Trailer Trash

Foggy Wednesdalies (Read 38 times)

ElfRunner25

Wannabe Ultrarunner

Did 14ish this morning, also in the fog, which was quite pretty in the woods. I think that I ran more than 14 and that my Garmin is cheating me on switchbacks when there's heavy cloud cover and tall trees, but maybe I'm just optimistically delusional because the run felt terrible in terms of legs/energy.

The scenery was nice and now I've paid my penance for staying out at a work dinner until 11 last night. Plus the trails were quiet because it's a weekday. My weird schedule has its advantages.

QOTD: Bought us The Stick for Christmas and it seems to be helping. I hate foam rolling but will use an old Nalgene 32oz bottle to roll out my right hamstring and IT band when my knee's bothering me (which is often) and I can muster the will to do it (which is rare).

Race schedule: a 50k. Sometime. This year. Maybe a 5k too. Maybe races in between as well. 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

5-ish miles in this evening (nice and breezy w/ gusts to 45 mph!!!!)

qotd: I have a foam roller that I use often on my calves, has definitely helped w/ my calve/achilles issues

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

NorthernHarrier

A rest day from the running thing but I did get up in the wee hours and started my new swimming plan. Started with 800 yards which really is nothing but it worked me over a little. Just have to get my stroke mechanics back down, just like riding a bike and I'll be able start getting some serious speed and distance back.  When I got back home I had a little time so a good weight session and elliptical in the cave. Was planning a short run yet tonight but it is real cold and I'm real tired.

Jonfer--what is this mud you speak of? Our ground has been frozen and under a foot of snow I think since maybe Sept.

QOTD--I have a foam roller. Used it for awhile and never coud see any benefit. Watched a number of short videos to make sure I was not being stupid but still nothing. IMO I think they are worthless. Don't much get it. 

Occasional Runner

I didn't run today because I had a long drive back to Utah and I really needed my sleep after the R2R2R yesterday. The legs are a little sore but I'll be ready to go tomorrow. It's nice to be home.

QOTD: I have a foam roller that I use when my IT bands get tight. It's good stuff!

NorthernHarrier

QOTD: I have a foam roller that I use when my IT bands get tight. It's good stuff!

I probably should have attached a disclaimer before totally dismissing them.

Other than my left IT band I have no muscle, tendon, soft tissue problems. No tightness or any other issues. So because so many people seem to swear by those things I figured i should have one. Don't really know what I was expecting or should have been expecting but I never felt the magic. Made no difference on my IT either.  I have kept my IT band a non-issue over the years by just doing a couple simple stretches as a preventative 2-3x per week.    So maybe I was just trying to fix something that wasn't broke.

Ultra Cowboy

On a full moon's eve I ran. The 37 degree night quickened my step as the stars gazed down upon me. Up, up, up, then down, turn around and up once more before descending back to the valley floor. The cold was forgotten as the steady pace gained tempo as I drew closer to my lair.

As the Guard hairs on my back laid back down and my canines retracted from the sprint induced snarl, I wiped the cold sweat from my brow in anticipation of reentering the warmth of my human abode.

My exercise warmed palate welcomed the cool malty goodness of a Newcastle brew. As I wiped the froth from my lips I glanced at the label to see the brand name of the Ale staring at me. WEREWOLF

5 miles of country road...

WYBMADIITY

Save