Trailer Trash

Finally Fridaily (Read 24 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

2.5 miles with DW and Tiny E yesterday evening. Had originally planned on strength training this evening, but as I was headed out the door this morning, DW said we’ll hike after work and grab fish tacos downtown- so it appears that’s what I’ll be doing 

qotd: plan on doing the Bob Marshall Open in May and while always a challenging event- this year the start and finish points have been announced and I can’t find a route that’s under 130 miles, several in the 140 range. Past events have been in the 110-ish range depending on route choice. This will probably add a full day over past ones. It’s too early to call weather/conditions, but as of now we are racking up well above average snowpack which could lead to some real suffering.

Other than that, definitely a few more trips planned for Glacier- that place is like a strong magnet- hard to resist!

2024 goal 2024 miles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Well we finally got snow... it should be gone in a day or two.  Ran 7 but only one showed up for the group.  I don't know if you folks in the north and east realize it's harder to run in the snow .  A little like sand.  So slow going.  I am suppose to run 10 more later in the day...I am ok with her canceling.

Qotd:  See below.... I guess Mt Hood is the big one but Smith Rock is goingbto be a chick party.

Dan:  Glad to see you back...

Moon:  Umm do u live in MI?  Didn't remember that about you.  Happy birthday and yes At is right; you got gloves for your birthday. 

Xt:  good news on the 11 days

Todays run... problems posted so had to post seperate... nit like that really matters though, huh?

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Well duh!?! I cancelled my boot camp last night when a friend suggest sushi and beer!

2.5 miles with DW and Tiny E yesterday evening. Had originally planned on strength training this evening, but as I was headed out the door this morning, DW said we’ll hike after work and grab fish tacos downtown- so it appears that’s what I’ll be doing 

Gator eye

Moon- just got done eyeing up that race

You do know it is a unsupported race, no aid station, no water not squat buta few check points

valerienv

Thread killer ..

I'm going to try and run after work . I could have this morning , home waiting for a hay delivery that won't be here till 10:30 , they are usually here by 8:30 . I still have to go in to work or I would do it after they are done .

QOTD: I have entered several races , a 50k , 50m and two 100's . I'm try to find a partner with a horse for the Ride & Tie National Championship so possibly that as well.

GC100k

Ran on the treadmill at Planet Fitness before light this morning. Found out I was 6 hours too late to cancel my membership before incurring the next annual fee. You have to cancel 1 week ahead of time. Apparently they use the pony express to transfer funds.

QOTD: very probably the Ironmasters 50k in April. Maybe a marathon in May if I feel good. If I drop 30 lbs I might enter the Steamtown Marathon in October where I might have a shot at the glorious hardware of getting 3rd in the over 225 lb division. The Stone Mill 50 mile in November is also on my radar.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Howdy.  I've been lurking here for quite a while, since being a RWOL refugee seeking a new home.  I've been posting my dailies in the Beginners forum, but I don't think I have too much in common there.  Last year I discovered that I like playing in dirt.  I've also been posting a little in the Ultra forum, but I'm still a bit confused about that forum and here.  It might be obvious and I'm too dumb to notice.

Anyway, I plan on leaving work a bit early today to get 6 on trail while it's still daylight.

QOTD:  90% certain that I'll take a shot at the Lumberjack 100K in Port Gamble, WA in April (pending possible schedule conflict).  Now that AT mentioned the Montour 24, that's definitely perked my interest, since it's only about 3 hours away.  If I survive the 100K, the Montour 24 would be a good test to see if there's a 100M in me.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I took the morning off work to get some school stuff done.  So I went to the gym to sneak in a quick run.  Quite a different crowd at the gym at 9am then early morning/late at night.  Then after wrapping up my school stuff, I get a call from DS2's school.  He's sick and I had to go get him so now's it's a full day off of work.  I am  with that.

Queen - in Rocksylvania, when we get 3-4 inches of snow it makes trail running easier and faster - the snow fills in between the rocks and creates a somewhat smooth running trail.

Bert-o - post away! We have dailies - uh - everyday! And if you do Montour, that will be 4 of us from here!

QOTD: Montour 24 hour for sure.  Likely a 50k FA prior to that or some other semi long race to help me get in a long run.  Then thinking of the inaugural Black Forest 100k or OC100.  Will likely need to throw in something in the middle of summer to keep my training up but unsure what yet.  Would love to finish it off with Stone Mill again but not so sure about that.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

runtraildc

Welcome Bert-o (and welcome back dpc3)! I don't read the ultra forum, but we're not all ultra runners here (or maybe it's just me that doesn't run ultras). And let's be frank, we don't always run, either. Injuries (or life) happens.

Howdy.  I've been lurking here for quite a while, since being a RWOL refugee seeking a new home.  I've been posting my dailies in the Beginners forum, but I don't think I have too much in common there.  Last year I discovered that I like playing in dirt.  I've also been posting a little in the Ultra forum, but I'm still a bit confused about that forum and here.  It might be obvious and I'm too dumb to notice.

And AT- I could see that about pacing. With guide running, it takes extra focus for me to notice the things that I don't necessarily think about. Ie the small pothole in the trail or a small step. Things that can trip her up (and fall or run into things, which has happened). With pacing, you would have to really think about it, too. There's peace in zoning out.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I've also been posting a little in the Ultra forum, but I'm still a bit confused about that forum and here.  It might be obvious and I'm too dumb to notice.

Lots of trail races are less than ultra distance. There are still ultras that are not run on trails, e.g. Desert Solstice and Dawn to Dusk to Dawn which are run on 400m tracks, and there are road ultras as well. Some overlap but definitely not the same. Not all trails are equal either as rail trails, which are common ultra venues, are quite different from single track.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K, 9:11:09
                                  06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

XtremeTaper

Anyway, I plan on leaving work a bit early today to get 6 on trail while it's still daylight.

QOTD:  90% certain that I'll take a shot at the Lumberjack 100K in Port Gamble, WA in April (pending possible schedule conflict).  Now that AT mentioned the Montour 24, that's definitely perked my interest, since it's only about 3 hours away.  If I survive the 100K, the Montour 24 would be a good test to see if there's a 100M in me.

Bertorama - consider this forum the place where those of us who left RWOL trail forum many years ago (2012) came to call home. The ultra forum here came about after RWOL shut down their forums last year. Some of those folks moved there.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Thanks runtraildc, WC, and XtremeTaper!  Looks like I'm in that intersection on the Venn diagram of the Ultra forum and this one.   Since I'm pretty new to trail running, I wasn't in the trail forum in RWOL.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours