Trailer Trash

Last day of Spring Mondaily (Read 14 times)

Off of work today, and doing the weekend chores that didn't get done earlier.  Also organizing and planning for the aid station at Western States next weekend.

Running rest day.  Will probably go for a walk later.  Might end up at the pub for the Giant's game.

Fatozzig, the African Grey parrots are 18 and 30, and the macaw is 22.  Ick on spending the day in a moldy, mildewy house.

QOTD: Tomorrow is the summer solstice, the midway point of the year, the first day of summer, and 3.5 weeks before Sandy does Hardrock 100.  Anyone else have big goals for the summer?

Not me, I need some inspiration.  

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Sandy-2

SRD for me too!!  

Gatsby - sounds like WS is going to be wide open this year. You’ll have a ring-side seat. If I remember correctly your AS is in the 2nd half, right?

qotd: ha, HR is the big goal for sure!!!

tbd.

XtremeTaper

Back to the "normal" routine after a week of company and family get togethers. Seems we did not completely escape the virus as my BIL's brother reported symptoms Friday and a positive test on Saturday. We saw him previous weekend and dinner on Thursday night. So I guess the clock is ticking for us but my BIL tested immediately and was clean and he had the closest contact. So I laid low yesterday and other than running Baker stuck around the house doing yardwork and watching the US Open. I did a self test today and was clean but it was an old kit and may have been expired. Don't have any symptoms other than allergy like stuff and paranoia. 

Usual dog walk this morning but cool for June. Had to break out the hoodie. Should be good conditions for a run after work with Baker. The typical 5 mile loop at the lake is the plan. Weekend I did a pair of 6 milers (different loops) at the Birdsboro Watershed in amazing cool breezy June weather.

QOTD: Sort of miss not racing this time of year... May and June in the past were my big goal races like MMT, Laurel Highlands, Mohican. But no running goals here except keep plodding down the trail with my dog. Maybe I should work on my golf game. Haha.

Runtrail - Congrats on the marathon! I remember those days.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

NorthernHarrier

The weather here has changed in a big way. Went from beautiful cooler weather thru most of June to a record setting hotness. We are at 94F  right now and it might still creep up. Did some weights earlier and DW and I will going biking this evening. More heat tomorrow but I will try a 4 mile or so run at some point.

QOTD-hmmm-on the running front not much these days. An epic run planned for when we get to Virginia but that's been pushed back a few weeks. Mt. biking, hoping for no bad crashes as I tend to get going a little fast on these trails at times.May be overdriving my reaction abilities. Otherwise at the end of July there will be a 5 day backpack trip followed up by 5 days of bagging more 14's.

You'll get no inspiration from me young lady! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

5 miles with DW today- went over the 1000 mile mark, always a good omen.  Heading home tomorrow, we fly out tomorrow. My oldest DD has been watching Tiny Elvis, I’m sure he’ll be glad to see us. I think the plan is to grab the grandkids too for a couple of weeks. 

qotd: three weeks out and I’ll give the Sierra High Route a go- should be a great trip; still a lot of planning and route research to do- the largest share of the 190-ish miles is off trail. We also have to square away a mid-trip food resupply.

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √