Trailer Trash

Confused Friday (Read 27 times)

XtremeTaper

Woke up this morning, had the windows open, the birds were out chirping like it was spring. Also thought it might be Saturday already but no such luck. Confusing start.

I ended up with 2 hours, ~ 10.5 miles yesterday at French Creek. Warm and humid but grey and overcast. Had the place to myself for the most part. A bit of a creaky run but nice and peaceful. I think I will hit the road today at lunchtime.

QOTD: Do you have any voodoo stretching or other rituals related to your running?

Me. Toe raises, balancing exercises, straight leg raises, and a few other stretches that I fear if I stop I will surely break down.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

runtraildc

I heard that same bird chirping, too!  This will be our last day of this weather though and I will take advantage of it.  6 or 7 miles planned for today, but I'll most likely break it into two runs because of timing/logistics.

qotd:  Not immediately before or after, but i do yoga at least once a week to keep the hips from completely locking up.  If I skip for too long, I start having niggles in the hips, butt, quads or hamstrings.  Never fails.  Yesterday's class was a doozy-- I walked out feeling like a very relaxed, but wet noodle.

Occasional Runner

Short trail run with the pups, then some core work in the gym. It's in the 30's this morning but no wind. It was crisp but comfortable. I'm so much better at running in the cold than I am the heat.

QOTD: I put on shorts and shoes. That's the only constant.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I am taking a zero day - there Queen you happy? My legs are not happy with me and I in turn am not happy with them.  But I need them to work next weekend.

Just found out there is a manager position opening up in my department at work soon.  I actually got intel a couple weeks ago about it but it's been officially announced. My boss helped to create the position and it seems with me in mind so while I would like to say I am a shoe-in for it....well ok I am! Hoping the increased pay is enough to make it worthwhile.

Lots of gun talk yesterday.  While I am not against guns, hunting, whatever, I have never gotten into it.   At this point in my life I doubt I will.  But it's fairly evident who owns the guns here!

QOTD: No not really.  Like lace said, put on shoes and go.  I sometimes stretch a little but mostly I do not.  I keep telling myself I want to get into a daily habit of core and stability exercises - nothing too long but just a few minutes daily.

Have a great weekend!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

LB2

Rest day today and tomorrow. More rain...

QOTD: Not really.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

Was going to be an SRD, but weather too nice to pass up, so lunch run for me on roadway.

We had birds too, but they were making a noise in a gutter outside of the bedroom. Made me get up early to see what they were doing. When I yanked up the blind, the took off. I felt like "hey kids get out of my yard".

Jamie - rest is good. Enjoy the taper before your "fun run".

QOTD:  When I stopped stretching many years ago, I got rid of a lot of nagging injuries. I'm with Kelly, but I also always grab a shirt and hat.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

some call me Tim

Tomorrow is race day and (like last year) I think if I put a good race together I've got a shot at the podium... or (like last year) I could overcook the start and death march it in. I'd like to think I'm wiser this time around ;-)

qotd: I think I've ranted about mobility enough on here, right? My most magical mob is essentially yoga's 'pigeon' pose, then leaning the upper body in different directions to hit the whole outside of that hip/glute area. I recently took on training a runner for the first time (an old friend who lives out of town) and just two days ago gave him instructions for this mobilization. The results came back as expected - it's 'magic' and he's back to training. It's not hard when one thing that has been neglected finally gets the right attention, but giving somebody a little instruction and having them rave over the result? I could get used to that!

Another beautiful day out there - have a good one everybody!

LB2

I forgot to discuss my run after work yesterday. I can honestly say that I have not run in air as thick as I did yesterday since sometime in mid-August. I think the dew point was around 72, which is considered oppressive. I just ran a slow and easy 4 miles. If I had run fast and been forced to breath fast, I may have drowned from the air alone. It was really intense, and that is saying something since I live down here.

LB2

Occasional Runner

QOTD:  When I stopped stretching many years ago, I got rid of a lot of nagging injuries. I'm with Kelly, but I also always grab a shirt and hat.

For me, the shirt and hat are optional.

Daydreamer1

Wasting another nice warm fall day at work. At least the bills will get paid.  Got in a decent 7 mile run yesterday afternoon. I really need to get back to doing at least one >10 mile run a week.

Yesterday it was guns, today it looks like this place is going to the birds.  Yesterday my extended Blue Bird family was at the Condo. Must of had at least six or seven of them sitting around. Then I noticed a small woodpecker attacking my shed .  I chased him away with a stern warning to stay in the woods!!!

QOTD: I know what Voodoo is, but what is this stretching stuff you speak of .   I've been running less and my right Achilles has been hurting more.  One of these days I'll buckle down and do some stretching.  As I age my stride become shorter.  On the few occasions that I've regularly stretched stride length definitely increases.  How do you make yourself do something you know you should do but don't really like???

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Wasting another nice warm fall day at work. At least the bills will get paid.  Got in a decent 7 mile run yesterday afternoon. I really need to get back to doing at least one >10 mile run a week.

Yesterday it was guns, today it looks like this place is going to the birds.  Yesterday my extended Blue Bird family was at the Condo. Must of had at least six or seven of them sitting around. Then I noticed a small woodpecker attacking my shed .  I chased him away with a stern warning to stay in the woods!!!

QOTD: I know what Voodoo is, but what is this stretching stuff you speak of .   I've been running less and my right Achilles has been hurting more.  One of these days I'll buckle down and do some stretching.  As I age my stride become shorter.  On the few occasions that I've regularly stretched stride length definitely increases.  How do you make yourself do something you know you should do but don't really like???

Habits are hard to break and make!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

got a nice 4-ish mile run in the snow yesterday, we've got 4-6" in the hills- looks like winter 

going to strength train this morning, then will head to Missoula for a 15k trail race tomorrow- spur of the moment signup, but it coincides with their mountain running film festival and that was well worth going to last year

qotd: no stretching here either; I do use a firm foam roller often (mostly calves)- I try to do it before & after a run, but that only happens occasionally

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

For me, the shirt and hat are optional.

DW says a shirt is mandatory for me. I don't want to scare any wildlife or small children with my scars and flabby torso.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

valerienv

Thread killer ..

I haven't been running much the last couple weeks , I do need to start again,  maybe tonight .

QOTD: I thought I needed to try something so I signed up for a hot yoga class . I went down and they explained it to me as I was early they said go sit in the room until the class starts . It was hot , I think 105 with @40% humidity , I sat there thinking this will ok . Several people came in and whispered to me if you feel dizzy or just bad lay down,  the goal is to stay the whole 90 minutes . The room started to fill maybe , 25-28 people all sweating raising the humidity . We started the class , the poses were easy standing poses I knew,  I was surprised at how much I was sweating . About 20 minutes in I started to feel bad , dizzy , pukey  really too hot . I stopped and realized I didn't want to try for 90 minutes , I wanted out . I made eye contact with the instructor , mouthed I'm sorry , gabbed my stuff and bolted . I made it 25 minutes total , felt crappy  the rest of the day . I do need to find something else but it won't involve a 105 degree room .

NHLA

daydreamer if you want to learn reloading you can have my equipment. You will need a big truck to pick it all up.

I helped load ammo for special purpose military uses. I could not believe the specs they gave us for 300w sniper rounds.

It ran counter to everything I had learned about reloading mag cal. but it was a great moa round and less recoil so I still use it.

5.5 miles

qotd  I walk about a mile before I start.