Trailer Trash

last days of Hell (Wednesdaily) (Read 19 times)

Gator eye

1. HII’ll be lookin for ya Gatsby. Not sure what I’m wearing besides a grey hat.

Bring some warmer clothes it's been getting a little chilly at night. Looks to be great weather for the weekend

have u heard from Moon? Is she gonna make it?

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Yup but not the funky looking Jeep- looks-it-mated-with-a-pick-up.

Jamie- the four door?  very sharp looking

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

XtremeTaper

Well, sort of warm humid here too, but I see more seasonable temps in the forecast. Perhaps a brush of rain from Dorian too later this week? Hard to say. Not much to report in the running world. Did our 2 mile route this morning with Baker and the Lady, and last night about 3 miles at the lake. I got Baker up past a jog a few times and he did well, but the Lady was putzing in the heat so most of the run was a jog. I need to get the lawn mowed today, so just gym stuff at lunch and a run/walk with the dogs in the hood or up at the local trail later.

Obligatory dog photo, chilling post run and post dinner time.

QOTD: 2011 Ford Edge. Works for us, though the missus would like something bigger. I believe it's about 130,000 miles now. No rush here to get anything new here. We typically buy those used end of lease vehicles.

Gatsby/Gator Eye - Happy Hallucinating this weekend!

In dog beers, I've only had one.

runtraildc

Hi all. No run today. I did, however, get out last night for a second run-- another 6, making the total of the day at 13. Need to log more miles.

Will do some yoga later, I've fallen off that wagon and need to get back on track.

And Good Luck to Gatsby and Gator (and maybe Moonlight, too?)

qotd: Mostly a 2006 Subaru Forester with 150K miles. We got it a few years ago for the kiddos to learn on/drive. We also have a 2015 VW golf tdi, but I tend to use that one less.

1. HII’ll be lookin for ya Gatsby. Not sure what I’m wearing besides a grey hat.

Bring some warmer clothes it's been getting a little chilly at night. Looks to be great weather for the weekend

No, Moonlight decided it wouldn’t be a good idea to be out there since she’s had some aches and pains lately.  Strangle wise for a trail runner!  

I’m Margaret.  Will look for the gray hat.

6/9/24 Cinderella Trail Run 50k, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

moonlightrunner

Moon is going to be there! but not in any official capacity. I am too slow to be a pacer and in recovery mode with my right lower extremity. I plan to be there saturday...if I can help your crews with anything I would be happy to do so. Bib numbers would be helpful. Gatsby, let me know where your crew is set up.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

AT-runner

Tim

Moon is going to be there! but not in any official capacity. I am too slow to be a pacer and in recovery mode with my right lower extremity. I plan to be there saturday...if I can help your crews with anything I would be happy to do so. Bib numbers would be helpful. Gatsby, let me know where your crew is set up.

Are you all wearing tie-dyed shirts for the race, or that a different race?

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Ran 3.5 this morning.. wheww it’s been awhile. I am in Grass Valley fir a week and it’s hot!!   Returned from my backpacking trip which was down graded from a 51 mile loop to a spiderweb with no hike longer than 7 miles but that didn’t keep me from being quite sore.  Since I had to carry dog food  the pack was quite heavy, Earl helped with a pack but Jackie just free loaded off us.

Qotd: 2007 jeep wrangler 2 door with bad gas milage.  I plan on never getting rid of it but I would like to get a van some day for more run when traveling.

Gatsby:  Awesome picture of you.  This is a WS qualifier so as a aid station captain dies this mean you will be running Western States next year?  Good luck on your first hundy.

Jamie:  I just saw the Jeep truck in a parking lot...weird but maybe it will grow on you.

Xt:  The dilemmas of two dogs.  My Jack drags during this heat but Earl is not effected it makes running very difficult since leaving one home breaks their heart and is also hard on his.

duffman:  Camped all my life and can’t imagine a $600 tent.  You know Warden, camps in the winter and on Mt tops so maybe spending that amount is worth it.   If you are a fair weather camper (which includes rain) an REI or even a Coleman will do the trick.  Yardsales are full of tents.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Some pictures froom Hoover Wilderness....Virginia Lakes Area

AT-runner

Tim

Sue - Is that Erin?  Nice pictures.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Yes Erin...her husband is in the background and Rose was taking the picture

Sue - Is that Erin?  Nice pictures.

AT-runner

Tim

Yes Erin...her husband is in the background and Rose was taking the picture

Awe, glad you got to see you running buddies.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

welcome back stranger Smile  nice pics!

2024 goal 2024 miles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen!  Looks like you're enjoying life.  Hoover Wilderness looks fabulous.  I think ValerieNV goes there sometimes.  Miss you around here.  Despite my 8 years of servitude to WS, I don't get an automatic entry to the race.  My running club gets a guaranteed spot in the race for putting on the aid station, and I'll enter our club lottery with some extra tickets, but others have more than I do, so the odds are not great (although better than the official WS lottery).

AT, yes, there will be lots of tie-dye at the race this weekend.  I think there's a tie-dying party for folks not otherwise occupied with running and such.

Moonlight, glad that you'll be there this weekend!  PM me your cell phone no.  I'll send you my bib no. and a pic of our compound at the start/finish on Friday.

XT, love that the new pup is settling in.  GSP is German shorthair pointer?

2 mile joggity jog around the neighborhood this morning.  Carbo loading now.  There's carbs in wine, right?

6/9/24 Cinderella Trail Run 50k, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Interval workout with the club did not go as planned.  First it was raining. Then I had some tightness in my lower left calf, but I was able to work that out in my warm up.  Finally I was cruising through the first two 800s.  Then during the 200m recovery I developed a pain on the top outside of my right foot just in front of my ankle.  I could flex and rotate my foot, do toe raises, basically anything I could think of, except run. I'll see how it feels today and hope it's just a phantom taper niggle.  Besides getting ready for NC 24, I've gotten rather fond of my 69 day running streak and don't want to break it.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K, 9:11:09
                                      06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.