Trailer Trash

Moany Mondaily (Read 239 times)

A soggy 2.4 miles this morning to shake out after my long run yesterday.

qotd: Only from my non-running family and friends who tend to think any running is both insane and evidence of some kind of super-hero like abilities

Pinhoti 100: Finished :D

Sandy-2

Slowdown-- You can send J.J. Watt back home now. I think we need him. BADLY!

NH:  Yea, J.J. Watt is terrific.  We need to keep him down here for a long time.  Sorry.

qotd: I have to amend my answer . . .   ---- >  See FTYC's comment above.

tbd.

Ultra Cowboy

Tonight I need to do a 10 mile followup to yesterdays 15 mile Long run. After missing 2 week ago's long run, cutting last weeks run short, I needed to finish a long run.  Now I feel back on track..

It was the first run of a training group for our 1/2 marathon trail run in April. (link in sig).  It was 23 deg F at the airport I heard.  I'm sure it was colder yet in the low lying north facing shady spots.

Some pics from yesterday taken by my training partner Pete..:

On my Second loop of three.

Yeah I here you about getting too much credit sometimes.  Usually it is from other runners though.  I sure don't feel like an ultra runner.

WYBMADIITY

Save

sugnim

Rocky:  Frozen mud--nice!

Queen of Nothing

Sue

It's cold here alright Andie.  But you got to love California.  On the way to work I was behind one guy with snowboards on the roof and another guy with Mt Bikes on the back.  Ran 20 yesterday.  20 degrees then warmed up to 29 by the end.  My running partner took a dive at about 19.9 miles, injuring her F.U. finger.  She is a PE teacher for Catholic schools so she plans on flashing that stiff, swollen, and bruised fingers to her 7th and 8th graders.  Today I may rest or a shorty short on the TM tonight since all you professionals always talk about "shaking it out" after a long run.

Andie:  It's been a while, why aren't you running?

Jamezilla:  Your going to "particpate today", not tomorrow?  Smile  It's suppose to be 70 down in LA area.  Enjoy your run.

Northern:  Your younger thean me, SO YOUR NOT OLD!!

tRAILS AND cOCKTAILS:  I read and enjoyed your blog.  I like your sense of humor.

EatdRINK rUN wOMAN:  Your QOTD is good.  Knowing that people might think you didn't try to straighten it out would be embarrassing.

QOTD:  Too often and it's embarrassing. Blush   People always say how fast I am...I'm not..I'm upper middle of the packer.  Sure I am faster then them but I'm not fast!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

valerienv

Thread killer ..

We have been colder here than usual Saturday the low was -21 , yesterday -11 , this morning -15 at feeding time for the horses @5:00 am. It isn't getting much warmer during the day @20 as a high . I just haven't felt like going outside more than I have to it is sunny and clear and very pretty out . It looks as if we have some more of this weather in the forecast . Those of you who deal with this type of cold regularly - do you still go out and run or do you resort to the treadmill ?

Tahoe picture from Saturday

tjrun

Yesterday was a SRD after 20 miles on the road on Saturday.  I'm hoping to get in some miles today, but I have a meeting after school, so the it's not looking good.

I don't know how you guys handle your cold temps.  It's in the lower 40's and drizzly and I'm freezing!  I'm such a wimp.

NorthernHarrier

Rocky-- Are those trails?? LOL

Queen-- No Queen I'm older. When I first started racing 10k's they timed us with sun-dials.

Valerie--That little pond there looks cold.

Another take on the QOTD- and the more usual scenario.  So I go to the Badger game on Sat as a guest of my running bud who is a vendor to this large company that had the suite. He doesn't know many people there and I only know a couple so you just play the social game. A middle-aged guy there starts talking about how he has recently started jogging and even went out that morning.(woo-hoo) Of course everyone is so impressed and tell him how awesome he is, my bud and I just exchange glances and then also tell him that he is great athlete, etc.  What's even funnier was my bud was wearing a shirt from a 50 miler that only I noticed.

Don't get me wrong--It's great the guy has started running and we certainly want to encourage that , no need to marginalize it but I've been in some situations where it's been a little difficult to bite the lip with some people. (but for free food, drinks and tickets I can be a model citizen).

KreegSauceRuns

1.5 mile walk on the TM at lunch.  AKA rest day.

1/8/22 - Frosty 50k - 5:21:19 (strava)

3/26/22 - Blackbeard's Revenge 100 - 27:27:06 (strava)

9/30/22 - Yeti 100 - Abingdon, VA - 25:46:01 (strava)

4/1/23 - Umstead 100 - Raleigh, NC

7 at 5am, was dark and cold thinking 10deg with no wind felt so good, maybe the freeze will knock out the germs for awhile.

NH, hope the shirt was red.

QOTD: made the Green Bay paper and TV news with myteamTriumph pushing a race chair with a special needs teen, also in the Ultramag for races, nice to see your name way down on the bottom.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

9 miles through the mud and water, 1,800 ft vert gain. It's the lots of snow melting now that turned two miles of the trail into a pond. My feet would have dissolved if they hadn't frozen. Still made it over the rocks and roots without a fall - yay!

Rocky: Did you take a picture of my trails today??

valerie: Quite a bit of snow! Still the lake looks tempting.

Queen: Hope your buddie's finger will heal quickly. When I sprained mine on a fall, it took months to eventually heal up. If I focus on it, I can still feel a little bit of pain.

TJ: I just don't think about it. By the time I realize it, I'm warmed up. Unless I did not dress right, then I'm frozen.

Run for fun.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Those of you who deal with this type of cold regularly - do you still go out and run or do you resort to the treadmill ? 

if it's single digits or below, I go to the gym- occasionally if the sun is out and there is 0 wind, I'll run, but usually there is wind and/or the sun isn't out Big grin

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

sugnim

We have been colder here than usual Saturday the low was -21 , yesterday -11 , this morning -15 at feeding time for the horses @5:00 am. It isn't getting much warmer during the day @20 as a high . I just haven't felt like going outside more than I have to it is sunny and clear and very pretty out . It looks as if we have some more of this weather in the forecast . Those of you who deal with this type of cold regularly - do you still go out and run or do you resort to the treadmill ?

At 20 with sunshine, I'd definitely go for a run.  -21, I'd take a URD.  My run this weekend was at 0 degrees, and aside from the frozen water bottle, I was fine in my UA wool long undies beneath my running clothes.  I try to avoid the treadmill at all costs because it's not enjoyable to me.  I did resort to the indoor track last August & September when the temps were above 90 & there was a ton of awful forest fire smoke in my area.  The heat & ash makes me feel sick.

You might want to take another look at what you wear when you run.  Maybe add a layer to make it more comfortable.  Sometimes in the winter, I feel that the only time I can actually get warm is when I go outside for a run--it's like my own personal summertime.  How do your horses do in the cold?

Ultra Cowboy

At 20 with sunshine, I'd definitely go for a run.  -21, I'd take a URD.  My run this weekend was at 0 degrees, and aside from the frozen water bottle, I was fine in my UA wool long undies beneath my running clothes.  I try to avoid the treadmill at all costs because it's not enjoyable to me.  I did resort to the indoor track last August & September when the temps were above 90 & there was a ton of awful forest fire smoke in my area.  The heat & ash makes me feel sick.

You might want to take another look at what you wear when you run.  Maybe add a layer to make it more comfortable.  Sometimes in the winter, I feel that the only time I can actually get warm is when I go outside for a run--it's like my own personal summertime.  How do your horses do in the cold?

to  the first bolded part.  Is UA making a Merino Base layer?

WYBMADIITY

Save

sugnim

to  the first bolded part.  Is UA making a Merino Base layer?

I'm not sure.  I got them on the clearance rack at REI about 2 years ago.  The tag says 90% wool & 10% polyester.  I see the same ones on the rack every once in a while.  They are women's & they're pink upper & lower--I think they are called Base 2.0.  I would guess they make them for men as well.