Trailer Trash

The Thursdaily (Read 17 times)

runtraildc

Morning trailers. Chowder and I got in just over 4 this morning. Lots of deer, heard an owl and saw a raccoon towards the end. There are lots of raccoons around here, just rarely see them. No foxes, and haven't seen any for a while, though I'm sure many have seen us. Perfect running weather and the sliver of the moon was rising after we got our coffee and pupaccino. Nice morning.

qotd: Wildlife sightings as of late? See above. The deer seemed especially active this morning and Chowder was spotting them from good distances (not usually the case). I always stop and listen to owls.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

4 miles on a crisp (low 40's) evening yesterday with Tiny E; dust on the trails was nicely settled with the moisture we got the other day (much needed!).

will hit the trails sometime today and possibly the gym (day off)

still calling for snow here Saturday-Monday, that should decisively put an end to the fire season Smile

qotd: have been seeing quite a few deer on the trails, we missed a small bear last week (told to us by a runner in the opposite direction)- did see his tracks.  of course wanted to see some elk on my hunt last week, but that was a no go

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

6 miles this morning. It was super slow and easy, like about 1 hour, 5 minutes for the run.

QOTD: I have been seeing deer fairly regularly. I saw one yesterday or the day before, but I only saw tracks this morning.

LB2

XtremeTaper

A pair of sixes. 6 last night out on the trails at the lake with Baker. See image below of some fall colors on a section of trail above the lake. Beautiful fall evening. I had to run at lunch today due to some work stuff late afternoon that could jeopardize and evening run so Baker and I did 6 out at Coventry Woods. A shortened version of my old 7 mile route. Baker made some new friends on our run... a couple of ladies out for a hike stopped to pet and admire him. He is so well behaved on the trail. It's been a good week of running for me so far. Knock on wood.

QOTD: The usual suspects. THis time of year the deer are prevalent, especially at the lake. Today we a large heron fly off at the large pond towards the end of our run.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Easy 4 today. That puts me about midway between recovery from 3DATF and starting to taper for Piedmont-8.

QOTD:  Aside from squirrels, bunnies, and chipmunks, I'm seeing more deer than usual.  Haven't seen the local fox in a couple months.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Pain is my friend

5 easy miles. All by feel with no pushing. 

qotd: most days I don’t see Anything. The other day a skunk almost ran me over. If I didn’t give way he would have.

ATY 24   141.445 2019 1st

Bear 100 22:08 2021 

Jackpot 100 Feb 14:59 - 5th

Pulse endurance 48 hr 175.3 miles

Bonnevile Backyard ultra 

Ute 100 Aug

24 hour loop race?

Sandy-2

Did 10 after work today. Oh yay, it was 92 deg.  I’m so over 90 deg days.

But actually tomorrow the high temp is supposed to be 68, so that’s gonna be good.  Nice cool weather to stand in line and vote.

qotd: The other morning I heard two owls calling to each other.  Then when I was almost home another owl silently kind of dive-bombed just over my head. That was so cool.

tbd.