Trailer Trash

Mostly rest Monday (Read 18 times)

runtraildc

Hi Trailers!  Getting in a rest day today. Yoga later, and some garden projects instead of running. Maybe Chowder and I will get in a hike by the creek. It seems to be an especially quiet day here. Maybe the cooler weather and overcast skies have something to do with that.

Queen: Not a comedy, but I really liked Marcella on Netflix. Hoping for a 3rd season. And 'Norseman' (really funny, but you have to have a very dry sense of humor).

qotd: What's your favorite genre of movies/television?  For me, it's comedy and the drier the humor, the better. I don't care for the slapstick/in-your-face humor, which might be why Jim Carrey and the likes never appealed to me.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning all!  Plan is to get a few miles on the trails with Tiny Elvis after work; should have done that yesterday as I think it helps with recovery and soreness.

qotd: I like dark comedies, ie Fargo and well done action dramas, but I watch a pretty a pretty wide range of movies. One of the genera I almost never watch is musicals, maybe have never seen any good ones?

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Sandy- from yesterday- three days/two nights

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

XtremeTaper

Busy day yesterday. Finally had some sun and temps above 60. Took Baker out to French Creek park for 7 mile trail run. We did a sort of a different route, mixing up the Lenape loop with sections of the Racoon and Buzzards trail. He was so good off leash. A few times I even let him run by a few people off leash (typically I leash him up for encounters) and he followed along perfectly. Crazy packed at the trail heads. Lots were full, cars parked alongside the road. Never seen it like that. Our route turned out pretty good and while we encountered a number of hikers and mountain bikers it wasn't bad. The park is pretty big, over 30 miles of trails. Oh, we ran through Hopewell National Furnace and there was a field of sheep with some brilliant white young babies. Very cute. Baker was curious though he is not a herding breed. Did a few 2 mile dog wogs with the Lady as well so a total of 11 miles yesterday. Plus yardwork (mulching) and mowing. The front beds are all tidied up now.

Today, so far just the usual 2 mile dog wog this morning. Did strength routine today with the dumbbells. I think it's working as last week felt a litle sore in a few spots. I will get the dogs out for 3-4 miles this evening. Something short so I can take the Lady to the trail.

QOTD: Not sure really. Spy, drama, thrillers? I don't watch too much comedy these days other than Curb Your Enthusiasm which is more of a dry/sarcastic sort of humor.

Warden - Great adventure out there this weekend. I likely would have made it a few miles in all that snow and called it quits. LOL. Oh, for a musical may I recommend Spinal Tap.  Big grin

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Sandy-2

SRD for me today.

mt:  even more great photos.  Please send some that white stuff down here. With all of your mountain stuff, you should see "The Sound of Music". 

qotd: I guess sci-fi, adventure, etc.

tbd.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Got in a speedy for me lunch run - 4.5 miles.

Warden - such a grand adventure.  It never ceases to maze me how serene the mountains look - especially snow capped.

QOTD: Depends on the day.  I don't really have a preference.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

moonlightrunner

It sounds like everyone is doing well with running! Warden, you continue to have the most amazing adventures...beautiful pics.

Not much going on here. We have had sunshine and somewhat warmer temps...which helps with the mental state a bit.

Not running or powerhiking much. My knee just will not tolerate it. Seems I can get a run in about 1x a month. Then the rest of the time recovering from it and getting brave enough to try again.. But I get out to work gently when I can. I walked 7 yesterday. Took lots of pictures.

Qotd: sci fi for sure...and I love those really stupid paranormal shows and movies. Do not understand people who do not run away when they should.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

5.5 miles in the sunshine.  Really nice and warm here today. I tried some of the backyard trails and side roads around our village, one of them leading along the cemetery. There are some very old gravestones there, dating back all the way to deaths in 1837, 1855, 1860, and such. One gravestone stood out to me, of a man born in 1861, died 1962. I was thinking, wow, what an adventure his life must have been, with all the changes during that timespan. Also people born in the 1830’s to 1850’s, who lived through the Civil War and died in the 1900’s. 

moonlight, I hope your knee will allow you to run some again. 

warden, nice adventure!

Taper: Seems like here, people going outside just as before the stay-at-Home order. I also noticed that traffic is almost back to what it used to be. What a difference to 3 weeks ago, when everything was really shut down and dead, even when the weather was nice. Seems people are just getting used to the threat and don’t take the shutdown order seriously any more. 

QOTD: True crime and documentaries, historical stuff, some witty comedies. For a musical, I’d recommend the Rocky Horror Picture Show, original movie. That counts as a musical, right?

Run for fun.

LB2

A total of 4.5 today between 3 miles on a hunt and 1.5 miles walking with my wife, kids, and the dog. It will probably be about the same tomorrow.

QOTD: I would have to say comedies, but I really like action movies, too.

LB2

moonlightrunner

FTYC: what a great thing to find on a run! I love waking through cemeteries and reading gravestones. Gravestones lend each life there that is etched  in stone, just a fleeting moment of immortality as strangers walk through.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k