Trailer Trash

soggy saturday (Read 32 times)

runtraildc

Morning all!

A muggy 4  miles in St Louis.  Saw the arch, a pair of peregrine falcons and a tattoo that was either Pippi Longstocking or the Wendy's hamburger girl.  That was my urban, road run this morning.    I hope the rest of you have a good day out on the trails!

qotd- pass

The pooch and I had a nice easy 6 mile run. Map my run emailed me to say that I had the best time on some climb that I didn't know was mapped by anyone. So I got and "achievement award" for a slow climb.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Birdwell

Morning folks!

Getting ready to head out for a 10k, followed by a little hill work.

funny story, I bruised my foot last night. Our 2 y.o. daughter is at the stage where she doesn't like to take baths (until she's in the tub, weird kid) so you have to "convince" or trick her to go into the bathroom. Last night I told her "lets race" to see who could get there the fastest. She takes off, and I try to cheat by taking a short cut through the kitchen (I can't lose to a two year old).

She set me up. As I run through the kitchen I slip and fall on a toy she's left sitting in to middle of the floor. I slid right into the cabinets.

she laughed and laughed. I will blame her if my race doesn't go well today, instead of my lack of training.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Morning! A shade under 13 miles today - combo of roads, parks, grass, trail.  It was a true cross country type of run.

birdwell - sure blame it on the 2 yr old.  I'd probably do the same thing!

Have a great weekend!  Good luck to all racers.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

NorthernHarrier

Never ran or biked yesterday. An unscheduled rest day. Had my running stuff with me as I drove by a couple venues I run at but I could just tell that a rest day would be the way to go. Spent the afternoon replacing deck boards. Get one project done and add two more to the list.

As soon as I can get the troubled youth moving we are heading to Rockford for a longish mtn. biking session. Would like to do a short trail run later if I have any legs left. Tempo/intervals tomorrow.

runtrail-- I think St. Louis is muggy even in January.

Tromper-- Cool award. Nice.

Birdwell--Have to like her spirit. Good stuff.

boyjame--Nice way to start the wknd. off.

muppy

Good morning all!

Plan on an easy 5 after work, kinda trying to taper for a race next weekend, but having trouble cutting back.

jmctav23

2/3rds training

I was supposed to go help out at a local trail race in exchange for free entry into another local trail race later in the fall....but then I got scheduled to work this morning.  Ugh.  Biggest bummer is that even if I made enough $$ this morning at work to pay for the fall race, it's sold out already since it is apparently the most popular race of the year in the Flagstaff area.  Oh well, I'll get in a 15 mile "long" run after work on the course that this morning's race is on.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

As soon as I can get the troubled youth moving we are heading to Rockford for a longish mtn. biking session. Would like to do a short trail run later if I have any legs left. Tempo/intervals tomorrow.

You think the trails are worth it to drive an hour down there, pay the tolls, and expose yourself to the FIBs?  I was thinking and going down there sometime, but then I get drawn to Kettle Moraine instead.

I rode 31.6 miles on the bike this morning.  It was a functional ride -- went to the farmer's market downtown and scored myself a nice haul.

Running is dumb.

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

Quick trail run with HATRs, 6.4 at 10:22 pace.  57*F and cloudy.  Since we started in the middle of Mercer park instead of at one end as usual, I was able to lead the group through trails along the creek in the Van Nest preserve, which is normally too far away to visit on a normal saturday.  Then led everyone through "The Grinder", a half mile or so of very tightly twisted trail weaving amongst a dense stand of 2-4" diameter trees. Lots of ducking, and side-to-side dodging even when taken slow.

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16

Sandy-2

It was certainly soggy / muggy this morning.  Got up earl;y and drove up to the park where it was a soggy 75* at 6am.  Proceded to do 21 miles on the "hilly" trail.  Problem was I think due to yesterday's flight my legs were toast right from the start, and I knew right away it wasn't going to be an easy day.  It was sort of a "mind over matter grind" the whole way.  It also got a little warm and was about 85* and still soggy when we finished.  Uuuuugh!!!.  But I got through it, and now that I'm home and done, I feel much better about grunting through.

Gotta go run a few erands and then I get to take a nap.  Not sure what time zone my body things we're in at the moment.  But since my DW is up in NYC visiting her sister this weekend, my DD and I are planning to see the StarTrek movie tonight.

runtrail: Interesting St. Louis run.

Tromper: Cool FKT.

Birdwell:  Sounds like you got chicked.

boyjame:  Nice X-C run.

NH: Enjoy the bike/run later.

RM: Enjoy the taper.

MM:  Is that carrot cake?   Ummmmm !!!

jbyram2:  I think the next time I'll see 57* is during my overseas travel.  Enjoy.  Sounds like a nice run.

tbd.

jonferg67

Endless trails

Got in a nice 13 miles on hilly, rocky, rooty New England trails. My pace did

dip into 12 mins for a section, so I guess it wasn't real running. Fun though.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

life is good! Big grin  16 miles in a little over 3 hours (~2000' of elevation gain/loss)- some sun, some rain, some more sun; prairie wildflowers are really blooming, mule deer, antelope, a couple of golden eagles, prairie falcon, sharptail grouse (scared the shit of me when I unexpectedly flushed them!), prickly pear spines to pull out of my foot, dried blood on one knee and one elbow from a tumble, fell through a sink hole with one leg all the way to my crotch- doesn't get any better

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Ultra Cowboy

Work, travel and the Hotel bar contributed to lack of running the last 3 days.  I'm floating in a sea of uncertainty about Sunday, and I NEED to get out today for an hour or more.

Had I maintained my 5X and 30-40 miles per week the last month I would go run 25 on the WS trail Sunday.  but the infrequent and longish runs I've been doing is resulting in some heel pain and calf soreness.  I think I need to run short but frequent for the next 7 days and be healthy for Monday of Memorial day weekend.

WYBMADIITY

Save

Low_O2

Hello all!

15.4 miles with ~4500 ft elev gain for the dog and I this morning. It was a bit of a slog, but felt good to be back on the trails. I need to get my weekday mileage up again so my long run isn't such a beat down.

dpc3

Low_O2 where did you run La Luz?

Went up Embudito to South Sandia Peak and then down an unamed trail to the north of Embudito. Got in 13.5 with 4000 ft gain. Have a good weekend all!