Trailer Trash

Saturdailies (Read 35 times)

Hiked to the Pulpit and the Pinnacle on the AT today with a group of 8 other friends for one friend's birthday. The loop was around 10.5 miles, which took us about 5 or 6 hours to cover since the whole trail was literally a sheet of about 1/2 - 1" of ice and some folks were not very experienced hikers.

AT Runner - We definitely could have used some screw shoes as well today.

Kelly - sorry to hear about your digestive issues but glad you still had a good time.

QOTD: I would like to see Aaron Rodgers win since he was my fantasy football quarterback this year.

LB2

I ran 5 on Saturday: 2.5 were with the dog. He really took off yesterday, like a rocket. I dropped him off at the house and did the last loop alone.

QOTD: I am rooting for GB and NE. I like them both. But I think Seattle and Indy will be the winners today.

LB2

Watoni

Sorry, internet is really spotty here. So here's the story...

I got sick EARLY in the race, somewhere around mile 12. It was 90+ degrees and I think I took in way too much fluid and electrolytes. I got bloated, tried to recover but ended up puking for 20 miles. I decided to keep running until I could resolve the issue or have total physical failure due my inability to take in calories and fluids. I just came to a point where I couldn't function. I couldn't eat or drink anything, so I was unable to keep moving forward. I dropped out, slept for 4 hours and started to crew and pace my buddy to his eventual American record in the race.

It was a great time, despite my issues. A blog post will follow.

Glad you had a great time! That is a wonderful attitude and looking forward to the story.