Trailer Trash

Bear Friday (Read 30 times)

LB2

SRD, which is actually a URD because I was going to run anyway. My left knee is acting up a bit. Nothing major, but I'll give it that scheduled rest today... maybe.

Good luck to all those Bear 100 runners today. I hope the weather holds out for them.

QOTD: Have you been doing anything new lately in regards to running/training and how is that working out for you?

I have been incorporating a decent amount of strength training the past few months, and I think it has had a positive impact on my overall fitness. I don't have much trouble with those hip flexors and glutes anymore.

LB2

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

Heading out for a few miles. It is still foggy and cool, so I might just run up and down "my" mountain, one of my favorite rain routes. Hearing drops fall through the leaf canopy, and smelling that "wet" scent always makes me forget about everyday hassles.

QOTD: To allow my broken toe to heal up properly, I am running more roads (bike path, gravel and logging roads) these days, and not the technical, steep trails in my area. I enjoy it for the time being, I actually like that change in "scenery". I'll get back to the trails in a few weeks again.

Enjoy the start of the weekend, everyone!

Run for fun.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Forced myself to get out last night.  I have been struggling with motivation lately.  I was able to get in a good 4.75 mi run.  It was nice.  I really enjoy running at night.  So peaceful.

Couch - may that toe be good as new in no time.

GL to lace (and anyone else) at the Bear.

QOTD: New? For me it's new that I am running again.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

XtremeTaper

Last night, after a day of rain showers the evening turned out to be very nice for running. Grey skies, cool, wet damp trails, the smell of wet spruce, damp and earthy, and some colors of fall. Pretty nice you know. Surprised the trailheads were empty. The gsp and I ran 8 miles on the easy side of Green Lane reservoir in these conditions and had the place to ourselves except for the multiple packs of deer.

Today the sun is out and we are going to warm up for the weekend. Should be a nice evening for 8-9 miles out at Coventry woods.

QOTD: Well, I don't really do much speedwork these days other than impromptu tempo out on the trail. I'm also in the midst of a running streak which is getting harder and harder to break. I may try to keep it going until daylight savings time ends. I do sort of structure my weeks these days.. weekday running, shoot for 35-40 miles, weekend 20-30 miles. That's good miles and good base for me. I'm not really racing though, just running. Once the dark months hit I will get back to the gym a few times a week for some weights and swimming. Oh, and I've been seeing a chiro every 2 weeks. It seems to have helped keep my right side hip/back issues in check this year.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Birdwell

Morning folks!

Got in 5 easy late last night.

It was the first time in a month I felt good running. It was a nice change.

QOTD: do new shoes count? I got a pair of Altra insitnct 2.0's (for $6 )

They feel really good especially on longer runs.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

strength training this evening

qotd: I've been running w/ the local ultra club on Wed evening; very humbling while everyone is casually conversing- I'm doing everything I can just to stay close Big grin

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Daydreamer1

SRD due to being at work until tomorrow morning. Things have been busy the past week. Busy enough that I had some time to run and bike but none to really post here, it's all about priorities .  I made the decision several days ago to not sign up for the 50k that I was planning to. My ankle just won't let me get in the type of training I need. I could do it and most likely finish but I don't relish the thought of running hobbling the last 20-25 miles in pain.

QOTD: Balance and ankle strength are my two greatest weaknesses. Several weeks ago I bought a BOSU balance trainer. (It's one of those blue dome things that are often seen at a gym).  If I do a decent workout following the video I will be sore the next morning. Sometimes it's a little frustrating how many times I have to step off to recover. I guess that shows how bad my balance is.  I'm also pretty determined to drop about 10-15 lbs and get stronger at the same time, so I'm going to try to dedicate myself to strength training again.

runtraildc

Planning to get out for 4 miles in a bit, and some strength work at the gym.

qotd:  I realized a few days ago there was 100 days left in the year.  Seemed a good goal to do some form of strength training everyday  for the next 100 days.  I'm on day 6.  The minimum is 100 moves of some sort.  The goal is to do more, definitely, but I've found if I have an easy minimum, I'm much more likely to not quit or cheat on the streak.   I'll report back after New Years on results.

NorthernHarrier

Looks to be an early release today which is always good on a Friday. Heading north of course with the other girl in my life (Cloe). We will do a little bird hunting but it actually looks to be too nice and warm for much of that. Cloe will spend all her time down at the shoreline hunting for minnows. She'll spend hours doing that. I guess I'll just have to trail run and mtn. bike thru all the epic fall color. Looks to be a real tough weekend. 

QOTD-Nothing special. Always mixing things up but at this point in time I think my running goals are maybe a little different than most here. I suppose my changing my intervals to the shorter 300's has had a good effect.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I keep reading this as "Beer Friday."  Seems fitting to snag this emoticon from RWOL.  

I'll be running an easy 4 miles after work.  I need to try and attempt to reign myself back a little.  Just because I *can* run 5 miles now doesn't mean I should be doing it for every run.

And I'll just steal Jamie's answer.

QOTD: New? For me it's new that I am running again.

Running is dumb.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

9+ miles through wonderful fall weather. Missed out on the fog (the top of the mountain was still shrouded by clouds, but they had dissolved by the time I got there), but it was just warming up in the sun, and the leaves start changing colors, so it was really pretty out there.

I am amazed at how fast I currently seem to be. No clue what exactly is the reason for the speedup, as I've been slacking with my running this month. I have not logged a single run, but I have been running somewhere between 25 and 45 miles per week - just fun runs, no specific goals.

Homecoming parade on my schedule this evening, so the boys and me are going to watch DD play in the marching band, trying to hold up against PSU's Blue Band (180+ members in the High School MB vs 300+ members in the blue band). Now where are those ear plugs again? Just kidding. I love marching bands!

Run for fun.

Sandy-2

Got up and ran 5 miles this morning.  Pretty good, but a bit humid.

qotd: I have been cutting back on the miles for the past few months.  Just needed to do less miles, recover from my long runs this summer and take it easy during the hot months down here. Plus needed to concentrate on my upcoming move.  It seems to be working well.

tbd.

Watoni

SRD since I will be attempting a double century on the bike tomorrow.

QOTD: Running! In July/August I forgot what that was all about due to injury/work Next weekend will be interesting indeed.

Go Bear runners!

bubba hotep

Got in 4 easy BF miles this morning.  Legs were feeling good but no time for anything more with family coming in town.

QOTD - I've been hitting gym as well and working in squats and deadlifts.  Really have been focusing on hammering the core and strengthening my hamstrings and glutes.

And then there was blog

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Bubba I love your avatar Smile

Bella and I wound up with 4.2 miles on the rail to trail.  I'll take it.

Running is dumb.