Trailer Trash

Wild Horse Weekender!! (Read 12 times)

LB2

The wild horse I had to break this morning was myself. My body was rejecting running today. But after about 4 miles we came to an understanding. I ran 20 miles in 4 hours; I have one more of those tomorrow. I'll end up with a 72 mile week (Monday to Sunday), but I have 82 miles in the last 7 days. That will put me at 102 mile total for 8 days. I don't really feel that tired, and I think I should. We'll see how it all shakes out in 19 days.

QOTD: Will you watch the Super Bowl? Who are you rooting for?

I don't know if we will watch it or not. I think I am rooting for the Eagles, though. I used to hate the Eagles, but I sort of like them now.

LB2

Sandy-2

My alarm didn’t go off this morning so I got a late start, but did 14 miles. Cool 39°, damp, cloudy, grey and windy - felt great. 

QoN: the way I post pics on my iPhone is as follows:

1) open Imgur App and hit the “+” in the upper right corner to upload a photo from the phone (I always use hidden so they are not public).

2) once it’s uploaded I click on the photo in the Imgur app matrix, once it’s open I hold my finger on the photo to get a send options list, I select the “Copy Link” option.

3) go back to RunningAhead post and hit the “insert/edit image” icon and paste the copied link from Imgur in the “Source” field.

It’s kinda convoluted, and sometimes I have to tilt the phone between vertical and sideways to get the menu options to show in RunningAhead, but it works. Good luck.

qotd: yeah we’ll watch, DW is making turkey chili too!!  Yum.  Queen we may show up with a pot of chili in hand.  Just hope it’s a good game, just a couple of young Texas quarterbacks playin’ a little ole game.

tbd.

14 today, including a few miles with a couple RBs.  I miss running with people.  It was nice to catch up.  They both have goal races later this year so we all agreed to get together more often.

QOTD: Unlikely.  I don't care about either of the teams that are playing.  Might put it on the radio while doing chores.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

4 miles today on a gorgeous Winter's day!  Tiny Elvis racked up 8 miles yesterday snowshoeing- another very nice day, 10 degrees at the trailhead in the morning, but all the way up to 35 degrees when we finished

qotd: yup going to watch even though I thought the Bills had a shot this year; going to root for the Eagles- don't like Kansas (probably due to their snatching a playoff win over the Bills last season with seconds to go!)

2024 goal 2024 miles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

runtraildc

Got in about 4 this morning with Chowder and the coffee shop group. All pavement, but it was a nice morning out for a run so no complaints. Installation of the dishwasher did not go well, but to no fault of DH. It was defective so back to the store. Problem is, most models are still backordered. Ugh. Should have gone out for another run, or at least a creek walk.

qotd: I'm not really sure who's playing, so there's your answer. For those watching, hope your team wins.

XtremeTaper

Baker and I ran about 6 yesterday at the Birdsboro Watershed. Slightly better than the usual plod. Trailhead was packed with mountain biker but only saw a few groups. We will do something similar later this morning. Maybe mix it up and do some of the more rustic trails instead of our normal route.

QOTD: Yes, I always watch regardless of team. Pulling for the Eagles in a close game. I've lived outside Philly it seems forever now so sort of an Eagles fan but by no mean die-hard like the locals or like I am with the Browns or Buckeyes. Suspect there will be fireworks and yelling if they win tonight. It was like that a few years ago when they beat the Patriots.

White chicken chili, chips and peppers with queso dip is the food plan. Beer of course. Have a good selection from Devils Backbone brewery. Sort of a recent new find.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

NorthernHarrier

Wild horse eh? More like beating a dead horse in my case.  We are now into our 3rd day of rain. Not supposed to rain today but it's drizzling right now. 40mph gust too. Was gonna run the beach down around the point of the island at low tide but we'll see now. High wind and sand can be painful. Did do 4 sandy trail miles in the rain yesterday anyway.  And it's still a good day regardless.

QOTD--May stream it, probably. Don't really care who wins, maybe KC. If I had to predict I think Philly wins.

Eats--quesadilla, rum concoctions.

Sandy-2

Actually got up early this morning and did 12 miles.  I was going to do 10, but it was so nice that I stretched it out a little.  Felt effortless in the mid-30s temps. I was going out over the causeway just as the sky was getting a little lighter with a tiny bit of red on the horizon over the lake, then on the way back the sun was starting to peak over the horizon.  Just one of those great mornings.

tbd.

LB2

Holy shit. I hope race day is like today. Today was one of the smoothest, easiest runs I have had in years. I ran the 20 miles in 3 hours and 30 minutes and had to force myself to back off. Maybe I "smelled the barn". Anyway, the hay is in the barn, and I sat on my lawn mower and drank 4 IPA's after the run. Not much I can do in the next 18 days; it is what it is!! But I feel confident that I can at least finish the damned thing.

You can remind me of my buzzed post later, but I think I am going to run the 50K next year. This was going to be my last "event", but it may just be my last 100 mile event. But, then again, maybe it isn't.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

4 miles with DW and Tiny Elvis- temps in the 20's but with 0 wind and sun shining, felt warm! 

2024 goal 2024 miles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

runtraildc

Ran our very local 5k with the running club this morning. It was hilly, and the intensity per mile, not so fun. But still, good to support the local race (part of my membership) and thankfully the distance so low, it's over quickly. Now the rain has moved in and it's a clean house kind of day.

Thinking of making white chicken chilli, too. I got a new recipe from the grocery store and it was very tasty (of course, with my modifications-- More beans and corn).