Trailer Trash

THE Weekender (Read 15 times)

Sandy-2

One of the few weekends where the weather around here is great.  LB2 hope you have the same over there.

While DD was out on her 2nd loop (mile 20 to 40) I snuck in really nice 10 miles on the trails they weren’t using. Had to get back before she did so I could crew, fortunately it all worked out fine.  Some photos:

Update!!  She finished the 75 mi in a 3-way tie for first. They rode together all day, so it was fitting.

The horse trails they did on their first loop that I then ran on while they were elsewhere on their second loop.

Trotting out Mow Mow at the vet check mile 40.

Among the green, we even have a little fall color.

tbd.

Sandy, you've had quite a weekend already and it's only Saturday!  WTG on DD's 3-way tie for 1st!

Fatozzig, is the FA today or tomorrow?  Hope all is well!

I went back to San Jacinto wilderness today, 7.1 miles up a different trail, looking across at where I was yesterday.  I think the fire lookout is at the top of the peak on the right.

The view out the front:

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

runtraildc

Hi all. Didn't run yesterday, but did my aid station duties at Stone Mill 50. Slightly smaller crowd than in previous years, but it was a perfect day-- low 40s/50s. Overcast skies. Wind did move in for the afternoon, but can you really ask for PERFECT?  Cold today, but still a good morning for a run. I'll get in 4 or 5 at some point.

Remembered I met Bert in person (and also saw Jamie) 4 years ago at Stone Mill. Gosh, that seems an eternity ago.

qotd: See above, plus we went to a friends bonfire/birthday last night. Nice day.

LB2

Saturday morning found me sitting on the sandbar at the river with my dad. He was participating in the primitive weapons hunt. I like the place because I see a lot of deer, and it looks more like Alaska than Louisiana if you can imagine such a thing. It felt like Alaska Saturday morning. I made a hike back to the house around 9:30, checking some spots along the way. When I got back to the house, I heard him shoot. He had lost his phone, so I got in the truck and drove around to help him. He got a 6 point. This morning, I just ran 3 miles around the house. I didn't get a primitive weapon license this year, and I only have 1 tag left. I'll wait for something bigger when the rut kicks in. But it has been a great season so far.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Sandy congrats to your DD! Smile

Gatsby- nice pics (yesterday and today!)

Decided to chase mule deer yesterday instead of elk.  Not a good day to be out, winds were a steady 30-ish mph w/ gusts to 50 mph   I found three different groups of does/fawns hiding in some really rough (but out fo the wind spots) and sat on each group thinking there was a better than good chance a buck was nearby (our rut is in full swing), but alas, never saw a buck.  I did rack up close to 3000' of climbing in 9-ish miles.

Going to get Tiny E out today for a few miles, maybe strength train this evening.

2024 goal 2024 miles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √