Trailer Trash

Day After Mom's Day (Read 20 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Pictures when you get it please!

8 miles yesterday in the rain yesterday. The bike trail was completely flooded in many spots, but I had a training group to meet.  Nothing today. I was helping proctor exams at the high school and I want a nap.

qotd: a springer. Yes, seriously, a dog.  I'm in contact with a OH breeder about a nearly 4 month old, so maybe in the next couple of weeks! If this one doesn't work out, hopefully we'll be dog owners by the end of the summer (and yes, DH is still living with me. and he was the one that decided on this 'monther's day present'  (much to the kiddos shock) .

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Pictures when you get it please!

+1  We need more dog photos around here!

Running is dumb.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Brief race summary and why I was absent all weekend: I nailed the race, 7:25:43 officially for 50K. I also more or less collapsed a couple minutes after I finished so I had another visit to the ER. Basic issues were dehydration, though I thought I'd been drinking enough, and exhaustion. I literally ran myself into the ground. There were some anomalies with my blood work and since I'd ended up in the same ER last year, even the same doctor who remembered me, they kept me for a couple days to be sure everything was returning to normal. So I just got home this afternoon and I'm playing catch up. I didn't have phone or Nook with me so I had no way to keep in tough with anyone. I'll I had were the clothes I was wearing and some dry shirts etc in my gym bag to change into.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

runtraildc

I know!!  I will be trying to contribute my share.  Fingers crossed this ohio pup works out. He's a stunning tri roan (liver, with light brown eyebrows and cheeks, and white. And for the springer lovers, a mix of field and bench.

+1  We need more dog photos around here!

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

way to go George! (well except that ER thing )

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Brief race summary and why I was absent all weekend: I nailed the race, 7:25:43 officially for 50K. I also more or less collapsed a couple minutes after I finished so I had another visit to the ER. Basic issues were dehydration, though I thought I'd been drinking enough, and exhaustion. I literally ran myself into the ground. There were some anomalies with my blood work and since I'd ended up in the same ER last year, even the same doctor who remembered me, they kept me for a couple days to be sure everything was returning to normal. So I just got home this afternoon and I'm playing catch up. I didn't have phone or Nook with me so I had no way to keep in tough with anyone. I'll I had were the clothes I was wearing and some dry shirts etc in my gym bag to change into.

George!!!  That's really scary.  I'm glad you're okay!  Congrats on the awesome 50K...just no more collapsing, please!

Running is dumb.

AT-runner

Tim

We were following you. I even tuned in just as you finished and saw the Live Feed.

Didn't see ant FB updates, so now the ER / Hospital visit explains that.

Congratulations on a you goal.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

way to go George! (well except that ER thing )

My thoughts exactly.  

Runtrail, yay for a new pup!

Warden, beautiful pics.

Dr J, a new jeep would be fun.

DHuff, wow you're doing great with your retirement planning.

AT, the Irish vacation house is in Kinvara, Co. Galway.  Dad still goes over a few times a year.  The rest of us try to get there when we can.  A beautiful spot.  Ran the Connamara marathon one year.

QOTD: no big purchases in mind, just trying to pay off debt.  And sneak in some race registrations.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Queen of Nothing

Sue

TI loved reading the mother’s day stories.  We ran 35 miles today.  It’s trail along, well for the most part above a river.  We ran to the little town of Washington were 3 runners got a ride home, as plan.  The thing is the trail goes 16 and then 2 miles on dirt road to town.  Wow dies a dirty road really mentally FYU.  so in town, 2 campgrounds, a bar and a store, we drank a coke, ate ice cold watermelon and got a ride back to the trailhead and had a great run back.  If we had to run that dirt road I think mentally by the time we hit trailhead I would have been in a FTS mode.

QOTD:  perfect timing. Thinking of going to REI tomorrow (in the city hid help me) fir a dog pack for  Earl, a small lightweight tent for me, and maybe a lightweight camp chair.

Duffman:  I run with two dogs both weigh 90 pounds.  I use those extendo leashes.  It gives them time to sniff while I run...usually.  Now mostly Jack is off leash.  As for booties....some dogs just refuse to run in them.  It’s pretty funny to watch though.

George: Wow!  Your time is so impressive especially  in light of  what was going on with your body. You are an awesome Athletic.  Glad you are ok.

NH:  your place always sounds so wonderful.... now let’s talk about this $1,200 dog.  Jack cost me $15.00 from the pound and he is my 2nd favorite of the 4 dogs I have own.

runtrail: so happy you are finally getting your dog....hubby really stepped up.

Jamie:  time to lace up those shoes and run!

daydreamer:  such nice things you say about your wife

warden:  did you freeze you ass off in the poncho with a hiking pole thing you call a tent?

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