Trail Monster

Guess I need to find a 50 miler to run.  Big grin

Baker!

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

mecrowe

Computer Geek

Baker!

I looked at it and it looks great but I already have an event scheduled that day.  plus, I don't know if I'll be ready for a 50 miler in August.  I think I'm going to look for one around Thanksgiving.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I looked at it and it looks great but I already have an event scheduled that day.  plus, I don't know if I'll be ready for a 50 miler in August.  I think I'm going to look for one around Thanksgiving.

Stone Mill 50.  It's in Maryland on the same day as JFK (November 16th this year).  Might be a bit of a drive for you but it's a nice low key race.

http://stone-mill-50-mile.org/

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

From the sixth place finisher's RR - "This was definitely the hardest race that I have done so far.  My hardest race before this one was the Leadville 100.  Similar opinions came from other competitors.  Garry Harrington said that this was tougher than the Hardrock 100."

mecrowe

Computer Geek

Stone Mill 50.  It's in Maryland on the same day as JFK (November 16th this year).  Might be a bit of a drive for you but it's a nice low key race.

http://stone-mill-50-mile.org/

That looks like a solid option.   G-burg is only about a 3 hour drive for me.

have you run the race?   mostly trails?

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

That looks like a solid option.   G-burg is only about a 3 hour drive for me.

have you run the race?   mostly trails?

90% single track - runnable no hills.  2 miles of road and 3 miles of the C & Canal.  I ran two years ago (hopefully will be there this year) and FTYC ran it last year.  Reg opens around Aug 1st (sometimes the day before).

I need to stop reading about these crazy events. I must have some type of sick need to see just how far I can push myself...adding this one to my wish list, as well!

Brian Runner

I must have some type of sick need to see just how far I can push myself..

People used to cross mountains to begin new lives in the blank spaces on the map. I think now some of us do it to feel alive. Better to feel pain than nothing at all, and there is a sense of accomplishment when you are done. In a world where many of us are blessed with far too much comfort its not wonder distance running and other extreme sports are growing more popular. One part of society grows lazier, another finds out how far their fitness can take them. The first group is the sick group.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I need to stop reading about these crazy events. I must have some type of sick need to see just how far I can push myself...adding this one to my wish list, as well!

Tania,

Hyner in April, Manitou's Revenge in June and ES 100 in August.  Sounds like a natural progression....(at least that is what I am telling myself).

Tania,

Hyner in April, Manitou's Revenge in June and ES 100 in August.  Sounds like a natural progression....(at least that is what I am telling myself).

Sadly this seems completely logical to me.

People used to cross mountains to begin new lives in the blank spaces on the map. I think now some of us do it to feel alive. Better to feel pain than nothing at all, and there is a sense of accomplishment when you are done. In a world where many of us are blessed with far too much comfort its not wonder distance running and other extreme sports are growing more popular. One part of society grows lazier, another finds out how far their fitness can take them. The first group is the sick group.

I think you nailed it.  Yes, the feeling alive part is a huge part of it for me.  I don't want to waste my precious time on this earth without truly living.