Trailer Trash

Too Early Tuesdaily (Read 20 times)

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I think I'll take a rest day. I feel like a truck ran over me.

qotd:  Possibly race walking, definitely some kind of walking or hiking.  Travel would be a big consideration.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Sandy-2

Sandy....NE OK up near the KS, AR and MO borders.  We have some flooding and the hail yesterday was awful. Horses were ok but I worried about all the lightening too.  Thanks for the concern.  Looks like rain chances every day here so Possum looking dry will be nice .  Are you going to the race briefing?  My friend and I plan on going.  Still looking for somewhere to eat dinner.

Diane, since my DD has to work until 4pm we are driving up Friday evening.  We are thinking about eating pizza in the car while driving (towels make great napkins).  We should get to the S/F parking lot at about 9:30 - 10pm.  We’re going to set up a tent by the car.  And we’ll set up our S/F spot (we’ll have 2 old-school folding chairs, 2 tubs, and a red/white cooler.  Then we’ll go to sleep and get up at about 5am, throw the tent in the trunk, and get our numbers. Start’s at 6am.

How early will you get to the S/F for your 7am start?  We need to figure out how to meet up.  I’ll pm you with my number.

P.S. sorry I forgot....  very glad to hear that you are ok weather-wise !!!!!

tbd.

adkkev

I've read that it takes 6-12 months to adjust and to let go of the stress from work.  So two days is nothing.  Give yourself tons time to decompress and figure stuff out, Sue.

I'm just a bit over five months into retirement ... and still adjusting to life without deadlines or "must do's", etc.  Fortunately I never really had all that much stress on my job so there wasn't much of anything "to let go of" in that respect; the biggest stress was the daily commute (45 miles one way).

Sure was nice getting back into downhill skiing again ... going skiing midweek and missing the crazy weekend crowds was awesome!