Trailer Trash

Thursdaily (Read 17 times)

LB2

I had a really nice run this morning. It was clear and 49 degrees here. I ran 4.25 this morning, and I have about another mile or so of trail work to between zoom meetings at 9 and 2. After that, we are going to look at a neighbor's-down-the-road pool.

AT: Thanks for the response about the pool. I think we are going to seriously consider this.

QOTD: How has the spring weather been in your neck of the woods?

The first half of April was warmer than normal. The second half of April was really very comfortable. Pretty much everything I think about in April is related to wild turkeys. I heard more gobbling this year than I did last year, and last year I heard a lot. I think I hunted 28 days of the 30 day season and heard at least one turkey gobble on 26 of those days. Most days, I heard at least two, and on one day I heard somewhere between 12 and 15 different turkeys gobble. So, the weather this spring has been pretty good overall. The two days I heard nothing were days when I barely even heard a song bird or a crow, warm and muggy. Hopefully, we will have a third consecutive year of good production for those birds.

LB2

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Got in another 10 this morning.  It was chilly (38) but nice as the rain cleared out and bright blue skies.

LB2 - on the pool, do it!

QOTD: Showers, sun and reasonably warm, more showers, cooler, repeat.  It's spring so cannot complain.  The complaining will come soon enough when it's hot n humid.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

XtremeTaper

Hey, it looks like a good weather day today. Sunshine this morning for 2 mile dog wog. Last night we did a short walk with the dogs in the neighborhood. The dogs wore their raincoats. LOL, Baker tolerated it this time. Last time I tried that he refused to budge and tried to shake it off. Seemed to bother him during his poop dance but he figured it out.

Not sure if I will run roads or trails later. I should mow the lawn tonight before the next batch of crappy weather sets in so maybe roads so I have some extra time. THe usual 5 or 6 miles is the plan.

Oh, I decided to bandit the run across Tennessee. Is that possible? Well I am doing it. At mile 37 now. Hahaha.

QOTD: Spring started off pretty nice in March, but April has sucked big time in the weather department. We get one good day a week, then cold rain and wind. I don't mind spring rain but cold northwest winds in April and May. FFFF that. Oh well. My wife calls it good quarantine weather.

LB - In ground or above ground pool? We had ours built in mid 90's. I have a pool view from my office. In the summer all yard work is followed by a swim and sometimes I will do a road run that I call a "dash and splash".

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Sandy-2

I ended up doing 8 after work yesterday, it was about 85 deg but I felt pretty good, went out the 4 mi to the park to see the alligators (saw the little 10' one) and then back. The park had more people than normal.  But then there was this.....   there's a deserted and heavily wooded spot, i.e. hard to get to that also has a new large sandy river bank that was created during the last hurricane and although I didn't go all the way back there I could hear a whole bunch of kids laughing and I could tell they were in the water (it's about 1/2 mile from the spot where the gators hang out).  While I was leaving that area I saw another group heading in, they had a bunch of beer. So much for social distancing.

This morning was a great day for a run, 58 deg, clear, crisp relatively low humidity (85%) super moon going down was really nice and bright. Then later the sun started coming up completed the celestial movements.  I did a really nice 10 miles.  (In the GVRAT I'm at 64 mi.)

qotd: We've had lows in the 40s and highs in the 90s. Unfortunately our averages are trending towards the upper end of the range.

tbd.

runtraildc

Morning folks. Got in a short walk last night, and  just returned from a brisker, 5 mile walk with Chowder. Did some work on the quads yesterday and the knee is feeling much better, maybe 85% so I'll wait to run until tomorrow. Almost home and ran into a neighbor, who turns out is recovering from covid along with her husband.  They had it early (March) but they are both older and retired, and husband was hospitalized for almost 2 weeks. She was working in her garden, so the recovery is going well for her, thank goodness.

I like the idea of a pool, but really want a good hot tub instead. Especially when running weather is cold, damp and wintery.

qotd: XT summed it up pretty well for us, too. Today is absolutely gorgeous. Tomorrow, cold and crappy again.

dhuffman63

Trails

Still doing nothing  Supposed to go back to work one day a week starting next Wed.  I was given the option today to stay home a few more weeks cause masks are not mandatory in the building so I'm considering it.  I am getting tired of never leaving the property.

qotd: we've got some f'd up weather...rains 3 or 4 days a week and on others its windy as all get out.  Sat/Sun while sunny have a high of 65 which is unheard of in May.  NWS says there may be snow in the NE of the country.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

strength trained yesterday- gym still closed, so all bodyweight stuff

NH from yesterday- 1100 lb deadlift is crazy , only 750 lbs to go 

will hit the trails a little later w/ Tiny E (DW may join as well)

qotd: temps have mostly been pretty close to normal-- we did have one outlier day where it hit 80, but we could use some moisture- especially in the valleys (mountains have fared better)

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

In ground.

LB - In ground or above ground pool? We had ours built in mid 90's. I have a pool view from my office. In the summer all yard work is followed by a swim and sometimes I will do a road run that I call a "dash and splash".

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

We ran 4 this morning...felt it in the hip a bit but when we went to the beach I did some yoga stretches and we shall see.  I think I am at 15 miles on this great race thing....can someone send a Uber for me?   I wasn’t going to but I think I am going to count walking miles too.

Qotd:  BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Ultra Cowboy

First run in 60 Days.  Was a bit of a struggle getting out there.  Grade : C  not as bad as i thought it would be.

WYBMADIITY

Save