Trailer Trash

Tempo Tuesday (Read 21 times)

Queen of Nothing

Sue

No wonder I think of Burke when I see turkey's. 

Did they look like this?

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

LB2

QOTD: Compared to all your free pairs, I feel like I have missed out.  I think I got a pair of new cliftons on ebay for $36 once.  But buying shoes off ebay is not a good practice.  I usually wait until a newer model comes out and but the previous model off of RunningWarehouse for cheaper.  But cheaper is still not cheap.  My shoe size is usually not available when they have a super discount.  It's the teeny tiny sizes they need to get rid of.  Who wears a men's size 7.5 anyways? 

I have never gotten the super discount on closeout shoes until this pair last week. I think there is an old saying about guys with big feet. I think it goes, "Guys with big feet hardly ever get the super discount at Runningwarehouse on closeout shoes."

Also, you guys have been seeing a lot more turkeys than I have. But the weather has been horrible down here and supposed to be bad again this weekend. I am taking a day off from work tomorrow to hunt; we should be in them in the morning.

LB2

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Thanks everyone regarding Big Sur.  We'll be there physically, but I'm just not sure if my mind and heart will be into running the race, so we'll see.  On the other hand, if it's a California thing to dress up as Peter Pan and poke at slow joggers' asses, then there's hope.

Gatsby, Sue - I'm sure we'll cross paths at some point.  We will be in Carmel 4/26 - 29, then in Big Sur 4/29 - 5/1.

LB2 - There are so many wild turkeys near our cabin that my wife is getting sick of me pointing all of them out.  She still hasn't warmed up to me getting one for a turkey dinner, but there's still time for that.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

3 miles, and I also stayed with the theme (tempo run). Feels good to shake out those legs after a long day at work!

Berto: Just enjoy the run! You'll see some great scenery!

LB2: Short runs are good because there's not much to remember what to take with you. I love the short runs!

XT: I sometimes have a similar thing on my right ankle which has been injured a few times throughout the years. Feels like it is "stuck", hurts, but when I stretch it out, e.g. on a rock or on stairs, it's fine again. Maybe some osteoarthritis, to say it scientifically. Normal wear and tear in trail runner language.

Jamie: My son wears the small sizes, at least for now.  But yay for women's big feet - I almost always still get a pair on sale!

AT: Big weekend does not go well with tempo run. Good excuse, right?

traildc: Hope your back gets all well again quick!

Gatsby: Good exercise!

dhuff: I don't know why getting up in the middle of the night is fun for a race, but not for work. 

Queen: Enjoy the good mood!

Sandy: Enjoy the heat run! I wish it was like that around here soon!

moonlight: I can relate to the short lunch break. You get to chose between eating and posting. 

wc: Nice feet!

QOTD: I got a pair of Brooks Cascadias for $40 when the retail was $90. Not all that great, but still good.

Run for fun.

Thanks everyone regarding Big Sur.  We'll be there physically, but I'm just not sure if my mind and heart will be into running the race, so we'll see.  On the other hand, if it's a California thing to dress up as Peter Pan and poke at slow joggers' asses, then there's hope.

Gatsby, Sue - I'm sure we'll cross paths at some point.  We will be in Carmel 4/26 - 29, then in Big Sur 4/29 - 5/1.

Sounds like you’re saying this is NOT a thing elsewhere? 

I’ll be away that weekend, enjoy!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Sounds like you’re saying this is NOT a thing elsewhere? 

I’ll be away that weekend, enjoy!

Are peeps keeping secrets from me????

Yes, I recall you'd be away that weekend .  I'm sure we'll be near Half Moon sometime in the future.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours