Trailer Trash

Day After Mom's Day (Read 20 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

It's Monday, it sucks.  It rained all day yesterday.  Been MIA for a while, sickness hit and hit hard.  I finally get cleared to run and then this.  So still haven't run.  Still not feeling myself today so unsure if it makes sense to keep waiting.

Tried to get caught up on dailies here quick.  Sue is finally retired? Sandy is still out travelling. Other still plodding along.

QOTD: Do you have anything you have your eye on to purchase - maybe something big or something just out of your reach that you really want to get?

I have bene eyeing four door jeeps for a while.  It's just not a practical purchase right now.  Maybe in the next couple of years though.

Have a great Monday!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

dhuffman63

Trails

Hi Dr Jamie!  I spent the weekend doing anything but miles, back was hurting even after the massage.  She's added cupping and that feels weird but good.  Back feels better today so maybe something later.  I only have 12 days til the 56k so I'm sure it's going to be painful given the total lack of training.

qotd: Retirement.  I keep putting about 1/2 my salary into retirement accounts so hopefully 10 years.  I want to move somewhere there are trails to explore, fun classes to take, maybe even make a few friends.  DH is 8 years younger so he may not be ready when I am.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

those 4 door Jeeps are a nice looking vehicle Smile

we made a scouting trip into the Bob Marshall this weekend; went in Friday night and out Saturday late- had to hike 5 miles on the road to get to the trailhead due to snow

mid elevation snow was deeper than we expected, especially in the timber- we were in a lot of 4’-ish snow below 6000’, that’s a major slow down on pace and a huge energy sucker

we ended up with a little over 20 miles Saturday (13-ish on snowshoes) with a lot of gain

probably take Tiny Elvis for 4-5 miles after work

qotd: I’m looking at a $500-ish shelter pretty hard, they’re not in stock right now, but will probably pull the pin when they’re back

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

dhuffman63

Trails

Your stories about running/hiking with your dogs have me thinking about maybe taking one of mine with me.  I'm looking at harnesses cause I don't trust just the collar right now.  I know they'd all like to go but I can handle maybe 2 at best.  I may end up taking each separately at least for short distances.  The pit cross could do lots more once I get him conditioned.  I'm looking at the dog boots too as we'd be on the gravel road and I don't want to hurt his paws.  What if anything do you all do?

Daydreamer1

I agree Dr. J,  yesterday sucked, today sucks. Pouring rains both days even when the weatherman said the rain has moved through. Today the flippin' pagers just won't quit going off and the patients are ............................Oh forget it, on to better thoughts, how about running .

Which leads me to this. My, my how the mighty have fallen.  This past weekend was a year since Montour 24 where I did 62.9 miles. Yesterday I went out and stuck to the roads so there was no mud. Ended up with 9.1 miles and I was whooped . Guess I really should run more.

Hoping to get in 2-3 miles of walking laps in the garage today, but if the pager doesn't quit going off that will never happen.

Yesterday I sat in  Church next to the hottest 62 year old in the building. In fact she was hottest one there.  This morning I woke up next to her and she was 63 years old so I pulled her ears then gave her 6.3 kisses .  It's amazing how much better she looks then a lot of people in their 40's and even their 30s.

Dr J - Which Jeep are you looking at?  Our Santa-Fe has almost 200k on it and is starting to show it's age so we are starting to look and the Jeep Grand Cherokee is high on our list.  Really wish I could afford one with a big engine and the off road package, but alas it will probably be a more basic one.

DHuff -  DW and I are trying to work through retirement plans as well. In three years, four months from today she will be at full retirement age but I'll still be 10 years away from my full retirement age.

QOTD:  My new bike took all of my discretionary money.  That means I had to skip some gun sales recently  .

The next big thing for me to spend on is my teeth. Damn things are getting out of line. Not sure what I'll be doing with that yet.

AT-runner

Tim

Going to walk tonight on TM.  Power walk time = 6 miles at 4.3 mph.

Had to turn on pellet stove last night to get chill out of house. 42* right now and pouring rain.  Will be a chilly run tomorrow morning, but rain is supposed to stop.

Jamie - go for a run, you'll feel better (said in enabler tone of voice)

dhuff - never had the cupping. How long did the marks last?

Warden - Damn.  The Bob will be epic this year. Would love to retire and join you on that journey sometime.

Dreamer - Happy birthday to the Mrs.

Gatsby (from weekend) - where in Ireland was your vacation home?

Sandy (weekend) - any election crap going on near you when you were in India?  Cool running in London sounds nice.

