Trailer Trash

Finally Fridaily (Read 24 times)

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Hi Bert-o!  Basically what wcrunner said.  If you like to run on dirt, you're welcome here.  Some folks here don't (or used to/can't) run ultras.

Running is dumb.

Prince of Fatness

Howdy.  I've been lurking here for quite a while, since being a RWOL refugee seeking a new home.  I've been posting my dailies in the Beginners forum, but I don't think I have too much in common there.  Last year I discovered that I like playing in dirt.  I've also been posting a little in the Ultra forum, but I'm still a bit confused about that forum and here.  It might be obvious and I'm too dumb to notice.

Not sure where you are in NY but if you are close to NJ you should check out this site:

http://www.njtrailseries.com/

It's North Jersey.  The RD is sometime on RA (HasherRick) and I have been to a few of his races (half marathon or under).  He's a good guy and his races are well managed, IMO.  Lots of different options on distance too.

Not at it at all. 

NorthernHarrier

Greetings from the far north. It is a winter wonderland here with deep snow and at least for today mild temps. I like it. Took a day off from my minion job to escape though my little foray north could be cut short as my MIL is now in hospice and I'm sure a phone call is not far off. Sounds strange but she is having a good death.

About to head out on the roads with screw shoes for 13-14. Tomorrow hopefully will be more road miles and a nighttime snowshoe run. Probably be heading back early Sunday to be there again.

Daydreamer--I thought Rothrock was a great race when I did it a few years back. Enjoy!

Moonlight--Love your adventuresome spirit and have always been amazed you can run in that footwear(?).

QOTD-- Toying with the idea of a 3 day trip in late Feb. to Southern Illinois for some trail running in the Shawnee Nat'l forest. It's quite different from the rest of Illinois, thankfully. A 25k and half marathon on trails in Mo. and Ark. in April.  17 miler in the Wasatch(Utah) in June and then the plan is a 2 week adventure to Colorado in early Sept. Still working on the itinerary but there will be some epic stuff, climb some 14ers, run the Pawnee-Buchanan loop since it has been on my list for years and just maybe a 50k  up on the divide though that event has not been updated for 2018 yet so maybe it has gone the way of the dinosaur. I have a few other trips planned but not really running related.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Thanks Mandy!

MrFinn - Thanks for the link!  I'll check out those races, as the shorter ones would be good prep for a spring race.  Northern NJ is just a stones throw over the river for me.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Not sure where you are in NY but if you are close to NJ you should check out this site:

http://www.njtrailseries.com/

It's North Jersey.  The RD is sometime on RA (HasherRick) and I have been to a few of his races (half marathon or under).  He's a good guy and his races are well managed, IMO.  Lots of different options on distance too.

And a few with interesting twists like Running With the Devil: 1.5 miles up a ski slope, 1.5 miles down, 1100 ft of gain per loop, and the aid station is in the lodge bar. 3, 6, and 12 hour options.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K, 9:11:09
                  06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Prince of Fatness

Thanks Mandy!

MrFinn - Thanks for the link!  I'll check out those races, as the shorter ones would be good prep for a spring race.  Northern NJ is just a stones throw over the river for me.

Let me know what you do. I’m in the phillipsburg area so I may be able to meet you at a race.

Not at it at all. 

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Let me know what you do. I’m in the phillipsburg area so I may be able to meet you at a race.

Will do.  So far, I'm eyeing the Febapple Frozen Fifty on 2/17, either 20M or 50K.  It's in a good spot on the calendar for my April race.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

, run the Pawnee-Buchanan loop since it has been on my list for years 

keep me in on the loop on this; this a must do for me at some point

2024 goal 2024 miles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

keep me in on the loop on this; this a must do for me at some point

+1, the pictures I've seen from there are pretty awesome.  What is it in distance? Like 25 miles or so?

Welcome Bert-o and MrFinn

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

moonlightrunner

That is why I signed up. Sounds fun.

Moon- just got done eyeing up that race

You do know it is a unsupported race, no aid station, no water not squat buta few check points

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

+1, the pictures I've seen from there are pretty awesome.  What is it in distance? Like 25 miles or so?

Welcome Bert-o and MrFinn

yup- 25-ish; maybe that could serve as our 2018 rondy?  it’s definitely a dandy

2024 goal 2024 miles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

6.2 today

qotd: I have my annual races, D3 50K in May and NC 24 in September. I loved Powderface so much that I'm heading back to Alberta for another race. Powderface was full so I have Rundle's Revenge 25K the week before, then I'll hang around for hiking in Banff NP for the rest of the week.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K, 9:11:09
                                06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Sandy-2

Welcome Bert-o, MrFinn and 'hey' to dpc3!!!  Welcome to the Trash.  Like the others have said, as long as you like dirt you're in the right place.  But I'll let you in on a little dark secret, you have to keep it quiet....  we sometimes do road runs too.

tbd.

NorthernHarrier

Welcome Bert-o, MrFinn and 'hey' to dpc3!!!  Welcome to the Trash.  Like the others have said, as long as you like dirt you're in the right place.  But I'll let you in on a little dark secret, you have to keep it quiet....  we sometimes do road runs too.

Yes we do and I'm ashamed.  My excuse is I'm under two feet of snow so my options are rather limited until I'm back around Madison. Did complete 13 "road" miles in the dark as I got a late start and misjudged the sunset. No headlamp and out here in the wilds when the sun sets it is real dark with no moon light getting thru the cloud cover. Oh, and the roads here are like trails with the snow, ice, and slop. Well kind of anyway, I tell myself.

Anyhow regarding the Pawnee loop. Without taking a couple seconds to relook it up I believe it is real close to 26 miles with the half mile or so on the road connecting the two parking lots to close the loop. Said to be only surpassed by the 4 pass loop as an epic Colorado mountain adventure run. Pretty lofty praise.  I'd be happy to use that as a trail event rondy.

Anyhow regarding the Pawnee loop. Without taking a couple seconds to relook it up I believe it is real close to 26 miles with the half mile or so on the road connecting the two parking lots to close the loop. Said to be only surpassed by the 4 pass loop as an epic Colorado mountain adventure run. Pretty lofty praise.  I'd be happy to use that as a trail event rondy.

Is it this, in CO?  https://www.trailrunproject.com/trail/7010213/pawnee-buchanan-loop  I'm most likely available in September.     But sort of committed to volunteering at the Tahoe 200 from 9/8 to 9/10.  But plan away, I like this idea.

Hey to Bert-orama (ok, I know you lost the rama) and MrFinn and dpc3.  I post here around once a week and in the ultra runners thread maybe once a month.  I'm one of those people who likes dirt and roads, ultras and non-ultras, it's all good!  I'm in northern CA, relatively close to Queen but on the coast so no snow.  

Ran 6 easy today, maybe around 10 tomorrow.  Sort of tapering for a 50k on 2/3, but the race is just for fun so not too worried about time.  Mostly just checking to see where the 'ole fitness level is after taking is easy during the winter.

QOTD: Hoping to get in to Tahoe Rim Trail 50 in July.  I'm #14 on the waitlist and feeling positive about it!

And when I get in, I'm going to start bugging ValerieNV to take me on some training runs at Tahoe.  

6/9/24 Cinderella Trail Run 50k, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR