Trailer Trash

The Thursday!! (Read 15 times)

LB2

Pretty nice run/hike this morning, 3 miles in 32:45. I was more pleased with my post-run resistance routine. My push-ups have broken through a plateau as I have been focused on this routine for the last month. I will start to do 4 sets of 20 instead of 4 sets of 10 next month. When I first started, it was a push to finish the 4 sets of 10. Today, I blew through that like it was nothing and did one set of 20 in the middle. I probably could have churned out another 15 on that set. That isn't much of an accomplishment, but I feel good about it.

QOTD: What is trip you have taken that turned out to be far more fun/exciting than you thought it was going to be?

Hands down, our turkey hunt in Florida in 2021 was beyond anything I could have hoped for when I started planning the trip. I just didn't think I would enjoy the terrain there as much as I did. The place was gorgeous. We saw/heard turkeys every single day. And we eventually ended up killing one, but we both had opportunities. I passed. I would have missed anyway because my shotgun scope was off, which I found out after I got home and missed one. Anyway, we had a blast despite the heat and ticks.

LB2

XtremeTaper

3 miles last night out at the lake. Took Baker along and he was back to running last night. I was just expecting a walk but he seems to like the spin cycle loop in the cedars so we went to that section and he took off and was running like his old self. Hope it continues. We just did a short loop there and an out/back on the bridge/path over the lake.

Run later after work. Probably 5 or so. Think we will go out to Warwick Park and do the french creek crossing.

Off tomorrow so my weekend starts tonight.

QOTD: Hmm. Belize was pretty fun. We stayed on Ambergris Key, an ok place but right on the beach. We were outside the town, only access was by boat or golf cart. There was a hard packed sand path that paralleled the shore. You could walk to different properties, low key places for dinner, lunch, breakfast. I'd run there every morning too.. I did 8 or 9 miles one morning out/back heading north. Not sure how far that path went.. maybe all the way to Mexico? We could kayak out to the reef and took some day trips to the mainland with a local dude. Did some cave tubing, explored aztec ruins, kayaked down a tropical river. There was a cool town there with hippy expats.  The dude who toured us around lived there. Strangely enough there was big group of Amish in the western part of the country. That was an interesting trip.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

6 miles (1600’ )with DW and Tiny Elvis early

qotd: surprisingly going to have to say the Bob Marshall Wilderness Open- as much suck as there is (and there’s plenty), at the end of the day (days) it always seems well worth the suffering 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

2 miles hike with Jack then 5 mile run.  Was not a run day but tomorrow morning we are closing on Mom's house so won't be running.  

qotd:  Lot's of fun trips but not surprising that it was...the first thought I had was a trip to Puerta Vallarta.  I've been there at least 20 times because the folks wintered there.  But one trip it was just me and my parents.  They actually rented a crappy apartment that year, no guess bedroom, no beach view, and across the street from a outdoors gay bar, think pounding all night (music that is ).  So nothing special to point out but I just remembering thinking that was one of our best trips there.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

LB2

qotd:  Lot's of fun trips but not surprising that it was...the first thought I had was a trip to Puerta Vallarta.  I've been there at least 20 times because the folks wintered there.  But one trip it was just me and my parents.  They actually rented a crappy apartment that year, no guess bedroom, no beach view, and across the street from a outdoors gay bar, think pounding all night (music that is ).  So nothing special to point out but I just remembering thinking that was one of our best trips there.

LOL!!!

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Still thinking of Karsesne ....it may be a good thing that he tells his story everywhere....keep people out of the woods.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

7 miles after work.  Didn't want to go but I'm glad that I did, as is always the case.

Queen, I'm hoping that there will be fewer people in the headlands after this Karno escapade.  But, people are stupid.  There will probably be even more, looking for coyote selfies.

QOTD: Not exactly a trip, but the Santa Rosa Marathon is always more fun than one would expect from a visit to Santa Rosa.  There's always a beer festival in Courthouse Square, where the marathon finishes, and it makes for a really nice afternoon lounging around sampling beer after running.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

4.5 miles today

qotd:  I expect my vacations to be fun and exciting, so it would be hard for one to be more than I expected.  Perhaps my Alaska trip would be the most fun and exciting as there were several unexpected twists on a few of the hikes, including losing our guide in Denali NP when he went back to check on stragglers and the group ended up bushwacking our way back to the van when he didn't return in a reasonable time.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                        05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.