Trailer Trash

Tiny Fridaily (Read 19 times)

AT-runner

Tim

SRD today.  Early rise tomorrow for a long run. Going to be a hot one, so trying to et out before we melt.

Sandy - forgot to say I also followed the Mongolian Derby. I had joined their FB page and when the race was nearing, started to get updates, so followed by default. looks like a good year. Hope Devan does well at Tevis.

Good luck to George and any other racers this weekend.  Don't we need a few RR's from some of you?

QOTD: Weekend plans?  Trailer finally came, so DS and I are staring the Tiny House build tonight.  He bought $300 worth of tools (don't know why, I have 1 or more of everything) and is very excited. His GF is not as thrilled, but happy for him.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

Another short loop this morning. I think I will do okay for mileage this week, somewhere between 25 and 30 by the end of the day on Sunday.

QOTD: Ball game tonight (football jamboree) where my daughter is cheering for the first time. Longish run tomorrow (10?), and cooking for my in-laws.

LB2

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I was able to sneak in a quick run yesterday after a meeting (Union Canal in Berks county).  It was nice and scenic.  But I saw an image I may never get out of my mind.  After I turned around, near another parking area, an older gentleman began his run and pulled out maybe 10 yards in front of me. He was wearing a t shirt with the arms and half the shirt cut off (think belly shirt).  It was hot out so no big deal.  But then he was wearing, what looked like, booty shorts.  But these looked to be 2 sizes too small.    I was so close to taking a picture on my phone.  It surely would have become a meme.  But I thought better of his privacy.  But I didn't want to run behind him the next 2 miles so I sped up.  It really helped me to have a decent pace so thank you man in the too small booty short.

AT: keep us updated on the build.  Sounds exciting.  I like watching those shows on TV.  Some turn out nicer than others.

QOTD: Getting ready for the school year - kids start back on Monday!!!!!!

Have a great weekend!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Sandy-2

DD and I are currently on the way to California, on a layover in Denver at the moment. Since I’ll be concentrating on crewing I didn’t bring any running stuff on my weekend trip, so no running for a few days.  I don’t think I have taken a trip w/o running stuff in a very long time. Feels good, but I’ll probably start getting antsy soon. Crewing should be a distraction.

AT, thanks for the GL wishes for Devan. GL to wcrunner and anyone else running this weekend.

qotd: see above.

tbd.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

AT - "His girlfriend is not as thrilled" make me chuckle out loud.  Heh.  Congrats!!  That's super exciting.

Jamie - good on you.  (As seen in the other dailies, I couldn't resist taking a photo of Huddle House lady, but then again I was only marveling about her hair, not her booty shorts.)

Good luck to Devan, Sandy!!

QOTD:  Climbing (indoor or outdoor is yet to be determined), maybe some baking, might attempt to do a little easy mountain biking.  It's all up in the air right now.  No concrete plans.

Running is dumb.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

good luck George and Devan!

have to work today Sad  but I did have yesterday off, so Tiny E and I hit the Elkhorns and bagged Casey Peak- 12 miles out and back, with ~4000’ of gain on the way up. weather was perfect, 45 degrees at the trailhead at 7, 65 on our return at 1.

strength train this evening (I’m on a 6 week roll lifting twice a week)

qotd: I think we’re (DW and Tiny Elvis) are going to do the Helena Ridge Trail tomorrow. Sunday need to start getting stuff together for next week- staying in a cabin at Georgetown Lake with DD and family

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

dhuffman63

Trails

We got one hell of a storm this morning...temps dropped to 67...lots of thunder, lightening, wind.  This year has been so weird weather-wise.  We don't typically see rain this late in the summer.

Good luck George.  I want to hear about it as Lean Horse is on my radar.

Good luck to Devan...wish I could be there as that was what got me interested in endurance riding.

It appears my Codee has a rotated coffin bone probably foundered.  It seems all the rain caused the grass to stay green just like in the spring.  As a pony she's prone to founder on spring grasses cause they have a lot of sugar (like diabetics and their feet issues).  In the spring I bring them into the paddock and off the pasture to limit early grass.  Never had an issue this late in the year or I would have brought them in.  Anyway on Monday she'll be going to the vet to stay for a couple of days so they can get good x-rays and put on corrective shoes.

