Trailer Trash

Echo Wednsday (Read 18 times)

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

AT, Bert-o - lots of 48 hour races around and also an odd one in WV in March called Conquer the Wall that has 35 and 47 hour events.  Let me know when and preferred area and I can point you to some.  I think you both already know about ARFTA since Bert-o is entered.

5.2 miles steady state run, not quite a tempo run but I got into a great rhythm and kept going.

qotd:  Not in touch with any groups that do volunteer trail maintenance.  I should check out the closer state parks to see if they have any trail maintenance days.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Sandy-2

Queen, today was Wednesday.

URD today.  Another rough night with less than optimal sleep, so I slept in and skipped my run.  Then I couldn’t run after work today.  Calling it a taper day.

Packed my “drop bag” stuff for the run, just having a spot at the S/F of the loops so it’s easy.  Only think left is to get my running stuff together tomorrow and I’ll be set.

qotd:  if it’s “one thing” than that would be ice.

(Not sure what question wc answered, but I need to do the same.)

tbd.

Hi folks.  Returned from Peru late last hight.  Did a marathon in Lima on Sunday.  A neat way to tour the city!  Pavement, generally flat, hot-ish and humid as expected, but there was a decent amount of shade and cool ocean breezes for at least a few miles along the bluffs above the ocean.  Good amount of people along the course cheering and holding signs, which I could mostly understand with my rudimentary Spanish.  7th continent is done!

Wasn't able to post on RA from my phone but was reading along...

Signed up for the Loco 100k on June 1st, will see ValerieNV there.

Bert-o, always happy to see you check in.

Warden, yikes on swimming in the icy cold river.  But yay (?) on the shorter route.  Hope all goes well this weekend.

Queen, if you're up running at 6 am, what do you do with the rest of your day?!  (Asking enviously)

Sandy, DHuff, have fun this weekend!

QOTD: I'm not a fan of pickles but since people swear by them (and pickle juice), I'm adding them to the menu at ALT for Western States this year.  Popsicles were a big hit at Miwok 100k this year so I'm debating adding them too.  Haven't considered perogies, but I'm also not even sure where one would get them around here.  Cold coke and ice are my go-to when it's hot.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

LB2

I ran a short loop on Wednesday morning. It was nothing special beyond being able to get out and run. It has been a super busy month. I hope I can get back on track with running in June.

QOTD: I think ice is essential. Most of the time your fluids are not super cold, and even if they are, it is much quicker to cool down with ice on your skin than in your belly.

LB2