Trailer Trash

Sundaily (Read 36 times)

Birdwell

Morning folks! SRD for me. Fell a bit short of my mileage goal this week. Goal was 15 or more, made it to 12 pain free (i'll take that any week)

QOTD: Do you have a "goal" in mind as you train/run? I find I do better when I have a goal run/race that I am working towards.

how about you? Do you need to be working towards something, or can you run for the run?

(p.s., my current goals are a "fast" half marathon in March, and a fast double crossing of the Ridgeline trail in the Superstition Mt. Wilderness around New Years.

Occasional Runner

I'm heading out for 15 trail miles near Salt Lake with friends, then a party that my running group is throwing at the trailhead.

Flying out to Wisconsin later tonight and won't be back to Utah for two weeks....ugh.

QOTD: I just run, but I shift and shape my weekly/monthly schedule in anticipation of whatever I have coming up on my calendar. But I also try to keep my monthly mileage above 300 as a typical base.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

13 before sunrise, and a personal best on that route. Now off to work.

QOTD: My goals often develop as I run. Sometimes I have a goal set in my mind already at the start, and I usually stick with it, but might change it if the run turns out to be totally different from what I expected it to be.

Have a great Sunday, everyone!

Run for fun.

jonferg67

Endless trails

I'm taking an URD today, did a double yesterday and felt tired on both

runs, since pushing through it isn't working I'll just rest instead. I think

working, packing, insomnia and training have caught up with me.

Yesterday I received my order from Hammer, I only ordered gels and fizz

but they sent me a plethora of samples and nutrition guidebook. Nutrition

has been the last thing I've thought of in my training, I'm looking to change

that and pay more attention. Does anyone here do the Hammer VIP thing

where they send your order automatically every month?

QOTD: It comes and goes for me, I like having a goal race in mind but I

also like the freedom of just running. Sometimes I feel more relaxed to

run as I feel, long if I want-fast if I'm feeling it, without a goal race.

sugnim

Good morning folks!  I'm taking an unplanned "cross-training" day today.  I found out that my neighbor's husband is in the hospital dying.  Their yard hasn't been mowed in a few weeks.  So, I'll be doing our yard & theirs this morning which means about 4-5 hours of mowing.

QOTD:  I do have goals, but they generally aren't races.  My goals are to have fun, improve my strength and speed, and to try new trails.  Sometimes I have goals for particular runs, such as maybe to make it to a peak without walking or pausing, to get through a certain rocky section without tripping, or to try to see some wildlife.  I do race now and then, but I'm nowhere near competitive speed.

Sandy-2

An easy 3 or 4 this morning, felt pretty good.

sugnim: nice.

qotd: I do seem to focus more when there is a race on the horizon.

tbd.

Probably no run for us today.  I was up around the clock dealing with my 97 year old Mom's health problems.  She was admitted and put in intensive care for pancreatitis.  She has generally been in great health for her age, but this is a serious condition.  They are puzzled by the cause because the usual ones do not seem apply.

QOTD:  These days my only goal is to enjoy my run and the trails I run on.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I woke up with a hangover, the problem is I didn't drink.  So I feel like crap and am hoping it passes as I have tons of chores that need to be done.  Not running today.

QOTD:  I can just run.  Goal is to not lose what I have built up to.  It does help to have races planned.

Couch:  That pretty impressive, 13 miles before sunrise to get your run in before work.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

LB2

I'll get 8 to 10 this evening. I just don't know where I will run today, 1.75 mile loops on the trail outside the door or a 10 mile out and back a few miles from here... I'll probably do some loops.

QOTD: I like to have a race on the horizon, something I can get excited about 50K or greater, preferably 100K or 100 miles. I don't have that right now. I just haven't had the mileage recently to do what I want to do. Nevertheless, I can run just to run, which is what I have been doing all year. I like it, but the urge to get on a starting line is growing stronger by the day. Of course, my goal at a race is not to necessarily win the race. I just want to run intelligently within my capabilities, and on most days, I can do that successfully.

LB2

Watoni

Going for a ride to the coast and back over the Santa Cruz mountains.

Remember when I said I had a month to prepare for my ride? Make that two weeks .... the 10-day tour is over in a month (oops). Still need an extra night hotel, to overhaul the bike, etc.

Still taking it mellow from Leadville, though. No sense in pushing it no matter how many other folks I see riding 100 miles and 16,000 feet both weekend days.

QOTD: I run the runs I love. Sometimes I try to structure them around a goal, but the run should always be an end in itself.

dpc3

Hung over 6

QOTD: I mostly run by feel with a long run goal in mind for the weekend depending on whatever run/race is on the calendar.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

going to get a short (5 miles??) recovery run in today, yesterday's run (hike/climb/scramble) left me a wee bit sore

few pics from yesterday

qotd: it helps me train (motivate) if there is a goal in sight, I'd run regardless, but it's more focused and much more likely that I get in more miles and longer runs w/ something on the horizon

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Daydreamer1

Spent this morning in Church. It was our turn to be the official greeters. For some reason I had the greatest urge to say "welcome to Wal-mart" Clown. And it wasn't because any of our members look like the sights you will see at Waly-mart, it's just my weird sense of humor. After that I got in a total of 6.7 miles. The first 5 were running with the last part walking with DW. Now it's time to do some Chemistry homework the head off to work.

TT - Sorry to hear that your Moms not doing well. At that age it gets harder to bounce back and pancreatitis can be very miserable. I hope she feels better soon.

QOTD: For many years I was into biking. I always set mileage goals for the month and year as well as performance goals. I didn't race so it was difficult to keep focused. One of the reasons that I switched to running was there are so many more trail events that I can participate in. Now I can set a goal for a specific event and stay focused. If i didn't set goals my mileage and speed would suffer. I would still run and bike just not as avidly.

Low_O2

7.3 road miles with the dog and pushing DS in the stroller this morning. Just kind of wandered around the neighborhood to areas I don't normally run. Felt really good and wanted to keep going but the dog was getting overheated so I headed home.

TT - Sorry to hear about your mom. 97 years of great health is pretty amazing! Hope she recovers quickly.

Warden - That looks like an awesome area to explore!

QOTD: I am much more motivated to get in the miles if I have a race on the calender. I run regardless, but my mileage really drops off if I'm not working towards a specific event.

Occasional Runner

Yesterday I received my order from Hammer, I only ordered gels and fizz

but they sent me a plethora of samples and nutrition guidebook. Nutrition

has been the last thing I've thought of in my training, I'm looking to change

that and pay more attention. Does anyone here do the Hammer VIP thing

where they send your order automatically every month?

The VIP program is really nice, but it's best if you wait and develop a rhythm with your usage. Mess with some of the stuff they sent you and see if any of it makes sense to work into your routine. After a couple of months, you can set up your VIP order.

Let me know if you have any questions about the product.