Trailer Trash

Elkhorn 50k RR (Read 48 times)

mecrowe

Computer Geek

nice job, warden!    way to stick it out nad finish strong

RabbitChaser

Congrats on toughing it out and finishing strong! I hope nixing perpetuem solves the nausea issue for you.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

thanks for the kind words!  I'll start w/ the Perpetuem, if that doesn't do the trick I'll go to plan B-which I don't have at the moment Smile

I had a small roll of Tums, but the damn things must have fallen out when I grabbed an electrolyte- I'll look into the ginger candies, I know ginger ale is always good at home when I get a stomach bug

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Well NTWarden I am very impressed that you tough it out on this and actually turned around.  You finished 1 hr 20 mins after your goal with your stomach problem...pretty good.  Tums and Rolaids are so chalky to me I can't take them.  My niece just turned me onto Brioschi, and Italian anti-acid.

Non-related...Next time you write your RR can you put some spaces in it.  I keep rereading things.  Big grin not all of us have young eyes.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

thanks

I'll check into Brioschi, Tums are chalky; I'll do that, maybe it's because I have my reading glasses on when I'm typing Big grin

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Sounds like a tough race, and I'm impressed that you finished it well, even when the wheels had almost come off early on already.

I've had some issues with Perpetuem, too. Now that I dilute it more (like 1 scoop in 20 oz. of water, instead of 2-4 scoops in 10 oz.), it seems more palatable.

A good source of protein for me are the Proasis drinks ("shots"), 25g of protein in something like 2 oz. of fluid, so you can get enough protein without having to consume a large amount of anything to get it in. Digesting this one does not bother my stomach, maybe worth a try for you, too.

Run for fun.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

thanks for the tips Smile  I've got another 50k next month so I'll have another chance to practice

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √