Trailer Trash

Hardcore Wisconsin Trail Running (Read 64 times)

dpc3

Fat Zombies chasing you elbow deep with some wings in hand!

RabbitChaser

That was great, thanks for the laugh!

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Lace- I think you should bring out the video more often, you've got a great flair for the tongue in cheek- that was definitely funny Smile

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Very funny, I enjoyed it.  I also laughed at the way you pronounced "root" like "rut."  Where are you from originally? I know you lived in PA for a while but that doesn't sound like PA accent to me.

Occasional Runner

Very funny, I enjoyed it.  I also laughed at the way you pronounced "root" like "rut."  Where are you from originally? I know you lived in PA for a while but that doesn't sound like PA accent to me.

People ask me if I'm from Texas all the time. I have a subtle souther accent that I picked up from my Dad. My family is regionally from the south but I grew up out west. It gets pretty thick when I drink...so it's usually pretty thick.

Occasional Runner

Lace- I think you should bring out the video more often, you've got a great flair for the tongue in cheek- that was definitely funny Smile

I have plans for volume 2. It'll be released next week.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Lace-Up YouTube channel?!?

I have plans for volume 2. It'll be released next week.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Occasional Runner

Lace-Up YouTube channel?!?

I have a YouTube channel.

LB2

I needed a good belly laugh today. Thanks.

LB2

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Very funny, I enjoyed it.

At first, I was watching the video with no audio, so I was wondering why you (of all trail runners!) called it "technical" - then, with the sound, I got it. Love the section where you almost got lost!

Run for fun.

Occasional Runner

I ran a lot of the Ice Age trail this weekend and actually managed to find a few sections that reminded me of the PA trails, but they were pretty limited.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I ran a lot of the Ice Age trail this weekend and actually managed to find a few sections that reminded me of the PA trails, but they were pretty limited.

There are definitely some nice sections of the IAT, depending on where you run.  What I love about the IAT is that you can get in a long run (really long on some sections) with a lot of diversity.  Rocky and hilly?  Check.  Smooth and gently flowing?  Check.  Meadows?  Check.  Woods?  Check.  And it's foot traffic only, so no bikes and no horses, although you can still run into some idiots from time to time.  Smile

Running is dumb.

Occasional Runner

There are definitely some nice sections of the IAT, depending on where you run.  What I love about the IAT is that you can get in a long run (really long on some sections) with a lot of diversity.  Rocky and hilly?  Check.  Smooth and gently flowing?  Check.  Meadows?  Check.  Woods?  Check.  And it's foot traffic only, so no bikes and no horses, although you can still run into some idiots from time to time.  Smile

I ran 40 miles over the weekend and about 30 of it was on the IAT. Saturday was up at Lapham area and Sunday was down in the KM southern unit. I found a little bit of everything. But Wisconsin doesn't have any sustained climbs. Lots of little rollers...but nothing that allows you to get 1000' of ascent over a mile. Those climbs don't need to be an every day thing, but they're handy for training.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Lots of little rollers...but nothing that allows you to get 1000' of ascent over a mile. Those climbs don't need to be an every day thing, but they're handy for training.

No, we don't have those, that's true.  Best we can do is around here is ~700' climbs at Devil's Lake.  Or you can head up North.  I'm sure Thom dug into you about Sawtooth.

Running is dumb.