Trailer Trash

Foul Weather Mondaily (Read 17 times)

XtremeTaper

Try this one again. Ha.

Mild but pouring rain here this morning, and stronger storms with wind coming later they say. One good thing about the rain is that I took the pool cover off yesterday and need some water to top off the water level so that is happening today for free.

Weekend running, knocked out a 6 mile run with Baker on Saturday on the hills of Coventry Woods. Relatively "crowded" out there. I had to stop and leash Baker half dozen times or more. We did run into a couple out walking a pair of german short hair pointers, Baker's kin. The one was 16 years old and both dogs were rescues like ours. Yesterday, a solo 7 miles out at Green Lane. Ran my "easy" trail loop where the goal is typically 7 in 70 and while I was ahead of the goal most of the time based on my checkpoint times, I just made it under 70 by 6 seconds. I think I slacked a bit somewhere in there. I just run with a plain old watch and use 3 split times to gauge where I am at. Sort of fun. Had several dogs wogs as well so about 10 miles each day.

Pretty busy weekend here between running, errands, and yardwork. Made 3 store trips this weekend, regular grocery, beer store, walmart. Local grocery has put in directional signs for each aisle and one way in/one way out. The aisle things messed up my regular flow/routine.

Not sure of workout plans today. As I mentioned it's pouring. Tried to take the dogs out this morning as the rain did not seem too heavy but the dogs were having no part of that. We went halfway down the block and they both wanted to turn around and go back! Ha. I will get in some sort of strength routine and hopefully a few miles later to keep the streak going.

QOTD: Did you catch SNL from home this weekend?

I did DVR the SNL live from home and we watched yesterday. Like any SNL, good and bad bits. It was interesting seeing the bits stitched together. Most were solo, but they did managed to combine a few. The zoom call and "how low will you go" were the best, the latter definitely had me laughing. I thought it was very creative and mostly watched to see something different.

Nice pics everyone over the weekend. Gatsby, any update on your DH?

In dog beers, I've only had one.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Today will be a rest day for me.  Got in some good weekend miles and lots of yard work.  I am feeling it today.  With the rain and wind plus my body just saying no, I will take it easy. On my Saturday LR, I saw lots of blow downs and of course no one is cleaning up.  It will be interesting to see many more we get after today.

QOTD: I did not see SNL but it's interesting to see how everyone is adjusting.  Off the SNL topic but I thought about the trickle affect ths is going to have.  Even if things open up by summer, there likely won't be any Little League World Series as they are not playing regular Little League this spring.  I am sure there are a ton more examples but that one hit me over the weekend.  And then DW and I have been discussing, with no answers of course, what this is all going to do for summer plan - camps, the township pool, vacation, etc.  No answers but lots of wondering.  Sorry for the long answer, I could have just said no I didn't see it.  

Have a great Monday!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

runtraildc

The torrential rain at dawn has abated to light rain and wind. I managed another 3 miles last night, dogwogging with Chowder, who has taken quite nicely to romping in the stream. Not today though. I'll catch up on my strength work and take it easy while the weather is gruesome. Thunderstorms coming up, apparently.

Jamie-- yeah, lots to think about. DS2 and I signed up for a 5k race at the MN state fair at the end of August. Don't know if it will happen, or if/how we'll  travel, but since it sells out in less than 3 hours, we just went ahead. More in our focus is how schooling fares and his swimming. Summer league starts in 5 weeks (usually) and his current training program has been on break for 3 weeks. He's looking at swimming in college so he needs the meets. But everyone is in the same boat (no pun intended) so it is what it is.

qotd: I usually catch up with it on YouTube and saw a couple of the skits so far. Couldn't finish the weekend update since the zoom audience was very distracting. Larry DAvid/Bernie Sanders was good. And the Bailey Gismert movie reviews was good, but mostly because of her comments about her parents (dad's abs and mom posting on social media).

AT-runner

Tim

Took a TURD yesterday, so will run after I leave work today.  If rain continues, might have to TM it.

We Zoomed our family Easter yesterday. DD#1 has a Pro account so she could control things and we were on for 2  hours. Had 9 different hoses with 18 of us. It was fun. DS and DD#2 played some music for us. DS sang "Teach Your Children", and DW had a nice cry.

XT - DW was all messed up when our Giant did that flow thing. Then she had to go out a different door and said she forgot where she parked. I jump around, so flow pattern wasn't too hard to follow around, but DW has a set way, and it didn't match the arrows.

Montour 24 is still "ON", for end of June, but think that will probably change. Not really ready for it anyway, so we'll see.  Yes, Summer Plans will be very different for most of the US.

QOTD:  NO, but did watch Andrea Bocelli Music For Hope from the Dumo in Milan. Will have to catch SNL. I used to watch it all the time, but every other skit is usually not funny.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

4 miles yesterday with DW and Tiny Elvis, places there was 10”+ of snow

will get a few miles in after work today

qotd: I didn’t, sad but I haven’t seen a SNL in 10-12 years, most of it due to the fact I’m in bed before 10:00 PM every night Smile

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Rain and wind here, too, but I still got in 5.3 miles.  Oddly I didn't see anyone else out there the entire time.

qotd:  I haven't watched SNL in years.  My summer plans include 2 races and a NP trip, but I have doubts that any of them will actually happen with the shutdowns.  Also I'm very leery of air travel, not because of close quarters on the plane, but because of close contact in the airport.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

AT-runner

Tim

FB just told me it was my 5 year Anniversary of my R2R2R run.

Mark (Sue and Jamie know him) and I then next day having a beer after spending 13:49 in the canyon.

Sandy-2

Hi All,  Hope you folks up in the NE are ok with the weather.  That's what I had to deal with down here, but here it was just hot, rainy and humid crap.  Today is really nice so I might run after work today.  We'll see.

Great photos AT, I want to do that soon!!!!

qotd: yes we watched SNL, as usual it was "ok" in spots and not so "ok" in a lot of (most) spots. The best line was the "I've ruined the Zoom" in the working from home sketch.

My 100 up in Colorado is probably still on for mid-September. I was going to do some other events building up to it, but they've all been either cancelled, postponed, or made into virtual events (aka training runs     ).

tbd.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

And I thought our weather was bad

Image may contain: text

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

AT nice Smile. That’s two hours less than I spent in the Canyon 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

AT nice Smile. That’s two hours less than I spent in the Canyon 

That just means you got to enjoy it longer. 

We rested for 40 minutes on North Rim and filled up packs, changed socks (from grit) etc. When we got back to South Rim, Mark was shot, so I ran back to Miwok Lodge to get car to pick him up. I would have walked, but I was so cold that running felt better.  I remember it like it was yesterday. We saw 7 people the whole time, all on our way back.

LB2

I got about 3 miles of hiking done this morning. Yesterday, I did a nice fartlek run. It was too muggy for me to get out and go hunting, but it was a great run.

QOTD: I didn't see SNL. We have been watching Dexter on Netflix. I had heard good things about it, but I never watched until now. We are on season 3.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

That just means you got to enjoy it longer. 

We rested for 40 minutes on North Rim and filled up packs, changed socks (from grit) etc. When we got back to South Rim, Mark was shot, so I ran back to Miwok Lodge to get car to pick him up. I would have walked, but I was so cold that running felt better.  I remember it like it was yesterday. We saw 7 people the whole time, all on our way back.

Yeah that’s it Smile

I honestly wanted to curl up behind a rock on the way back up to the South Rim (was actually pretty good to that point)- I couldn’t eat even though I knew I had to, got sick enough couldn’t even drink. I’m pretty sure an angel found me lying there and picked me up!

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

The hubby and I ran 5 on the coastal run...well run is a loose term since we stop to watch the seals..then climbed around to locate the cave where the sink hole came from.   Then up north and laid in the sun at the beCh the rest if the day.

We have a 09/21 backpack trip planned to bottom of canyon ....with a day hike up and back...so not so stressful....unsure if I want to attend...fir sone reason doesn’t interest me that much.

AT:  I also cried at the thought of Jess crying while her son sang that song. 

Qotd: SNL huh?

FB just told me it was my 5 year Anniversary of my R2R2R run.

Mark (Sue and Jamie know him) and I then next day having a beer after spending 13:49 in the canyon.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

XtremeTaper

Queenie - SNL, Saturday Night Live. For me, when I watch it's more like SNLDVR.

Runtrail - Yeah, I agree with the weekend update. They would have been better served with a generic laugh track. The live laughs were awful, but then again they never had to use that format so I guess it was a learning thing.

Sandy - Ha, "I ruined the zoom" was a good one. Hope your 100 stays on... keep on training.

Dr Jamie - Any word on Laurel Highlands or Oil Creek yet? Laurel Highlands is one of the longest (if not) consecutive running ultras now.

In dog beers, I've only had one.