Trailer Trash

The Saturdailies (Read 30 times)

Marley and I only ran three miles of trail this morning, but it was a hard effort. We climbed 4 sides of the high point of the section where we were running and there was a few inches of mostly untracked snow. It was a little warmer than it has been but still felt cold due to the wind. Still all in all a pleasant run.

QOTD:  Do you play a musical instrument?  I am learning to play the guitar.  I figured it was a good retirement project and two week in I am enjoying it.   It seems to put Marley to sleep.  I played clarinet as a kid, but didn't practice and played poorly as a result.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Birdwell

Morning Folks! Getting ready to head out the door and tackle Angels Landing in Zion NP with the 7 y.o. (5 miles with 1500' elevation gain)

This should prove rather stressful, but very rewarding in the end. I'll tack on another 5 or so sometime this afternoon.

QOTD: Guitar and I can fake my way through some things on the piano.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning Trailers!  Headed out for 15 miles in the hills, the trails are a treacherous combo of snow and ice so the Micropikes will be worn the entire route

birdwell- have fun w/ your daughter, looking forward to checking Angel's Landing out this Spring

qotd:  I had a banjo in college (a long, long time ago Smile)- because it's tuned open to G, I had to learn only two cords to be able to play a few songs- albeit not very good

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

moonlightrunner

Maybe some miles tonight I work until 230 then heading to a party to welcome my son home from Afghanistan! It will be the first time seeing him in just over a year! Best birthday present ever!

Qotd: I played the flute and oboe in high school...nothing now.  I would love to play the piano...but have no patience and no piano.

Qotd2: due to lack of a trail half around the time I need one...i am co sidering a road hm . Do i have to run roads whike i train? If so...how much? I hate roads!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Sandy-2

10 miles this morning.  A bit chilly for us, 30*.  Legs are still sluggish, need more down time.

qotd 1: I can play a few chords on the guitar, but it's been a while.  I played French Horn many many years ago in my elementary/jr high/high school days.

qotd2: no.

tbd.

muppy

Try for 6 tonight after work unless it starts snowing and I'm stuck at work to shovel snow all night!

QOTD As a kid I played the tuba (never practiced it though) until the band director called my mom and suggested I put my talents toward something else!

QOTD 2 I'd say no, I run wherever i feel like running, but I don't take myself to seriously either.

Uh oh... now what?

Short meaningless meander... thought of warm dry places...

QOTD:  I have no musical skills, really wish I did.  Kewl to take up the guitar.

NorthernHarrier

Heading out now for another bout with the Wi. winter. 8F right now and dropping with winds to 38mph. Thought I'd check in just in case you never hear from me again you can call the authorities. Looking forward to Monday when our hi will be -9F. For a hi. And that's before we talk about wind. Hee-ha.  Poor Queen, heading home to Northern Michigan for that. Yeah the winter weather here is a topic no matter who you talk to around here. It's just been way bad this season, never seen it like this in Southern Wi. 

QOTD 1--No musical stuff for me ...maybe air guitar.

QOTD 2--If you are just messin' around or want a long supported training run then NO. Have fun.   As we talked in the past around here I do feel if you are trying to bust a fast road race I do feel you need road miles as part of the plan. But it sounds like you just want to relax and run so there are no rules and we're allowed to break them anyway. Enjoy.

Daydreamer1

A rest day for me due to working a 24 hour shift. However I'm so sore I don't know if I'd want to run. Yesterdays gym workout caught up to me in a big way. Guess this shows that I need to get there more often. After doing hard intervals on the TM, lifting, and rowing 2000 meters, everything hurts today.

Moonlightrunner: Glad to hear that your son made it back safely!!!

QOTD 1: I taught myself to play some on the piano. I used to be fairly decent but haven't really did much with it in the past 6-7 years so I would need to start with the basics again.

QOTD 2: Depends on what you want to get out of it. If you want a good finish then you should probably run some roads, if you don't care it doesn't matter. It also may depend on the type of trails you run. If they are not very technical where you can run for 8-10 miles without hiking then it will be different then if you have to hike a lot. One of our local trail runners who is pretty good claims that he doesn't do so well on nontechnical trails because he doesn't run roads so he never gets used to sustained running.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

The Winter Trail Half Marathon near Indianapolis has been postponed, which I am quite happy for as I wasn't going to be able to head up there this afternoon and run it. They're hoping to set the date to February 15, even though I have a 7k race that morning I want to head up to this one and run it as well.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

6.2 miles on snowshoes with Bella at Blue Mound State Park.  The woods helped block the wind a little, but my hair still froze because apparently I sweat more on snowshoes.

QOTD:  Not really.  I played piano as a kid and now can strum a few chords on a guitar, but that's about it.

Running is dumb.

LB2

10 easy ones today.

QOTD 1: I used to mess around with the guitar. I thought I was better than anyone else thought I was, and I didn't think I was very good. So, I must have been absolutely horrible.

QOTD 2: No.

LB2

jonferg67

Endless trails

Afternoon folks,

I did 12 trail miles in the snow. I got to the trailhead and realized i only

brought one microspike, luckily didnt really need them. My right foot was

numb the whole time, gotta figure out whats wrong with it.

moonlight: good for you, and son.

qotd: No instrument. That wouldve been my answer yesterday if i had

checked in.

moonlightrunner

The Winter Trail Half Marathon near Indianapolis has been postponed, which I am quite happy for as I wasn't going to be able to head up there this afternoon and run it. They're hoping to set the date to February 15, even though I have a 7k race that morning I want to head up to this one and run it as well.

Did they cancel due to the temps? Bummer. This winter has just been brutal.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Yeah, can't look up the forecast at 6 PM now but up there right now it is 12 degrees with a wind chill of -2, winds at 12 mph. It was actually saying a lot worse this morning... but again I am glad they canceled because I wasn't going to be able to go. Hopefully I can go if it is set to February 15.

Did they cancel due to the temps? Bummer. This winter has just been brutal.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)