Trailer Trash

Rio del Lago 100 (Read 33 times)

Watoni

Well, I may have found a fall race .... despite the calendars saying it is in October, it appears the Rio del Lago 100 is in November this year (11/9), and has a revised course with a bit more climbing and less loops.

The good elements seem to be time on the Western States trail (including No Hands Bridge), and good parts of the Way Too Cool Course. Downsides seem to be locals who remove course markings ...

Anyone have experience with this race? Lace, I am sure you can add one more to your fall/winter schedule Wink

Occasional Runner

I'll look at it. I know if it, but don't have any intimate knowledge of the race and have never met anybody that claimed to have run it. It would actually fit into my schedule, but I'm not sure I want another 100 this year.

valerienv

Thread killer ..

I know one of the local guys here won it last year . I'm pretty sure he is on Facebook  , Juan De Oliva , you could send him a message he's super nice and would probably answer any questions .

Watoni

I know one of the local guys here won it last year . I'm pretty sure he is on Facebook  , Juan De Oliva , you could send him a message he's super nice and would probably answer any questions .

Thank you! I have read a few reports since the change to the new course and it seems like a challenging course over nice trails. Hopefully I can transfer some of my Leadville/Pyrenees fitness and improve on my foot care ....