Trailer Trash

weekender (Read 20 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

well Friday the 13th might have got us; I was all packed ready to go (to Missoula) waiting for DW to get home- she gets home and says the low pressure light is on

sure enough it was down to 20-ish lbs (vs the 30-ish lbs it should be); didn't think it was a huge deal and air the tires up and then I saw this Sad

called Tirerack as that was where I got the tires and they include a 2 year road hazard; evidently through a 3rd party, where any repair is reimbursed

I was concerned where the nail was, as it was close to the shoulder and these are Y speed rated (186 mph) and they are extra fussy on repairs (rightfully so).  Had to wait about a half hour before the tech came out and told me that they couldn't repair the tire due to the location of the puncture.  Got ahold of the third party road hazard folks, they had to talk to the tech as it calls for a full replacement tire, got the go ahead from them to order the tire.  Of course no one has this tire, so it had to be ordered.  Had him put 40-ish lbs of pressure in the bad tire and limped home.  So much for our trip to Missoula.

Soooo... will hit the trails around here, probably with the weighted pack.

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

Did 13 mi in the pre-dawn hours this morning to keep the 13 thing going. It was a full moon too.  A little cooler, but of course humid, but it felt pretty good.

Now easing into some chores, a bit of shopping, and hopefully a nap later.

mt - bummer about the nail. Couldn’t they plug it as a temporary measure until the replacement gets there.  You could take it slow, like keep in around 100 mph. 

tbd.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

mt - bummer about the nail. Couldn’t they plug it as a temporary measure until the replacement gets there.  You could take it slow, like keep in around 100 mph. 

I tried; told them I'd keep it under 120 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

runtraildc

Got in 6 this morning. A fast 5k with long hills (our course was in the neighborhood where the XC team does it's hill workouts). The  another 3.5 with the saturday group. All pavement, and more pavement tomorrow, but alas, such is life sometimes.

qotd: Our old subaru got two nails in the tire this summer, only a few weeks apart. One ended up in a new tire, thankfully the second one wasn't as bad and a plug fixed it.  That tire pressure light idirectly affects my blood pressure.  One of our old cars had a sensor fail in it's last few months. I hated seeing that light and avoided driving that car.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Tiny E and I got out for 5 miles- one of us packing 45 #, the other 0 Smile

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

moonlightrunner

Good thing you have Tiny E to do all the heavy lifting! What a good dog!

Tiny E and I got out for 5 miles- one of us packing 45 #, the other 0 Smile

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

7 enjoyable miles at tempo pace - rain clouds lingering above, it was getting darker, but no rain.

QOTD: I think I never had a flat tire from a nail - or wait, maybe once, when I lived in an area where they grow hops.

The only recent two flats happened more than 3 years ago, because my ex-husband deflated the tires.

Jamie: how did the trip and the volleyball game go?

Run for fun.

moonlightrunner

It has been a great weekend for anyone who loves moonlit runs! I think running in darkness is what my mojo needed to reignite. I took some great pics during my two delightfully solitary runs. It is a bit startling when I see glowing eyes looking at me as I run down the trail...so far none of those eyes belonged to Bigfoot or Freddy Kreuger, so it's ok.

Bummer about the canceled trip, Warden.

I have had numerous flat tires due to nails, and one where they found a doorknob was the culprit.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

AT-runner

Tim

Nice run this morning on a loop with some AT thrown in.  Bouldering section after a long climb up to Sunset Rocks.  Felt pretty good most of the run, and no rattle snakes, which is rare for Sunset Rocks.  We saw one really grumpy section hiker on the AT.  He told me I shouldn't be running on the AT and should respect it.  I was polite and said you can run and be respectful (I didn't tell him what I wanted to say since DW was still behind me and had to pass him).  When she got to him, he didn't more at all for her to get by.

Now yesterday was a bust.  Woke up to light rain, and checked 3 different weather apps.  Looked like we had a nice window of opportunity per all 3 apps. So we went to the trails and set off.  Not even 1/2 mile in and "boom" thunder and lightning.  I stopped to check radar (again) and had an alert that said "lightning 5 miles away".  We were heading up to a ridge, so decided to head back and be safe. As we were nearing the truck, all hell broke loose and with rain and "boom" "boom" "boom".  When I got in the truck, I again checked radar and it said "lightning near".  No shit radar.  We tried to wait it out, but another cell was popping up, so we drove home.  Did a few TM miles and watched football. Not what I had planned. 

Warden - I've had a few nails and some sharp rocks in my tires (had one 2 weeks ago), but luckily I've always been able to just patch them.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

the good news on the tire is that I ordered another one on tire rack ($139 vs $187 locally) and just had to give the warranty place my order number and they approved it over the phone and will be sending me a check for $139

4 mile hill workout with Tiny E and DW; definitely tougher with 45 extra lbs on your back

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Had to remind myself that I'm in taper mode and limited myself to 4.6 miles today.

Glad to hear TE doesn't have to carry the #45 on that hill workout.  That 35d party for the warranty must love you saving them all that money.

Stalking the weather for next weekend.  Doesn't really mean anything for Edgewater Park, Cleveland, since the weather can change to anything without notice, but it looks warm and sunny.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K, 9:11:09
                              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Bike commute to work, then bike ride to the Tussey Mountain Constitution Day festival with DS. It was fun, we had ice cream, listened to some live music, then rode home by the golf course, where we took some nice pictures. All in all 30 bike miles with some good elevation, no run today.

wc: Don't let the taper madness get you! I hope the weather works out better for you than it did for AT yesterday.

moonlight: Yes, it was full moon (or almost). I rode to work by bike at 4 am, and it was very bright. Loved it!

warden: That looks steep. I have learned that if it looks steep in a picture, it is REALLY steep! You took the picture before you loaded up the pack, right? 

AT: Just scary. I got caught in a storm that was about similar to what you describe on a bike ride with the kids, on our camping vacation. There was no place to hide, so we kept riding through the rain and storm, and I got actually hypothermic, despite riding at quite an effort. Not a great experience, but luckily, the kids were ok.

Run for fun.