Trailer Trash

Wednesday (Read 28 times)

LB2

Rest day for me.

QOTD: Any tweeky things going on with you right now?

I am running pretty strong right now. Although, my left ankle is a little bit tweeky after running. I notice nothing while running. It is a lot like muscle soreness after working out, and I can feel some of that in my quads, too. I kind of like that.

LB2

DigDug2

6.5 on the road/rail trail this morning.  Another beautiful, cool summer morning in CT.

QOTD:  I've avoided big injuries for a while, but I do have a couple of things I would describe as "tweeky".  I rolled my left ankle in a race about 2 months ago - it hurt but not bad enough to make me stop, and it swelled up and bruised for the week after.  I didn't really rest or otherwise treat it - now it's generally fine unless I step on a rock or root and roll it in the same direction, which hurts.  (Same thing when I try to wriggle my foot back and forth to put on shoes - that lateral twisting hurts.)  Not sure what if anything to do about it - doesn't seem like it's getting better through neglect.  I also have a plantar's wart on my left foot that I've been trying to get rid of for a while - it's generally fine running but hurts like hell when a rock or root hits the spot directly.

Have a good day, all!

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Morning trail people! I managed about 52 minutes of running this morning.  (I am going to attempt to start thinking in terms of time instead of mileage but that is quite a shift in my thinking).  Having said that, it was 6 miles.

QOTD: Tweeky you say? Well It's a year almost to the day when my "feet issues" popped up.  But after a nice July I am doing ok.  Not great but not nearly as bad as I had been.  I will of course keep monitoring.  I soak my feet in ice water after most runs.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

runtraildc

Morning trailers!

Got in 6.5 mile tempo run last night with the running group.  Weather was nice, but still, I regretted not getting in a morning run when it was 60*.

LB2- enjoy the rest day

DD2- I hope CT heat and humidity aren't creeping up like it is in DC.  The last few days have been great!

boyjame--good luck on the 'shift' in thinking!

qotd:  Nope, thankfully!   ( I didn't just jinx myself, did I?)   Do need to get in some yoga to stay flexible and loose, though

NorthernHarrier

Morning folks,   Plan on a light bit of hill repeats followed by a couple miles on some rolling ski trails, nothing too intense though.  Some weights after that. And if it doesn't look like rain a little later I'll be out sealing the blacktop driveway. Cry God awful job.

So thanks to Chnaiur's Desolation trip report I've been looking at maps. 1900 miles appr. from here to there. One way. I'd love to go do that run and the distance and elevation gain is something I could pull off but that's a lot of gas money for someone unemployed. Smile  Just when I tell myself no more of that really long stuff......

QOTD--Most of you know of my hip injury over a year ago but I still have discomfort at times, stride isn't smooth and effortless anymore, and if I push too fast or too long I'll pay for it with a nice setback. But over the last couple weeks it has felt fantastic so I've just got to continue along as I have been with a few more rest days and monitor things so I remain optimistic.  Did read the other day of a football player with a broken bone and they were calling it an  18 month injury so maybe I just need to readjust my timeline. Be a little more patient.

moonlightrunner

Planning 6 at the state park later today. It is cool and rainy today. Feels kinda fallish. I noticed the sumac has tur end red by the highway.  Soooo looking to cool fall mornings.

Qotd: just some mild groin and hip issues. Just old age

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

jonferg67

Endless trails

6.5 hill loop workout this morning, love this cool weather!

QOTD: Yea, I got something, a nagging little pain in left calf-feels like a knot but

it's not. It bugged me this morning but I got through my workout no problem, so

who knows. Guess I'll just suck it up till it passes.

XtremeTaper

Had a massage and took a day off from running yesterday. First day off in 2+ weeks. Played golf in the evening instead so 4-5 miles of walking. I will hit the trails tonight with the dog. I think we will run around Green Lane Reservoir tonight to get in something along the 12-13 mile range. Great weather here this week so far.

QOTD: Noting major. Hip/back sometimes flares up if I do tempo or speedwork but it works out quickly enough and doesn't seem to impact any other runs.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Hi all,

I'm starting the big move to South Philly tonight....hoping maybe to get a run in later but it doesn't look likely at this point. Also see QOTD....

QOTD: I tweaked my groin/hip flexor the other night during a frisbee game. I took off yesterday and it's feeling much better today. I might go out for a couple test miles tonight.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

About to head out for a few miles on the trails.

I ran 9 miles on the rail-to-trail last evening with DS biking along, and at a park along the way, I found a bunch of my co-workers and bosses there playing softball. They gave me strange looks when I mentioned that DS and I had to go "just 2 more miles" to get back to our car (I did not mention that we had run/biked 7+ miles already). Fun to see how different the gauge of a long-distance runner is from the average person's gauge.

Edit: Oops, just found out my 9 miles yesterday were actually 10.6. OK, just a marginal error. Still heading out for the trails now...

QOTD: Ankles are a bit achy, have been like that for a while now. I don't know where this is coming from, but it sure gives me something to worry about for my future endeavors.

Run for fun.

sugnim

Good morning trailers.  I got a nice 5 miles on the riverfront trail with my dog this morning.  I wanted to go farther, but some moron built a camp in a super dry area where you are not supposed to camp & they let their fire get out of hand--the trail was blocked by fire fighting folks and plenty of smoke.

QOTD:  Tweeky?  I've never heard it used this way.  My right ankle is a little weird today.  For some reason it got really sore on a short 2 mile walk to the grocery store last evening.  Maybe it was the flip flops I was wearing.  Anyway, it's nothing a few stretches and some tart cherry juice won't cure.

Have a great day!

Chnaiur

Doing three warm-up miles before non-running interval training (Cycling, Rowing, Stair/Elliptical thingy). I really look forward to the day when I dare switch this workout for 5x1000 m intervals, but my tweaks are preventing me.

Harrier: If you ever make it here, let's link up! It may be cheaper to fly to Reno and take a bus to South Lake Tahoe than to pay for 3800 miles worth of gas.

QOTD: My feet keep acting up when I get close to 30 mpw. Achilleses are thankfully fine, but three other parts are on my watchlist: the Planar Fascia, the muscle on the outside of the foot that holds the little toe in, and the tendons on top of the foot.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

Snowdenrun

Yesterday was a rest day. Today I'l run something.

QOTD: I ate a lot and drank a lot when I was in Texas and now I feel like a fat lard. Does that count? I haven't been running to get any running tweeks.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

QOTD: My feet keep acting up when I get close to 30 mpw. Achilleses are thankfully fine, but three other parts are on my watchlist: the Planar Fascia, the muscle on the outside of the foot that holds the little toe in, and the tendons on top of the foot.

Did you just do a 30 mile run off of 30mpw?

Running is dumb.

Sandy-2

Day three of my hip-induced rest period.  Feeling much better today.  I am bound and determined to NOT run until 2 days after it feels really good.  Right now it looks like I'll do a little run on Saturday.

I did go to the gym at lunchtime today for some very light core training.

qotd: see above.

tbd.