Trailer Trash

Chilly, breezy Thursdaily (Read 18 times)

runtraildc

I've also turned into a hobby jogger. Did my strength workout yesterday and called it a win. Nothing else. Trying to figure out when to get in loops around the neighborhood before Chowder realizes he is home alone. He's making improvements on the separation anxiety front, but there's still a ways to go.

qotd: What's streaming these days? I'm watching a few things non-commitedly, but I've been enjoying 'Barry' with Bill Hader. Dark, but yet funny in a very quiet way. And on the less intellectual side, 'Brooklyn 99' since my son has logged us in to his Hulu account.  I never thought I was an Andy Samberg fan, but he (and the rest of the cast) are really good.

LB2

Whew!! This day got away from me early this morning. I looked up and it was 12:15. I did run the normal loop a little quicker than the last couple of weeks. I wasn't really trying, but maybe it was because I didn't stop to look for deer tracks or to pee. Anyway, it was good.

QOTD: I have been working through Season 2 of "Yellowstone", but I was having technical issues with the Paramount channel when it was actually airing. I don't know if that counts for streaming. I have also been watching episodes of "The Hunting Public" on YouTube every time they upload a video. I don't like many hunting shows, but these guys do an excellent job of putting on an informative program that is truly entertaining. The last thing I streamed on Netflix was the latest season of "Meateater". It was only about 8 episodes, but I like what Steve Rinella does with the show. He truly understands the multi-use issues of public land. If you want to know what I think about anything related to hunting (not that anyone would, or should, care), you can just watch him. He speaks for me.

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Ran my usual coastal run for 5 ish...watch died.  Dogs get a lot of ticks there .  Anybody usual @ny “natural” tick repellent?  DH doesn’t want me to use the chemical kind.   Sooo....he’d rather not run where ticks are  not happening.

qotd:  we don’t stream we Dvd....at least we advanced from video.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

My checked cleared!!!! WooHoo!!  Laurel Highlands 70.5 in June.  Maybe I should run today since I haven't run since Sunday.

QOTD: Not streaming anything right now.

Have a great night!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Ultra Cowboy

DD3 has Basketball practice tonight so I think I'll spend an hour at the gym.  Might only be the hot tub though.

turned on the TV the last few weeks since it is getting dark, and now Rainy....

NETFLIX

Wild Alaska (3 episodes) is good

Outlander 4 seasons or so...  When DD3 isn't there.    some risque content...

The Irishman was good

Peaky Blinders - gripping thriller with plenty of hard drinking and chain smoking coarse language blood and violence.  Think of the Sopranos in post WW1 Birmingham England.

Longmire - Wyoming Sheriff crime drama

Meat Eater.  Same reasons as LB2

Narcos - Watched all the Pablo Escobar stories, almost done with the Mexico series

Wild Wild Country - Cult takes over central Oregon town

Better call Saul - Reminds me my life isn't so bad...

WYBMADIITY

Save

Ultra Cowboy

Got Good News.

ML's Son who is stationed in Anchorage Alaska just got leave for Christmas.  Dec 18-28  That is One Happy Momma!

WYBMADIITY

Save

NorthernHarrier

Better post a little more if I can, don't want to be referred to as a lurking degenerate.  Up real early and off to the Arb where I ran the road 10k course which is Madison's common race route and is a pretty nice run for a road thing. Back into doing pace and tempo work so I'll do some weekly runs on that working on turnover and pace. Trying to hold onto the last tiny bit of speed I still have buried away. It's a fairly challenging actual race course, no one will PR on that course but back in my younger days I could just barely squeeze a sub 39 on it. Seems like a lifetime ago, wait, it was. 

Runtrail--Yes, a springer is on the list. But with 2 geriatric ones already including the neurotic rescue not sure I could handle a squirrely pup. But we'll see....

On another note DD is being transferred to your neck of the woods. A facility in Manassas, Va. They'll look for housing somewhere within say 90 minutes of there. So I guess I'll be learning some new areas. Oh, and I'm sure we'll get their springer for awhile again during the transition.

QOTD--Not streaming anything. Try to watch veep but can't get in the routine. Usually watch football and MSNBC. Now I did actually go to a movie the other day--watched Knives Out. Not sure how it's being reviewed but I found it entertaining.

E/A-- Sue, I don't know of anything natural. I don't mess around and just spray Perithrin on my socks, shoes, boots, pant legs, etc. Highly effective. Safe when sprayed that way and on dogs fur too.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

strength trained this morning

7 miles on snowshoes w/ Tiny E this afternoon (the benefits of working part time!)

qotd: finished the newest season of Peaky Blinders- good, but was only 6-7 episodes and it was a looooong time in coming; watched the newest season of Meat Eaters- that is a damn good hunting (and cooking!) show; I thought Vikings was only on Hulu- which I don't get, but scrolling through Prime, low and behold- Vikings!  only a couple of episodes in

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

Did a combination run and runoff vote after work today. We’re doing early voting for the ppl Houston mayoral runoff. So I dropped by and voted early in my run then finished up the 5 mi. Voting was pretty quick, only added 5 or 6 minutes to the run.

qotd: we’re watching The Queen since they just released some new episodes.

tbd.