Mandy-when I get up to the WI area you can belay me anytime....should be easy since I'm so small 

AT-we live in a tiny house with the dogs and cats but since we both work full time and there is a lot of outdoor stuff that needs done it's not a problem.  Ours is not mobile though.  It definitely makes you think before buying stuff.

Sandy I want to hear about the crewing for Tevis.  It's got to be different than for WS.

Jamie, holy cow that had to be something to see...or unsee.

LB I'll be lucky to get 5 in this week and that's only if I crack down and "run" on Sat and Sun, perhaps today too.

This is what I thought today’s thread was about.   Sounds like a great weekend in store, warden.

WC, hope your race goes well. Looks like a great trip (after you finally made it there)

Sandy, good luck to Devan!  Hope you both have a great weekend.  If you need anything, I’m just down the road. 

DHuff, poor Codee. I hope she’s feeling better soon.

Mandy, laughed at your pic in the Waffle House thread.  And imaging you covertly taking the shot.

AT, good luck with the tiny house build. My DH always “needs” new tools when starting new projects.

Dr J, few people can/should wear booty shorts.  Sounds like you did not see one of them.

Hi hi to everyone else

QOTD: no big plans. Was going to do one more big week of running, but I might scale back a smidge. Felt pretty beat after 64 last week so I’ll probably run something like 20/10 this weekend.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

So very handsome!!! <3  Pretty sure Tiny E is our official mascot here.  Can't believe he was able to go 12 miles with 4,000ft of gain!  That's impressive!

Running is dumb.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

I guess I left this out. We arrived at the trailhead at 7:00, at 7:01 Tiny E rolled in a bunch of horse shit; after a few hours on the trail and a couple of creek crossings he was pretty well cleaned up. We got back to the trail at 1:00; at 1:01 TE evidently found the same pile and proceeded to roll in horse shit again! 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

XtremeTaper

Day off from running today most likely. A real slog last night. 6 miles out on the local trail, probably the slowest time I've ever recorded for the loop. Now I may have run it slower before but would just turn the watch off. LOL. Last night I was curious how slow it would be. Not sure what the deal was, weather was decent, not really hot or humid for summer, but my legs felt like lead and I had no energy or desire to move from jog to easy run. Oh well. I did run pretty fast the night before so maybe that was it, but still something felt off.

QOTD: Contemplating a "long" run on Saturday or Sunday and a round of golf. The golf is a for sure. If the weather is rain free I will spend a few more hours working on the deck. I have close to 100 spindles left to stain/seal, then the hard part is over and I can move on to the flat/floor surfaces.

Good luck to all our racers, on foot and horseback!

Sandy - I think you will regret not having your running shoes for an easy run during your waiting time. Have fun though!

Dr Jamie - I think I've seen that guy in the past at some PCS races. Egads, or should I say egonads!

AT - So the tiny house is a travel structure not a permanent residence?

In dog beers, I've only had one.

LB2

I guess I left this out. We arrived at the trailhead at 7:00, at 7:01 Tiny E rolled in a bunch of horse shit; after a few hours on the trail and a couple of creek crossings he was pretty well cleaned up. We got back to the trail at 1:00; at 1:01 TE evidently found the same pile and proceeded to roll in horse shit again! 

Some days I leave work and feel like I have rolled in horse shit all day. But, like Tiny Elvis, I must love it because I keep coming back for more.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

AT - So the tiny house is a travel structure not a permanent residence?

XT - Yep, on wheels and can move around by using RV type hook ups for electric and water.   The trailer is specially made for Tiny Homes.

Mandy - his GF is not into the Tiny aspect. She's never been camping but is not opposed. She grew up with LOTS of things and thinks she needs them all.

Gatsby - I thought of Tiny E aslo.

Mike - Tiny E has your smile.

Burke - are LA Cheer parents as competitive as TX Cheer parents?  Enjoy the game. They grow up too fast.

Jamie - Ben started a FB page for progress. I can add you to the page. Enjoy your last weekend before school starts.

Sandy - don't know if I could pack without running stuff. that would be weird. Have fun.

Diane - hows the horse today?

dhuffman63

Trails

AT it was lightening too bad this morning to check so when I get home I'll go up.  Vet gave me some new meds that should work better than the bute for the pain and inflammation.  Have to give her some then.

Oh, and nothing beats mucking stalls for a full body work out.

AT-runner

Tim

Oh, and nothing beats mucking stalls for a full body work out.

Mucking stalls and /or throwing rectangular hay bales. You'd never need a gym membership.