Trailer Trash

Sandy can finally sleep Wednesdaily. (Read 21 times)

Queen of Nothing

Sue

That's my evening snack...

I thought you'd say Grapes - as in all crushed up, fermented and put in a bottle. 

I do like apples and cheese. South Central PA is Apple Country and they are starting to ripen now.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Sandy-2

After staying up til 4am last night, I worked from home today and so I slept in til 10am.  It was really nice.  After work I did 5 mi.  Hotter than hell.

qotd:  I try not to snack, but if I’m really hungry I’ll eat a granola bar (Nature Valley, Oats n Honey).

Mongol Derby Stuff:

Devan borrowed a satphone and called us after she was finished, it was about 4am I guess.  There is no cell service where they are. She sounded great and was very happy.

AT – Thanks for posting the pic, that one says it all.  And yes, we will finally get some sleep tonight. Last night we were nervous wrecks as she was trying to hold her placement without getting that last penalty, she did it though. There was a delay at the finish line vet check and we were going crazy at 3am this morning.  But in the end she passed and she finished in 3rd.

Dr J – Thanks, she was on thin ice there.

SIAR – It’s a pretty epic thing. 3rd is great, thanks.  Fortunately she is able to bundle a few sponsors to help with some of the entry fee.  (And her parents helped with the airfare.)

mt – yeah it’s a pretty good double, a 100 miler on foot and a 1,000 kilometer on horseback.

dhuffman – Thanks, not sure you know but she also did it in 2013.  She crossed the finish line first but got a 2 hr penalty (her only one that year) and during that time a rider came in, so officially she got 2nd that year. The reason, the horse she had for the last segment was sick and didn’t recover so well.

XT – Thanks. Yes, she is amazing, but I suspect that I’ll never stop worrying.

Bert-o – Yes we need the rest and a little less excitement for a few days.  Thanks.

tbd.