Trailer Trash

Thursdailies (Read 39 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Web site has Kelly still at 22.61 miles it has Kieth Straw now at 56.32 miles.  Hopefully a glitch in updating and Kelly is OK.

LB2 - I love my Outback. 

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

What age do we get the standard-issue Subaru?  My wife & I could use a new vehicle.  

Pretty sure this comes after age 50.  You just scan your lesbian card at the local gay bar and a new Subaru Outback spits out!

Running is dumb.

XtremeTaper

Had a late morning run today on the hilly trails of Coventry Woods. A light snowy/icy/crunchy coating on the trails. Screw shoes would have made this a pretty fast surface but the regular trail shoes worked pretty well too. Only had time for 6 miles but it was a beautiful winter day. Clouds giving way to sun and temps in the low 30's. Sweet.

QOTD: In my early days I've picked up hitchhikers and been picked up. Most memorable was some hippy couple out in the high desert of CA walking home from work one night. Old pickup truck, they invited me in, went 2 miles our of their way to drop me at my doorstep, 0and they gave me a couple of hits while on the road.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

QOTD: Yes.  Quite a few times, most often backpackers.  Most interesting was an ultralight glider pilot that had flow over the Colorado Rockies and was 90 miles from his take off point that morning and was trying to get home.  His whole glider rig fit in a large backpack.  I figure it just good karma especially since I have gotten rides quite often.

Dog QOTD: I use Frontline on Marley as I did with Cookie before her.  It seems to work well enough.  Very rarely a tick still attaches, but they seem to die as soon as they do.  Supposedly ticks die before they can infect the pooch with Lyme Disease.  It seems to completely eliminate fleas.

DD said her vet said something else was more effective in the Tallahassee area where she is.  I have no idea if that is true.  I forget what they recommended (Advantix maybe?).

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

LB2

What age do we get the standard-issue Subaru?  My wife & I could use a new vehicle.  

Anyway, apparently that was their plan.  They hiked through the park and figured they would get a ride back to the other side where their car was.  It sounded like they do that every summer.

Normally, it would be the first vehicle the couple purchases together, so age could vary. Also, it doesn't necessarily have to be new. They have a pretty good life expectancy, much longer than most heterosexual models which can often be big and obnoxious. 

LB2

some call me Tim

3 more today on the unstable base. It seems no matter how many times I run on it, it never totally packs and 10 minute miles is about the best I can ever do. They don't plow the towpath the Beast 50 is on, though, so I guess it's good practice.

qotd: Only once, and in town when I used to live in a crappy part of Buffalo. He gave me a crackpot story to begin with, and wanted me to drive to an intermediate house so that he could pick up an alternator someone was holding for him that he was going to sell. I couldn't put together his angle, but it was really starting to seem sketchy, so when he went in the house I took off.

Go Kelly! Hope that tracker is messed up.