Trailer Trash

Warming Wednesday (Read 37 times)

Well, the high is 24 here today, which is better than the high yesterday!  I'll run on the treadmill at lunch, out of convenience more than the temperature. I did manage to run 4 miles in the negative wind chills last night. I wore my ski jacket , a face mask and 2 pairs of running tights. The jacket was definitely overkill but I needed it later in the night after my volleyball game.

QOTD:  Are you a skiier, snowboarder, both or neither?

I am a snowboarder. Just booked a 5 day trip to Vermont for next month for a really low price, and I am so excited!!

runtraildc

Morning!  I'm still figuring out my run today, but it'll be about 5 miles, hopefully before sunset so I can enjoy the rays.

T&C:  that's quite the get up, but whatever it takes...

qotd:  skier.  And this winter is looking up to be a good year!  We'll get in a few days down here for skiing, and maybe a long weekend in February in NH/VT (where sister lives).

moonlightrunner

I am not sure if I am running today. It is still very cold here. On Sunday I decided to go to my local trail to go for run #2 that day. It was near blizzard conditions. Got stuck at the trailhead pulling in. Some really nice guy with a truck and a chain pulled me out. Leaving to go home it fishtailed uncontrollably over 20mph. Two bent rings...whatever the hell they are....500 dollars for a run I never got to go on. If you look up "stupid" you will see my picture. I won't be going to any trailhead until they get this crap cleaned up. I am sick of winter. I hate my new job....I think I have a case of the winter blues...I need to go for a run.

qotd: I don't ski...pretty sure I would fall and break something.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning Trailers,

Good Morning Ladies!

Getting ready to beat the heat, 9F already, and warming up. Feels nice and just right, after yesterday's -9 plus some wind chill down to -37.

I ate a bit too much at yesterday's employee holiday party at work, (I know, it was that extra piece of cheesecake, after the party, cheesecake after having had meat never does me good), so now I'm getting ready to head out on an "empty" stomach.

School was delayed 2 hours this morning, so we're a bit late in my household.

T&C: Looks badass!

traildc: I admire your braveness and stubbornness on getting your runs in, almost daily, despite your crazy schedule!

moonlight: You snuck in on me - sorry to hear about the banged up car, but at least you are still in one piece and good. I found out yesterday what it is that causes that winter blues: Loss of egg nog after the holidays, no more cookies, turkey overload, no more cranberries,...

Maybe a run will help, though.

QOTD: Skier (downhill and cross country). I tried a snowboard once, down a halfpipe-like pile of snow, and landed hard on my behind, DD laughing for hours after watching me.

Run for fun.

sugnim

Good morning all.  I got in a short but nice 4 miles after work yesterday.  Today, I won't have an opportunity to run, so it's a rest day by default.

QOTD:  Neither, really.  I have some x-country skis that I like to get out on whenever I can, but that isn't too often.  This year, it seems that our town is the only place in the country that doesn't have any snow!  Last year at this time, the snow in our driveway was up to my shoulders; this year, we are lucky to get a powdered sugar dusting of snow once in a while!

AT-runner

Tim

Hoping to have time at lunch for a quick run.  Had a pipe burst in kitchen last night.  I had faucet turned on but DD #2 who is home from college came in late last night and turned it off.  Now I get to pull out some cabinets to find the leak.  I usually love my 110 year old old house until something like this happens.

QOTD:  Long time ski guy.  My kids all went to the dark side (snow boarding) yeas ago, but they all started on ski's.

T&C - where are you going.  We love Okemo and Stratton.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Sandy-2

Hi Everyone.

Warmer and rainy here today.  I'm going to the gym at lunch for some long-neglected core stuff.  I also plan to do 5mi after work tonight.

qotd: I've done some downhill skiing and I went cross country skiing once.  It's been a while though.

tbd.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I am working on my zero miles plan for year 2014 and so far so good.  Who would have thought that 24 deg. would feel so good!?!

QOTD: Not a skiier but I have thought about investing in x-country skiis but unsure if I would get enough use.

Have a great day.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

The pooch and I had a nice fast 4 mile trail run. I am pretty sure it was a personal record pace for that distance and type of terrain.  The 17 F temperature felt balmy compared to yesterday.

QOTD:  I have not done so in a while, but have downhill and XC skied in the past.  I have no interest in snow boarding.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Hoping to have time at lunch for a quick run.  Had a pipe burst in kitchen last night.  I had faucet turned on but DD #2 who is home from college came in late last night and turned it off.  Now I get to pull out some cabinets to find the leak.  I usually love my 110 year old old house until something like this happens.

QOTD:  Long time ski guy.  My kids all went to the dark side (snow boarding) yeas ago, but they all started on ski's.

T&C - where are you going.  We love Okemo and Stratton.

Stratton! It's definitely one of my favorites in VT. Best for my skill level at least, black diamonds that are not too moguly or crazy steep, and there are so many long trails! I'm going to spend a day at Mount Snow too. Also a good one, but I don't love it as much as Stratton.

My fiance is actually going to be at Okemo for a week right before I head up there with a "boys trip", I'm going with my girlfriends.  We'll pass each other on the highway, I presume. 

Killington and Stowe are also killer mountains. Love Vermont!

Low_O2

Hello all.

Had a nice 8 mile stroller pushing, tempo type run last night. Hopefully get out for some miles this evening.

QOTD: Snowboarder, although haven't been out much the last few years. I have done downhill and cross country skiing in the past and would really like to get set up with some alpine touring/back country ski gear to explore the back country when it's buried in snow.

Chnaiur

Doing intervals later today. Probably 1 minute on, 1 minute off for 15 reps.

QOTD: Passionate skier! I like to hike up and ski down.

Got eight days in this far, and heading to Japan for a week of skiing in Feb. Its snowing every day there, so I'm really looking forward to it.

Also doing a multi-family trip to Lake Tahoe over MLK weekend. It is awesome to see that my kids (3 and 5) are really getting into skiing this year.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

Occasional Runner

I just got back from previewing the 50k course that I'm running this weekend. It's a pretty awesome trail with one MAJOR climb and a lot of rolling single track. I had a blast but was pretty slow.

QOTD: Neither and no regrets.

jonferg67

Endless trails

Got out this morning for 4 miles in frosty temps, it only hurt for a

few minutes, good thing I have a high tolerence for pain.

QOTD: Niether, but I have slid down some hills in the snow during runs.

Chnaiur

I've been thinking how funny it is that it is still 60F here in the Bay Area. This summer most of you had 100-degree weather, and now you have -40. I still have the same lukewarm fog...

This commentary made me laugh

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k