Trailer Trash

Bob Marshall Wilderness Open 2019 TR (Read 18 times)

LB2

That water reminds me of a story my daughter told me after she first moved to Colorado. They were hiking, and the guy she followed out there (not followed as in boyfriend, followed as in literally followed his vehicle with her vehicle), who was/is a total dumbass, tried to cross a rushing stream. I had spoken to "Magellan" prior to the trip about the route. I stopped listening to him when he mispronounced Amarillo and made sure I went over the route with her in case he ended up in Santa Fe. Anyway, she told him not to cross there because the water was too deep and too swift with snow melt. He didn't listen and got swept downstream. My daughter and the others crossed at a reasonable spot and went down and dragged his ass out from under a log in the water, scraped, scratched, and choking on water. He is lucky he didn't drown. I always tried to instill in her to be aware of her surroundings, especially in the outdoors and around water. I am glad she picked that up, especially since she moved out there. Mother Nature is unforgiving most of the time.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

spooky stuff- fast water; glad your daughter avoided following him!

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Daydreamer1

Sounds like a nice adventure.  For some reason the water crossings always intrigue me. I guess it's because I know so little about them and how to dry off afterwards.

Liked the pile of bear poop.  Did any of the other dogs in the picture get to go along?

Will the regrowth in the burnt out areas draw in the deer and elk?

moonlightrunner

What an adventure! Congratulations! The pictures are beauriful.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

thanks folks!

DD- the gentleman holding onto the two dogs (not sure of breed, but they look serious Smile) took them; not sure how far they made it, but eventually bailed

my wife is not overly happy with anyone bringing a dog on this event, just too many hazards and would be very easy to lose a dog (or drown a dog), I think I agree

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √