Trailer Trash

See, here's your Saturdaily (Read 28 times)

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Everyone out racing, pacing, or recovering?

No run today yet, I'm just tired from yesterday's work day. I guess that's called endurance training.

Planning on a run later, the cold front is moving through, and that makes for some awesome running weather. I just hope the snakes are not out, I'm not in the mood for close encounters of this kind today.

QOTD: Any epic fails lately that you'd like to share?

Me: I managed to bellyflop into the only mud puddle on that loop. I tripped over a treelimb right before the puddle, stepped into the slickest mud I've ever encountered, and - kersplash!

I was covered in mud all over, including my face. At 42 degrees - freezing cold at this time of year. Fortunately it happened at 5 a.m. in the morning, so at least I didn't have to endure any embarrassing encounters with walkers!

Have a great day, everyone!

Run for fun.

Daydreamer1

Put me in the recovering category. Unfortunately it's not from running, racing or biking, but from work. Got off a 24 hour shift this morning and since I hadn't gotten much nap time over night I came home and went to bed for several hours. Now it's out to mow the lawn do some weed whacking and then hopefully a run, maybe up to 12-13 miles on the road. No time to get up onto the mountain.

FTYC: Are you doing the last of the Tussey Teaser races tomorrow? I would have loved to come up for that but I'm working. That's been the story all year for that series and me.

QOTD: Nothing too major recently. Unless I count the fall I had several days ago on the bike. DW and I were biking together. I slowed way down on a steep hill to wait for her. I tried to down shift but the chain started slipping. AS the bike started going over I tried to unclip but the cleats locked up in pedals and over I went in the middle of the road. Nothing hurt and other then DW no one was there to see it.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Yes, I'm planning on running the Eager Seeger HM tomorrow. It should be fun. I'll have to take it easy, though. I caught a cold these days, and the cough is really bad. I don't want it to turn into a pneumonia again!

Run for fun.

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

16.8 this morning:

0.7 with Weston the dog.

13 with two friends on Baldpate mountain. Explored some new trails, climbed lots of hills, bombed down some as well. Could not find calf sleeves before I left, so got scratched by every lttle thorn along the way.

3.1 more solo.  Found a nice little trail with mowed paths through fields of wildflowers, and easy dirt trails next to the stream. Just the thing after shredding my legs.

QOTD:  Besides the stupid not-paying-attention-and-tripping-over-the-only-root-in-100-yards type of falls, nothing recent.  Last spring though my shoelace came untied, and I was going to stop and fix it... soon... honest I was.  Of course I stepped on it right as I was going between two trees and smashed my forearm into one of them as I fell. Nothing broken, and I completed the run, but it took a few months for the scar to fade.

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Afternoon Trailers!  Had an amazing run today; as we were meeting at Albertsons, the HURL group was also meeting to head into the Elkhorns, we decided to join them instead of hitting the Big Belts.  It turned out to be a good move as we got into quite a bit of snow in the Elkhorns and we were headed even higher in the Big Belts- I think we would have bucked a lot of snow.  21 miles and just shy of 5000' of elevation made for a tough run, we had a lot of snow loaded trees down on the trail which made the going tough- also a fair bit of snow that made it a little tougher too.

A few pics:

the gang (minus me taking the photo Smile)

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Brian Runner

23 miles on the trails today. First 11 with a friend, the rest of the day solo.

moonlightrunner

Had a nice run this afternoon at the state park. It was beautiful. I don't know how far it was...but I think I ran an hour and a half or so. It was a beautiful day. The kind of day that makes me appreciate how good it feels to be able to run and enjoy it.

Qotd: I trip and fall a lot. Most are minor...but my left knee is almost always bruised or scraped. The face plants ate the worst...resulting in nosebleeds or facial scars and bruising. I always run alone...so there are no witnesses.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k