Trailer Trash

Soooooo Cold Saturdaily (Read 40 times)

moonlightrunner

Good morning Trailers!

We are above 0 here for now (not by a lot)....but we have snow and more bitter cold heading this way.  I guess all this winter weather will make me appreciate spring when it gets here.

Planning 7 at the state park before playoffs start.

qotd: Will u watch football today? Who is your favorite team playing today?

I like watching playoffs. I am not bonded with any of the teams playing today...but have hopes Green bay will win.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Occasional Runner

Hello Trailers!!!

I'm heading out now to meet up with a bunch of my friends from our trail running club for a run through Snowbasin this morning. We'll probably do 10ish miles, followed by post run tailgating. It's in the teens this morning and we have a bit of fresh powder and clear skies. Typical winter Utah trail running!

QOTD: I don't follow football but will watch it if it happens to be on a TV in front of me.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

^ we're sitting in the teens as well, w/ about 2-3" of fresh snow- the snow is welcomed as the trails were getting extremely icy

headed out for 12-14 miles this morning

qotd: I don't watch pro football, but am a little crazy when it comes to watching college ball- I was flipping back and forth between the Cotton Bowl and Orange Bowl last night- I'll definitely be tuning in Monday evening

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

A pretty good 20 miler this morning.  The weather was perfect, about 40* and slightly lower humidity than usual. I was running with a guy who is a little faster than I am, so it was a good training run for me keeping up with him.  Now I'll taper it back a little for my marathon in 2 weeks.  I'll see what happens on race day, but I'm planning to "low key" the marathon this year, which means I plan to run a smart very easy first 20 and then press a little over the last 6 miles, but overall not looking for a BQ or PR, just an average time for me.

qotd:  I'll probably watch some football, but there are no NY or TX teams in it this year.  My mom was a huge Green Bay fan (she would go nuts, so funny to watch as a kid) so I might have to root for them.

tbd.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Definitely going Mt Biking later with Hubby...may try to get an itty bitty run in with Earl if I have time.

Weather...it's going to be 60 and sunny.

QOTD: I don't watch football (but no mind watching it either) but kinda partial to green bay.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Working this weekend, as usual, and the bed magnet was just too strong this morning, so I slept in until 6:30. Not sure what the temperature is now, but it was 3 degrees this morning when I was driving to work. Not as bad as I had feared. Now it's a beautiful day, but no day run for me, as DD has a dance this evening, and DH is at work, so.I'm stuck with the kids. We might go out for some headlamp sledding, though, they love that (amd I love it, too!). QOTD: Not a footballfan. Watching Star Wars - The Attack of the Clones right now during my lunchbreak, and my favorite team are the Jedi Knights. Does that count?

Run for fun.

runtraildc

Went to yoga this morning instead of running.  Yesterday's run was ditched, too, and I did a strength workout instead.  Running has been light in the new year, so I'm planning a quick one on the Mall later this afternoon before meeting DH and friends.  I need to register for a few races to get my motivation and plan in order.

qotd:  Not a football fan at all.  Will be browsing the 2014 seed catalogs instead and planning my vegetable seed orders.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Happy Saturday all!

Plan on doing 10-14 around the hood after some errands and before football.  I'll ride the bike and do some push-ups while watching the games which brings me to...

QOTD: E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES.  I've been an Eagles fan my whole life...I'm psyched.

**Ask me about streaking**

sugnim

Good morning all.  There was just a dusting of snow on the ground for a nice 7 miles this morning.  Seems like the rest of the country is getting snow, but we are dry here.  Here's a photo of a frozen waterfall I saw on my run this morning.

QOTD: Football?  Meh.

The pooch and I had a fast 5 mile trail run on the snowy trails.  It warmed up to 33 F today so it was actually a good bit warmer than it has been.

QOTD: No.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

AT-runner

Tim

Happy weekend.  Slept in a bit while waiting for the temperature to get above 10 degrees then went out solo for a 15 mile run on forest roads.  Screw shoes worked great, only one mild slip the whole run.

The snow came down before the reservoir could refreeze but with last night's single digits the water is skimming over.

QOTD:  No team in the fight, so I'll root for the underdogs.  (Grew up in DC area, so life long Redskins fan ).  On a side note, less than 3 months to opening day of baseball.  I enjoy football but I love baseball.  Go Nationals!

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Watoni

Heading out soon for a mellow base run .... we will see how far I go. Fighting some fatigue lately due to long hours at work. Boys and bride have been up skiing in man-made snow at Tahoe since New Years

QOTD: No TV reception here so likely will not watch ....the wild card match-ups seem interesting all around, though

Daydreamer1

Went to the gym and ran seriously on a treadmill for the first time in over a year. I was faster when I regularly ran on the TM. After todays workout I understand why. The TM works you in ways that running outside does not. Hopefully I can continue to get in one TM workout a week along with one long run a week as well. Maybe I can  get my speed back.

QOTD: I won't be watching, but I will be following the Eagles.

NorthernHarrier

First decent and actual run in awhile. Still felt the effects of whatever I had as there were a couple times during the run where I just started sweaty profusely so maybe that was good. Did 13 total but I really ran out of gas around the 10 mile mark. Tough footing but this was our one day reprieve from the bitter cold that will start up again tonight.  I have to research Mandy's raynauds as I'm thinking I may be developing that myself. Not good if you live around here.

QOTD--I love Badger basketball and the NFL. Just may be rooting for the Packers I suppose.  And following the Packer game Badger basketball will be on BTN.  I hold out hope for the Pack tomorrow but I am a realist.....

Sandy-2

Wow, lots of Packers fans. I also think it will be fun to watch the Packers game because it's going to be so freaking cold.

tbd.