Trailer Trash

Wednesdaily (Read 22 times)

AT-runner

Tim

At lunch, I'll stop by home to check on the progress of our roofers, and then a road run and back to work. We're re-roofing the entire compound with a metal roof system. Oldest section was 115 year old slate and what they took down so far was so brittle I'm surprised we only had 2 small leaks.  rest of roofs were mix of shingles.

BIL is finally getting out of the hospital today. Had surgery for blood clots and then some complications and now looks like he has gout (which can cause blood clots).  He's not the typical gout patient, so took a while to diagnose.

Funny, and somewhat true cartoon today in the paper

QOTD:  Do you read the cartoon section of the paper, or online?  I have my favorites that I like to read (I read the local paper online). Dilbert is one, Doonesbury was always good, and Peanuts.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Sandy-2

There's King Cake in the break room !!

Did 3 nice and easy this morning. A pleasant run.

qotd: I typically look at the USA Today (mostly political) cartoons. There's a pretty good one with Vlad talking to Don on the phone today.

tbd.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

4 chilly miles with Tiny E yesterday evening- not crazy cold (20), but really high humidity which made it feel cold

will get out after work for a few miles

qotd: I don’t, but don’t read much for papers either (paper or online); local tv news in the morning and an hour of PBS national news in the evening

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

XtremeTaper

The plan was to run at lunch but alas I am stuck waiting for some work phone calls so it looks like an end of work day run for me today. I was hoping for a midday run today as having an outdoor break for an hour improves my outlook on life and the world in general. Oh well.

Last night was about 5 miles, sort of an impromptu trail selection, as the road out to Green Lane Lake was closed, I guess due to an accident, and alternative routes did not look to promising on gmaps. So I ended up at Deep Creek Lake/Perkiomen trailhead. I did not feel like a flat rail trail run so we wondered the twisty woodsy orange trail and a short section of the Perk trail then repeated a part of the orange trail loop to get in about an hour of slow putzy running. A few people out and about as sunset fell.

I haven't been on this trail in quite some time. Typically I only run this section of trail while doing my long (15+ mile loop) around Green Lane lake. I often did a double loop here (2 big loops, about 50k) as a last long run before 100's and I ran one time out there with Angus and lost him on the orange loop. It was really hot during the second loop and he got ahead of me and I figured he was sick of running and wanted to get done, but when I finished up that day he was nowhere to be found. He got lost in the orange loop. It does sort of twist around on itself with some unmarked trails. I think he kept running around in circles. Must of sucked because it was hot that day, almost 90. Happy days!

QOTD: Yes, I get the local paper and read the comics. Really only like a few, like Dilbert, but read the others anyway. Sort of stupid now that I think of it but something to do over breakfast or lunch I suppose.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

My partner text asking if we were crazy...it was windy and dumping.  So we bailed.  Have running stuff to run at lunch...we shall see.  Did walk my dogs this morning so really doesn't make sense that I didn't run since I was out there anyways.  It was actually not that bad.

QOTD:  No, we get the paper at work and I use to read Dilbert.  It use to be so spot on for what happens at work, but now I rarely understand the joke.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

NorthernHarrier

Well we're slow at work so mgt. sent everyone home. Life as a minion, LOL. I only have roughly 14 weeks or so to be employed so I just roll with things now. A few of my buds suggested a tavern for lunch so my "well I'll stop for one" turned into a few so now I'm sucking down some caffeine and still have plans for a fast paced tempo run.  I'm my own worst enemy at times. I'll report back but IDK sometimes.

QOTD--Stopped getting a paper a few years back so I now watch cable news for my humor(or disbelief).

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Well we're slow at work so mgt. sent everyone home. Life as a minion, LOL. I only have roughly 14 weeks or so to be employed so I just roll with things now. A few of my buds suggested a tavern for lunch so my "well I'll stop for one" turned into a few so now I'm sucking down some caffeine and still have plans for a fast paced tempo run.  I'm my own worst enemy at times. I'll report back but IDK sometimes.

LOL.  You're living the good life these days!

Running is dumb.

NorthernHarrier

LOL.  You're living the good life these days!

Yeah, some would say ignorant bliss.   We should get out snowshoeing again one of these days.   Well, if we ever get some snow first I guess. I'm thinking if I can get off early tomorrow I'll head up to my shack and bask in a real winter thru Monday with some skiing, snowsoeing, and maybe some real backcountry exploring. Right now up there we have about a foot on the ground.

Got the results from my snowshoe race of a week and a half ago. In the 5k I placed 11th out of 37. Not bad for an old geezer, however I was only 5th out of my age bracket. Crap. I geezered a lot peeps and was crushed by other old curmudgeons. Like I've said before that in the older age brackets the only people left are the ones that were fast and competitive in the early years. And they were giving out homemade pies for division winners. 

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

We should get out snowshoeing again one of these days.   Well, if we ever get some snow first I guess.

I'm down for some snowshoeing if winter ever arrives.  I'll bring you some homemade cookies to make up for your lack of pie!

Running is dumb.

LB2

Ran a quick 2.5 miles this morning. Spent the last 3 hours trying to explain to an instructor how he was not getting screwed out of two days pay. I was looking at the hours and explaining the pay. He was counting days thinking he was getting screwed. Cussed at me for not standing up for instructors and stormed out. Called back 30 minutes later to apologize and explain that he made a mistake because there were two days off for Mardi Gras. What a day!! Anyway, all is good now; everyone is happy.

QOTD: I try to avoid the news as much as possible. I have done a good job of that so far this year. I just think most of what I see is slanted one way or the other, so I don't want to waste my time. Plus, I am totally busy at work these days, not much room in my brain to process additional BS.

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

The QOTD was about cartoons...not news.    I apologize in advance if I am wrong about that.

QOTD: I try to avoid the news as much as possible. I have done a good job of that so far this year. I just think most of what I see is slanted one way or the other, so I don't want to waste my time. Plus, I am totally busy at work these days, not much room in my brain to process additional BS.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

dhuffman63

Trails

Picked up a new project so been BUSY.  Have to go to KC next week and it looks like snow.  I got my 6 miles on the TM last night and will do 5 tonight.

QOTD:  We don't get the paper...no delivery out here and no point in getting Sunday's when I do grocery shopping.  I do like Dilbert and Far Side when I run across them.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Like I've said before that in the older age brackets the only people left are the ones that were fast and competitive in the early years. And they were giving out homemade pies for division winners. 

This is absolutely true!  On my very best races I’ll be in the top third overall and then look at my age group thinking surely I crushed it, only to say WTF? 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Daydreamer1

6.8 miles today.  Spent some time cussing the weather.  Wind just sucks the life out of me .  Overall not too bad of a run. A little slow with tired legs. Right now I'm not eating very much, lifting a good bit including the legs and the calorie deficit is hurting my performance. Ended up walking more then I wanted but that's fine. Right now my focus is weight loss and retention of strength, not running or biking performance.

QOTD: No longer get the local propaganda rag delivered for reasons I won't go into. I would read it online but I can't get just the online version, or if they do have that option it costs the same as with delivery.  The only part that I miss is the cartoons.  I always read most of them. Even now if I find a paper somewhere I'll sort through it looking for the toons.  Every now and then I'll look some up online to read.