Trailer Trash

Thorough Thursday (Read 17 times)

LB2

A really quick run this morning. Running felt fast, and it was pretty fast. I ran the 2.5 mile loop in 20:30 in the dark. I am a pretty good night runner, but this was just the right amount of push for this morning. A cool front passed through here last night with a vengeance, violent lightning: lights blinking, had to reset the AC... My greatest fear is that the AC goes out. It has happened, and I have been lucky. I know at some point I am going to have to replace those units. I hope I can get a few more years out of them. Anyway, the "cool front" just knocked the humidity down a little, not much. And the temps were barely changed. I'll take anything I can get right now. This week has been one of the worst of the year.

QOTD: What is the month you dread the most based on the weather?

I would say it has to be August. The heat is just about unbearable, even before daylight. This year has not been as bad as the last few, but we have had a rough week with dew points in the mid to upper 70's.

LB2

Sandy-2

Last night I went for an easy MTB ride to the store and back.  This morning I did an easy 2 mi run. My calf was a little better this morning but still not 100%.  I hate being on injured reserve!!! 

qotd: Same weather as LB2, bike ride last night wasn’t too bad after the t-storms blew through. I hate August for the same reasons as LB2.

tbd.

dhuffman63

Trails

I did 2 miles on the indoor track at the fitness center at lunch yesterday then took care of the horses when I got home.  A coworker wants to walk at lunch so I'll go with her for a mile (that's all she does) and then do the TM tonight.  I broke down and bought a pair of Hoka Bondi 6's.  No wonder I don't have any money...lol.

qotd: March.  Weather is so unpredictable and spring break we normally have an ice storm plus I hate the cold.

10 miles last night, rest day today.

QOTD: Can’t say that I dread any particular month. Our weather in coastal NorCal is pretty mild.  Rarely very hot or cold. Looking forward to getting some rain later in the fall.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Planning an easy run-walk this afternoon after I post the Day 4 update for Six Days in the Dome.

qotd: January or February.  I'm not sure which has the worst weather but after thunder and lightning, severe cold and wild chill are about the only weather related things that keep me from running since I don't run on TMs.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K, 9:11:09
                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

runtraildc

No run for me today. Taking another test day after Sunday and Tuesday's long miles. Did some yoga last night for the legs and feet, and they're feeling better today. Any NPR nerds? We're heading to see a taping of Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me tonight. Chef and humanitarian Jose Andres is the special guest. Very excited to see this.

qotd- July, closely followed by the first three weeks of August. (End of the month is usually better).

AT-runner

Tim

Spent the morning watching a crew drill holes on my business property for soil samples. There is a gas station next door and new buyer's bank wanted environmental study. What a waste of time and money. Anyway, preliminary tests were all negative but it will take 2 weeks to get lab testing back. 

Heading out for a run now. I hope to burn off some steam.  Did bike intervals last night and man can I feel the burn in the legs. I used to race bikes.  I'm a long way off from that now, but it's fun to pretend.

QOTD:  July around here. Getting hot and steamy and the "Tourons" come into town for the reenactment.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Gator eye

10 this morning, felt pretty chilly out. A hot shower felt pretty good afterwards.

QOTD:  a tie between Jan or Feb. both are bitter cold amd its hard to do anything including staying warm

XtremeTaper

Just gym stuff today and walks with the Lady. I did get in about 5.5 last night out at Coventry Woods. It was a typical slog. LOL, I need a new sport!

Well, the adoption of Casper the GSP fell through. The adopters took him back to his foster mom. We are going to see him tonight!!

QOTD: January or March? Tough one. January you expect it to be cold and dark but March teases us here with cold gusty winds and lingering winter even with the added daylight. I think January though. February is much the same as January but I typically find myself in FL for a week or two and that eases the pain of that dark cold month.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

AT-runner

Tim

Well, the adoption of Casper the GSP fell through. The adopters took him back to his foster mom. We are going to see him tonight!!

Awesome !!!   Good luck.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

strength trained yesterday evening (90 degrees Sad)

8 miles this morning on the trails with Tiny E- two "good" climbs in the loop, both a little over 500' in a 1/2 mile- tip toe steep Smile

qotd: toss up between July and August; another week and we cool down to normal temps (~ mid 70's) so says the weather folks

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √