Trailer Trash

The agony of the Wednesdaily (Read 14 times)

XtremeTaper

5 miles for Baker and I last night out at the lake. Still frozen solid. Trails were soft and squishy in many places so a good excuse for my slow going. We ran into the fast dude with the young gsp puppy. That little dog was so happy to see one of her kin. Run today will be up at the local trail I think. Usual dog walk this morning. It was in the lower 20's again but warming up nicely near 50 now.

QOTD: Watch any Olympics? No spoiler but see anything good, weird, unusual, or interesting.

The ski course looks sort of strange. A white ribbon of ski slopes going through a barren desert mountain. The big air, yowzers, jumping next to what looks like atomic cooling towers! I did enjoy the cross country sprint yesterday and biathlon from a few days ago. Need to see when the pursuit is on as that is easier to follow then the 15k w/staggered times.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

LB2

I covered about 1.5 miles between Walmart, the pharmacy, and doing whatever. It has been a busy day.

QOTD: I haven't watched anything. I think we should have boycotted the Olympics this go round over Taiwan and other issues I have with the CCP, but that is just me and may sound (or actually be) crazy. Nevertheless, my favorite event is the biathlon.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

two days (Mon & Tues) skiing back to a Forest Service cabin (15 miles total) with my youngest DD and Tiny Elvis; 5 miles this afternoon

qotd: haven't watched any yet, hopefully can remedy that soon

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Started out for a run and my legs said, "I don't think so", so cycled back at the earliest opportunity.

QOTD:  I've watched some alpine skiing, hockey, and curling.  If you want to see curling at its best, watch the Italian mixed doubles team.  There have been what seem to be an extraordinary number of spills in the alpine skiing and at least one serious injury in the women's giant slalom.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

runtraildc

Legs get a rest today. Chowder and I went out for a lunchtime walk and it is nice here! My daily strength work will happen later. I think it's a core workout.

qotd: I have been watching the highlights. Too many commercials on tv, so I catch the headlines later. I have had the same observation about skiing. Crazy.

Sandy-2

Did an easy 3 mi run after work today. Tapering is good. 

mt - nice photos. Looks like fun.

qotd: yes, we prefer the speed skating and ski racing where no judging is involved. Having said that it does seem there haven’t been any questionable rankings that we’ve noticed. . . . yet.

tbd.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

3 Mike walk with Jack and 5 Mile run by myself.   

qotd:  I'm in the room with Mom but not really watching.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