Trailer Trash

Chilly Fridaily (Read 18 times)

Sandy-2

It was a wonderful 35 deg down here in east Texas this morning.  I did one of my quick early morning "instant runs" and felt great.  Although the drivers were out to get me today, I had 3 that I had to watch closely and also stop for.  Crazy at that time since the streets are pretty deserted.  Then driving to work I was almost clobbered by a guy popping out of a side street.

Be careful out there.

qotd: Any leftover Halloween candy? What do you do with it?

We had about half left, I'll put it out in the coffee room at work later and the vultures will polish it off in no time.

tbd.

AT-runner

Tim

Flooding Friday here.  Rained off and on all day and then huge thunderstorm rolled in around 6:30.  2" of rain in 30 minutes and 3.25" total from  the late storm.  Gettysburg had a lot of flooding, luckily we are high and dry.  They had the foresight to postpone Trick or Treat until Saturday night, so no kids out there in the storm.

Lunch time run today on the roads.

QOTD:  No, we have to make it last until Saturday.  I'm not a huge chocolate eater, but DW is. Now if they gave out cookies for Halloween, I'd eat all those leftovers.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

dhuffman63

Trails

So so tired last night so just relaxed.  We'll see how I feel tonight but I'm not hopeful.  My allergies are going nuts still.

It was 28 again this morning but supposed to warm up to 55 this afternoon...sunny but with a 10 mph wind.  Waiting for closer to race day on the 9th to decide what exactly to wear beyond fleece tights and a jacket.  Since it starts at 6 am I know it'll be cold.

qotd: where we live we get no trick or treaters but I did buy a bag of Mounds and I take some with me for "fuel" at the races. I like to eat real stuff saving the gels for just in case.  I typically like a small bit of something sweet after lunch.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

As AT said, lots of rain yesterday.  So much that our radon mitigation system was pulling up water from the ground.  Thankfully none into the basement - just an annoying gurgling sound in the pipe.  I did end up at the gym last night and got in 5 on the dreadmill.  Now it's cold today but really it's more normal than yesterday's 70's.

QOTD: Our Halloween got postponed to Saturday because of the storms rolling through.

Have a great weekend!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

runtraildc

Our storms hit about 8:30 last night, but a lot of trick or treaters stayed in, it seemed. The weather guys scared everyone with a tornado watch.  After a 4:20 am wakeup (swim practice), I've been off all day and thus I'm doing pretty well at keeping this no running streak going. However, I have committed to strength work or HIIT work everyday for November, so I'll get on the rower tonight for a short workout. Run with the group tomorrow.

qotd: I encouraged the kids to take a lot of candy, so not much left. except tootsie rolls, which I like. However, DS seems to be doing more than his share, but since he swims more miles than I'm currently running in a week, it's well earned.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Storms hit about 11:00 PM last night and power went out about 11:45 PM.  Guessing it was out about 4 hours because it was back on when I woke about 4:45 AM before turning over to go back to sleep.

Easy 7.2 miles to start off the month

qotd: I've been at my current address for 12 years and have yet to get a trick or treater here.  I still make sure I have candy on hand just in case, but I always end up eating all of it myself.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Rest day today, just relaxing after work. Since I did not bike to work today because of high winds (40 mph in the morning), I am too tired to make it outside.

QOTD: Our Trick-or-Treat night has been postponed to Saturday as well, so no leftovers yet. Candy in the stores is still on sale, so I got two bags and call it the leftover.

Run for fun.