Trailer Trash

Queen's Tuesday Birthdaily (Read 22 times)

XtremeTaper

So far today, 3 miles of running. I will probably get a few more tonight. Baker was antsy before lunch and wanted to play and since he is not invisible fence trained yet the best fix is to get him out for a run. So 2 miles with him around the block. He runs pretty well on leash, expect we were going 9-10 minute pace so not too fast. The Lady and him had their walk this morning and we did a mile jog there during our 2 mile walk.

QOTD: For local stuff, I know most all the trails so no real need for any tools now. For new stuff I will check for parks and trails on the internet, use google maps, etc. Google maps is very helpful to search out nearby green spaces where there may be trails or dirt. I've use AllTrails before too. I have the app on my phone and we used it up in the Delaware Water Gap. It tracked us pretty well on a "closed/unmaintained" trail.

Berto - Hey there! Man that is a lot of stuff going on. Keeping you in my thoughts. Keep hanging in there.

Queenie - They say it's your birthday. Well good birthday to you. They say it's your birthday. I hope you have a good time.. da-da-da. etc.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Sandy-2

Bert-o:  very cool that you are able to drop a line!!!  Man that really sucks about the fistula (whatever the f*ck that is).  And really sorry about the pain. I just hope that you can figure out some way to get that weed into you.  I know it really helped our friend Heather when she was going through chemo and radiation treatments over the past year. She's currently taking a break from it all (BTW, she was the one out in California during my DD latest horse ride).  I love your positive attitude and all I can say is to keep hanging in there friend.  I've mentioned running with you in NYC and now your current battle to my DW and DD we're all thinking about you and sending positive vibes. Keep fighting.

runtrail:  thanks for the info!!! I'll probably drive to Turkey Run Park and run along the PHT to the NW and SE to get in about a 20 mi loop round trip.  I was wondering if there was a similar trail near the Algonkian Regional Park but it looks like parts of the trail is in the "planning stage" around there.  In a pinch I'll do the Wash-OD hike/bike but the PHT is a much better choice.  By the way all this would be on the morning of Oct 8th.

tbd.

Gator eye

Bert- it sounds like your winning! Keep at it

Thanks for all the support last weekend. I have more to say about last weekend but I”ll do that alittle later once the excitement wear off.

Yeah Queenie’s B-day!! A cause for a celebration!!

I vow to drink a few beers tonight to celebrate this joyous event.

QOtD: not to many real trails by me

Queen of Nothing

Sue

No run today...thanks for all the Hapoy Birthday wishes...and the singing XT.  Enjoy the birthday beers tonight gator eye...had a shot of Criwn myself at noon.   Jamie..39, no I have no problem being 57  (you mother’s age) never got lying about your age.  I am 4 days older than my DH so the running joke is I am actually the QUeen for the day for 4 days. 

Berto:  Hoping for the best outcomes....burnt jokes..WTF and no tumor now  was it ever there?? Sorry just thoughts hopefully you will done and healthy soon.  Hope you enjoy your weed  it was never my thing.

Qotd:  I love maps..thinking of getting Gia

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

7.1 easy; it's back in the 80s again

One more birthday wish for you, Sue, Queen for a Day (or 4 days as the case may be)

Bert-o - sounds like basically good news and it's great to hear from you directly instead of second hand.

qotd: I like maps, always have. Always have a paper map when I hike, even on very well marked, highly traveled trails.  Google maps for driving instructions.

ETA: I find ancient maps interesting. I also wonder if my nephew inherited the old globe and atlas that my parents had when I was a kid. That was back when places like the Belgian Congo still existed. Definitely a piece of history.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K, 9:11:09
                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Bert-o, I'm always glad to see a post from you.  I hope they have knocked out the cancer and can patch up those holes.  If anyone deserves some weed, it's you.  You take care.

Queen, happy birthday!  For you, I shall also have a beer or two.

Gator, enjoyed seeing you over the weekend.  The second time I saw you, it helped get me out of my funk, so thanks for hollering at me.

Moonlight, thanks for coming out to Woodstock on Saturday and saying hello.

AT, I see that I missed your birthday and anniversary... belated greetings!

Warden, like AT said, I figured you'd find trails by sniffing the wind or listening to the trees or something... 

I got home from Detroit at 1 am last night and am taking it easy today.  Did laundry, and i just posted a rather long RR (but then, it was a rather long race  Wink.  The short version: finished in 29:49:38 (under the 30 hour cutoff!).  Thank you all for following along and cheering on me and Gator.

QOTD: I run in a lot of county parks and look up their trail maps online, usually take a screen shot so I have it on my phone.  If I'm running in an area where there are local races, I might use one of their course maps and follow their race route.  I've used AllTrails and Google maps too.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR