Trailer Trash

Tottering Tuesdailies (Read 22 times)

dhuffman63

Trails

LOL...I get off when I'm done or if the time runs out, it's an hour at the gym and normally all the rest are empty.  At lunch the whole place is somewhat deserted except to the old ladies in the pool doing water aerobics.  And at best there are only 4 of them. It's a shame too as it's a really nice gym and even the memberships (as employees it's free) are low.  Tribes have a real problem with diabetes amongst members even worse than the general population so using the fitness center should be a priority but sadly it's not.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

in other news related to yesterday’s qotd- shelter was back in stock and ordered one Smile

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

valerienv

Thread killer ..

This week is prepping for our annual volunteering job at the Silver State 50/50 . The weather is kind of iffy and we may get snow on Thursday but right now Saturday looks good but cool. I think soup might be a popular this year . It's either soup or popsicles , we've been snowed on before and been close to 80°.

QOTD: I prefer about 45° and dry .

AT-runner

Tim

AT - The new Callaway Epic Flash driver and 3 wood, and a set of Taylor Made P790 irons. I almost went all Taylor made but the Callaway Woods felt better on the range. I went to a demo days fitting last month at Foxchase golf club. Back to regular flex shafts. My senior swing seems to feel better with that as opposed to stiff shafts. Queenie.. we are talking golf here. Haha.

I have the Taylor Made M5's, and I just this Spring, I got a 3 and 5 wood Epic Flash.  Love the woods. I have an older Nike driver that I hit really well, so I'm afraid to switch it out, but when I do, I'll complete my Epic set.   Regular flex for me now as well.

Sue - we can talk about ball compression as well, if you like.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

in other news related to yesterday’s qotd- shelter was back in stock and ordered one Smile

Exciting!  Let me know how you like it!

Running is dumb.

AT-runner

Tim

Just looked it up. looks pretty nice. Like the corner vents and magnetic tabs. I'm sure the corner vents will help a lot with condensation.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Sandy-2

A really quick drive-by today (a left side drive-by at that). Sorry I'm crazy busy this week.

I did 6 mi this morning in St. James Park, Green Park and Hyde Park, it was a beautiful dawn in the lower 40's with low humidity.  Absolutely perfect conditions.

qote: See above.  I like it on the cold side.

tbd.

Gatsby -  I've stayed in Lahinch a few times (playing golf and closing pubs with my brother) and the coastal ride up from the Cliff of Moher to Kinavara is beautiful.  Love the castle there, and we've been to a nice pub with water views (Pier House or something like that).  If your Dad needs someone to check in on the place, I'll go.  A RA group trip and meet up in Ireland with some Fell Running would be fun.

If anyone wants to do a TT rondy in the west of Ireland, I’m in!  And I can provide accommodations.  We don’t go over that often because it’s a big, $$$ undertaking from CA.  Have’t tried fell running but sounds like fun. What could possibly go wrong hurtling out of control down a steep, grassy, rocky hillside?  👍

XT, lol on the golf club “shaft” talk.

Easy joggity jog today.  Leaving for Peru on Thurs. so this will be a light running week aside from the Lima Marathon on Sun.

QOTD:  cool-ish temps for me, around 50.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

9 miles up and down the hill. It was drizzling, then raining, and the valley along the side of the hill was about 5 or 6 degrees colder than at the trailhead, and it did not get any warmer on the way up. Still a nice run, and the last 3 miles the rain went away.

Just like AT mentioned, lots of little streams rushing down the trail and gravel roads, lots if ground erosion unfortunately. In some parts, the streams had washed away most of the trail and just left a deep groove through the forest.

QOTD: I run fastest with temps in the low to mid-50’s, but I actually like it best when it’s warm, 70 degrees and up to about 90. I might have some lizard genes, too!

Run for fun.