.)

Taking a SRD.

qotd: 344 miles for May.

tbd.

NorthernHarrier

Hard mountain biking last night after all the holiday weekend warriors had headed home. Had the place to myself which was nice. High winds today but it hasn't helped much with the mosquitoes. Did a 5 mile run on the nearby Nature Conservancy property and had a large birch crash down about 50 feet in front of me. Got home to see our power has been out since I left to go run. DW said she heard some loud crashes out on the property but won't let me go look until the wind subsides.  More firewood comin' up. I'll try for more mountain biking tonight.

QOTD-all my data is on the desktop and with no power... It was a real low month with 2 weeks allotted for going to Ontario. I'm gonna guess and say no more than 75.

Sandy--I'm guessing it has to be hard to say good-bye to some after such a long career there. Congrats.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

First complete rest day in 7 weeks, not even a brisk power walk.

qotd: 210.5 miles for May, most since August, 2019.  A couple of races helped pad the total.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Sandy congrats!  If you're like me the adjustment to being retired went smoothly 

Made it out Monday late, three very hard days.  79 miles total (9700' vert), almost 40 of those miles on snow! - ton of blowdown, creeks and rives were swollen- so lots of sketchy/scary fords, sketchy enough that several fords we had to instead go cross country until we hit the trail again.  Cold rain all (all!) day Monday- that adds to the fun factor!

qotd: 232 miles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

runtraildc

Good afternoon trailers. Chowder and I hiked a couple of miles along the Susquehanna earlier. I had an errand this morning and decided to make a trip of it. It was hot and muggy, but it was nice to explore a new park, albeit briefly.  We'll definitely have to get back, but maybe once the poison ivy dies back.

NH-- I hope you enjoy the Doyles-Jones loop.

Sandy-- Congratulations on retirement! Or semi-retirement. Are you sticking around in TX?

MT- and congratulations to you on your weekend. Nice pics!

qotd: about 90. Kinda sad effort, considering, but then I remember having a bad chest cold.

Ultra Cowboy

5 runs since the 19th  for 17 miles total. today is an SRD.

Next week gonna put some miles on JR.  My "New Ride"

May be an image of 3 people, people riding on horses, horse and outdoors

WYBMADIITY

Save

6 miles easy today.  Signed up for a trail HM on Saturday, up in Chico area.  Tailing along on my DH's business trip.

Rocky, nice looking fella!  Bigger than most fur-babies that we see around here.  

Warden, wow, great trip!  See any interesting critters?

XT, love how green it is there.

QOTD: 194, included a 100k race and lots of recovery time.  

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Call from nursing home early which derailed all running/walking plans.  

qotd:  125 walking and 51 running.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

LB2

Rocky II: That is a good looking horse.

LB2