Trailer Trash

Trailer Tuesdaily 12-18 (Read 227 times)

Occasional Runner

Another 20 miles on the bike today including a brutal hill climb. I need to spend more time on the bike. It's a killer workout.

The swelling is down in my foot from my fall last weekend, but still has a tender spot on it. I'm going to be patient with it for a bit.

QOTD: Have you revisited the Runner's World Forums lately?

I hop over there once a week to see if it's rebuilding. The trail forum is almost totally dead. But I haven't read or posted anything.

mecrowe

Computer Geek

a fast four miles last night...all I had time for.   Digging the Cascadias.....so far so good.

lace....i agree about biking....a great workout....are you riding a road or mountain bike?   I usually mt bike once a week as the weather allows.

qotd:  I haven't been back there at all.....although I wasn't nearly as heavily invested as others....its kinda like stopping by to visit an ex-gf.  Big grin

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Good morning! 4 miles this morning followed by a leg workout. 

lace - I have been told that riding a bike without a seat is great for the legs - helps with the brutal downhill of some trails.  I have never tried but I have heard....

mecrowe- fast 4 miles is good! I need to implement more "speed" work in.  Would be helpful.  My goal for 2013 is more quality mileage instead of quantity.

QOTD: What is this runners world you talk about?

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

mecrowe

Computer Geek

Good morning! 4 miles this morning followed by a leg workout. 

lace - I have been told that riding a bike without a seat is great for the legs - helps with the brutal downhill of some trails.  I have never tried but I have heard....

mecrowe- fast 4 miles is good! I need to implement more "speed" work in.  Would be helpful.  My goal for 2013 is more quality mileage instead of quantity.

QOTD: What is this runners world you talk about?

Have a great day!

speed work/fast is all relative....I am by no means a fast runner.....but I find that if I only have time for less than 5 miles.....it is useful to make it something more than a slow jog.....sometimes I will run it as a tempo run, as I did last night (thats an 8:30 pace for me)....someitmes I will make it mile/half-mile intervals......just something to make a it a little more challenging.  One of my goals for 2013 is to get faster...right now.....a 10:00 pace is comfortable for me on the roads....I feel like I could run that pace for a long time....my goal is to make 9:30/mile feel that way....so I figure I need to spend some time running at a pace faster than that.   I still prefer long slow runs through the mountains.  Smile

Did a fast 6 last night  around the city, followed by a quick gym workout (arms, abs, squats) followed by a stop at the grocery store, and then ran 1 mile home with spaghetti sauce in hand. Got a few looks, but it was cold outside. So 7 miles all together. 

Tonight will be rec. volleyball, not exactly cross training but it's a great time. 

mecrowe - I love my cascadias too. Good stuff. 

QOTD: No, but I never really was there much to begin with.

FurShirtFlyer

I'm planning 8 miles with 10 x 100m Strides mixed in.

QOTD: I look at the main page but not the forums.

runtraildc

Morning! 

had trouble getting up this morning, so my fast 4 miles have been postponed to after work.  Might try to get DS to go out with me. 

qotd:  I'm like Lace, I go visit every so often to see if there is any action but no posting. It's so quiet, it's eery.

sugnim

I have a short run planned for after work this evening.  Maybe 4 miles or so.  I'll probably run through the neighborhood & enjoy the holiday light displays.

QOTD:  I've only gone there by accident.  When I type "run" into my browser, it automatically wants to direct me to RWOL.  I'm not sure how to change that.

boyjame:  A bike without a seat may be good for the legs, but it's terrible for your naughty bits.  I once had the seat slide into a completely vertical position of a new used bike I bought.  I just barely made it to the bike shop to borrow a wrench.  And good grief it's only just now as I type this that I realize I should have just walked the bike over.  Blush

LB2

Probably 4 miles later today. QOTD: I go over there to log my runs, but I will change to this log on January 1st. Other than that, I have not looked at it a couple of weeks I think...

LB2

runfastandie

HI everyone!

Still trying to wait out if I really messed up my foot or if it is just in the acute stage of injury.  My massage guy moved to Hawaii and my PT is out on maternity leave. I fell abandoned.

Have a great day all!  And stay safe to all you cycling- I'll stick to spin class!

Andie

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

I switched my normal strength training on Monday to today, and instead ran 8.5 yesterday afternoon- forecast today is calling for sustained 15-20 mph winds, so it was a good call Smile

qotd- haven't visited the forums, but I still use their free training log (have a years worth of data there)

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

Almost fell off my chair laughing at the image of riding a bike without a seat. I have a lot of crazy ideas, but this one has not yet crossed my mind. Too painful for my old bones.

Speaking of which, these old bones just deducted another year from their C14-inventory today (wait, no, I'm still alive, so no change to the inventory. Phew! But still one year older.). Not a new age group, though, still same ol' ladies club, requiring me to compete with some incredibly strong women.

Kelly: Nice bike ride! In Germany, I had a "test loop" (for testing myself to see if I was still in good shape every once in a while), including 2 hills, one with 18% grade, the other one with 22%, and that was ROAD!

mecrowe: 10 m/m used to be my comfortable road pace for a very long time. I got faster by adding some speedwork every now and then, and increasing my weekly mileage. Now 9 m/m are my new "forever" pace. Good chance speedwork will do wonders for you, too!

Jamie: Thanks for sharing this idea, it made my day! Why not just stand up on the bike, or is the seat really that much in the way?

Cocktails: Fun with the spaghetti sauce. Probably about the same weight of a full handheld, without the convenience of a strap. I'd panic about dropping the jar!

Flyer: Ambitious workout plan! Hope you'll get it in nicely!

TrailDC: Hope your DS will come run with you! Quality time with the youngsters is always great!

sugnim: I love running through the hood with the light displays. Makes the miles fly by.

LB2: Hope you'll get in a nice run later!

Andie: A good massage or physical therapist is worth being followed. If I had to choose between Hawaii and maternity, I'd take Hawaii, though...

warden: Have fun building strength in a nice, dry, warm gym, for a change!

QOTD: No. Like mecrow said, this would give me the ex-bf feeling, and I don't like that. I hardly ever (maybe once a year) re-visit forums and the associated websites that I have withdrawn from again. I still log my runs at mapmyrun, mostly for consistency, and because I have mapped almost all of my loops there.

Have a fun day, trailers!

Run for fun.

NorthernHarrier

Nice pace work on the roads yesterday. I'll do some trotting around the woods today, probably about  6miles. Tempo work in the woods on tap for tomorrow before the big storm. If I would have known about the big storm a couple days back I would have brought my ski's home. Damn!

Plugged in my Garmin to the computer last night and the little screen flickered and then went dead. WTF? I have nothing. I will look up some trouble shooting info when I get a chance but it doesn't look good. A trip over to REI a couple days before Christmas--not cool.

Mecrowe-- I love speed work, tempo and pace work, hill work. Running with a purpose and a plan. Just have to balance those type of workouts into the overall mix.

boyjame-- I think I'll keep mtn. biking with my bike seat. I worry enough when I'm standing while cranking up a big hill that my chain will slip a cog. Don't need a high pitched voice if you know what I mean.

Everyone else--have a great day.

QOTD-- I went over there (trail cat.) once out of curiosity. It was like a morgue.

Occasional Runner

Plugged in my Garmin to the computer last night and the little screen flickered and then went dead. WTF? I have nothing. I will look up some trouble shooting info when I get a chance but it doesn't look good. A trip over to REI a couple days before Christmas--not cool.

The same thing happened to my 405 once. I didn't do anything and it eventually came back to life. But the 405 is famous for having problems. I like my 905 much more, plus it has a 20 hour battery life, so I can take it on a real run.

I switched my normal strength training on Monday to today, and instead ran 8.5 yesterday afternoon- forecast today is calling for sustained 15-20 mph winds, so it was a good call Smile

qotd- haven't visited the forums, but I still use their free training log (have a years worth of data there)

Word is they're going to kill the training log over there-which was created by eric here. It's quite easy to migrate your data over.

After a week or better of mild, 20F-ish weather, temps plunged back down to single digits today, wind chills back below 0F. Oh, well. Makes runs of an hour or better hard for me, but today's 48 minutes didn't hurt too badly. Apart for one stretch where I was running directly into the wind, and my nose threatened to fall off. It didn't.

QOTD: I still check in, but don't post very often.

Edited to add: Happy Birthday to Weegee and Faster!