QOTD:  looking for a trailer to build a Tiny House on for DS.  20' range with twin 7000# axles.  This will be our summer project.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

NorthernHarrier

A calm lake, a warm, and sunny morning so a large amount of coffee in an oversized mug and out in a canoe I went. Awesome way to start a day. Yup, retirement really does work out nicely.   Spent the rest of the morning planting a couple apple trees and building a fence around them for the deer. Gonna be heading out shortly for just an easy 4 miler on a real pretty trail I frequent and after that it's time to take the mountain bike over to my trail system where the riding is superb. They just opened them up this weekend. Late, late spring up here.

QOTD--Just another springer here not that far off. That will set me back $1200-1500.  Not sure when we'll do that though.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

qotd: I’m looking at a $500-ish shelter pretty hard, they’re not in stock right now, but will probably pull the pin when they’re back

The gear obsession...it never ends!  Now what are you looking at?

Love that first photo, by the way!  Damn.

Running is dumb.

LB2

Until this morning, I hadn't run since Wednesday morning of last week. It has been non stop rain since then. This morning I awoke to clear skies and a temp in the low 60's. I ran an easy loop and dodged as much mud as I could.

QOTD: I got a promotion and a raise last week. Oddly enough, I also didn't get paid on Friday. There was a "glitch". Anyway, they are cutting me a paper check tomorrow; luckily, I have money in the bank and no automatic drafts that might be an issue. I guess the only thing I am looking at possibly buying would be a left hand bolt rifle in either .308, 7mm-08, or 6.5 Creedmore. I am leaning toward the 7mm-08 because I have more ammunition for that gun than I will ever shoot. The left hand bolts are a little more expensive, but not enough to make much difference. However, I don't want to spend one penny on a right handed bolt because it isn't what I need, even though most of the time you are only shooting one shot.

LB2

XtremeTaper

Today is much like yesterday, except maybe colder. Mid 40's with steady rain. Ugh. We did get out yesterday though. Drove down to see my buddy Angus and we took the dogs out for a run in the rain and the slop at Fair Hill, MD. We kept it pretty short, maybe 6 miles. Really wasn't too bad once the wetness settled into you. It was a bit shocking at first. His buddy came with us and wanted to start on the dirt roads to keep out of the muck and we were having none of that.

No run today. Need a day off anyway, so it's a good fit. Did gym stuff at lunch.

QOTD: Forked out $2000 grand for new golf clubs recently. I just got them last week and still haven't used them. Needed to do yard work on Saturday and it's been raining since. Rare for me to spend that much $ on myself but my last golf club purchase was in the last century.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

The gear obsession...it never ends!  Now what are you looking at?

Love that first photo, by the way!  Damn.

Tarptent Aeon Li- one person cuben shelter, kind of a hybrids between single and double wall; the reviews show it to be a solid performer and pretty storm worthy

@dhuffman- I use a harness for Tiny E, keep the leash in my pocket if needed; I think with a little conditioning your dogs won’t have any problem with their feet

I have seen some folks with multiple dogs use some kind of rig that attaches the dogs directly to your body

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Tarptent Aeon Li- one person cuben shelter, kind of a hybrids between single and double wall; the reviews show it to be a solid performer and pretty storm worthy

Sweet!  I like the looks of that one.  I'm still loving my Tarptent Notch Li so far even though I haven't had it out in any bad weather yet.  Just got some new stakes for it recently.

Running is dumb.

dhuffman63

Trails

LOL mt that could be dangerous...I have an Anatolian Shepard that outweighs me.

I was looking at the TT thread and it all sounds cool but I have no camping gear and would hate to buy a bunch of stuff for one trip, plus I'd have to fly in to most anywhere and that would be a hassle.  Hope you all have a great time if you do.

runtraildc

8 miles yesterday in the rain yesterday. The bike trail was completely flooded in many spots, but I had a training group to meet.  Nothing today. I was helping proctor exams at the high school and I want a nap.

qotd: a springer. Yes, seriously, a dog.  I'm in contact with a OH breeder about a nearly 4 month old, so maybe in the next couple of weeks! If this one doesn't work out, hopefully we'll be dog owners by the end of the summer (and yes, DH is still living with me. and he was the one that decided on this 'monther's day present'  (much to the kiddos shock) .

NorthernHarrier

qotd: a springer. Yes, seriously, a dog.  I'm in contact with a OH breeder about a nearly 4 month old, so maybe in the next couple of weeks! If this one doesn't work out, hopefully we'll be dog owners by the end of the summer (and yes, DH is still living with me. and he was the one that decided on this 'monther's day present'  (much to the kiddos shock) .

That's awesome!